Chad Morris to have full control

Maverick.AU

26 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

If the offense flows this year do you fire Gus and promote Chad?  Why would you need Gus anymore?

Because Gus is a good Head Coach and a terrible OC now. Chad is the opposite.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AU_Twisterman said:

I hope this is Morris installing his own offense, as opposed to Morris just game planning and calling plays for Gus's offense.  There needs to be a complete redo, beginning with OL splits, stances, running play tempo, QB drops and release points, etc....

Malzahn's quote was "I am very excited for Chad to run OUR offense here at Auburn." Telling, to me. 

52 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

If the offense flows this year do you fire Gus and promote Chad?  Why would you need Gus anymore?

If the offense flows we win 10 games and Gus doesn't go anywhere.

Well, like basically everyone here, I’m leery in believing this and will just wait and see. I will say this for those of us in the “we’ve seen this before” crowd- Morris is on a completely different level than Dilly and Chip. We have not seen this variable before. I don’t see Gus rolling like he did with those guys. I think this was planned out and agreed upon before Morris came aboard. I’m cautiously optimistic. We’ll have more info come Spring Training. 

4 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Nobody on this site really believes that do they?    We all know that Gus will be responsible for all of the incomprehensible plays like he has done in the past. :dunno:

Full control of the offense.......for 2 of the games this fall, to be pre-selected by Gus. Subject to immediate change if conditions below are not adhered too

75% of 1st down plays are to be a run into the A gap, all passes must be bubble screens or seams, and min of 3 whirl birds.  

5 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

lucy-football.jpg.c0cafc67f018a4500a9b50d834cb49af.jpg

Post of the day! Spot on.

Here he goes again. We've heard Gus tell all his other OC's the same thing. And in the end, Gus takes back full control of the offense at some point during the season.

1 minute ago, auburn4ever said:

Here he goes again. We've heard Gus tell all his other OC's the same thing. And in the end, Gus takes back full control of the offense at some point during the season.

Just my opinion, I don’t think Chad Morris is gonna be the kind of guy that Gus will be able to pushover. I’d bet 100% control was the part of the reason CM took the job. With that being said, I wonder if CM will continue to run the HUNH, a different version of it, or if he’ll come up with a new scheme altogether. Should be an interesting spring 

I hope Chad Morris has full control of the offense and especially play-calling. Remember all the hoopla when Gus said he was taking over play-calling again? How did THAT work out? 😊

Y'all so lame. If Gus said he would remain the play caller then all of you would have been upset. He announces what you wanted and y'all still crying. Sounds like people who whine and complain no matter what

1 hour ago, AUbehemoth said:

Y'all so lame. If Gus said he would remain the play caller then all of you would have been upset. He announces what you wanted and y'all still crying. Sounds like people who whine and complain no matter what

I think it’s because the fan base has lost faith in him.  He could recruit 5 500lb linemen and we’d know everyone is going to know what play we’re running.

While I am in wait and see mode I tend to want to believe this may be true. We have NEVER  had a OC with the credentials of CCM since...I cannot recall. So again I have hope. But this is the last time, I pinky swear!!

3 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

While I am in wait and see mode I tend to want to believe this may be true. We have NEVER  had a OC with the credentials of CCM since...I cannot recall. So again I have hope. But this is the last time, I pinky swear!!

erewr.gif

asdas.gif

Archived