Even Year = Gus is CEO

dyehardfanAU

16 hours ago, AidiAU said:

I feel like this is a big deal if you are thinking this. You never sugarcoat. 

Last hooray for Gus to turn his offense around.  Going to be a point here in the very near future that that buyout won't be an obstacle to getting him gone.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

16 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Very moving insight.  It all makes sense now.  :lol:

24 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

17 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I feel like I missed some really juicy stuff here, dangit.

21 minutes ago, fredst said:

Gus has to be top five least-liked long term coach in the history of college football. I wonder what he thinks about that🤔

He's too busy spreading his salary all over his living room floor and making "cash angels"

Someone rethunk their remarks and swiped them off the board.  I've never seen WDE at a loss for words or shy about expressing his opinions.

6 hours ago, fredst said:

Gus has to be top five least-liked long term coach in the history of college football. I wonder what he thinks about that🤔

hahahahaha yooooooooooooooo mr fred!!! This hit home so much for me! brodie!! I FELT THAT FAM!!! lol. This is absolutely true!!! Him and Kirk Ferentz. But Kirk is at bum f*#k Iowa so I am sure they are perfectly content with what they are getting out of him. 

7 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Last hooray for Gus to turn his offense around.  Going to be a point here in the very near future that that buyout won't be an obstacle to getting him gone.

You were the very person that said money was no obstacle after the 2018 season when he racked up losses to MSU/UT + all 3 rivals.  The money was there, money was no issue and they'd scratch out that buyout in a heartbeat at any time.

Then Passthebiscuits says the BOT & PTB "are aware of the discontent, but just look at it as fans being fans" and they "see us as graduating players and running clean with the NCAA and Greene is a peace-keeper."

So which one of you are telling the truth?  If the BOT/PTB think things are fine then who has told Gus it's his last hooray to turn his offense around?  And if the buyout wasn't an obstacle in the wake of 2018 then why are they waiting for it to reduce to get him gone?

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

hahahahaha yooooooooooooooo mr fred!!! This hit home so much for me! brodie!! I FELT THAT FAM!!! lol. This is absolutely true!!! Him and Kirk Ferentz. But Kirk is at bum f*#k Iowa so I am sure they are perfectly content with what they are getting out of him. 

Now there's a program that should be happy with 8-win seasons. Lucky for them, they're getting almost 9 going back to 2013. 

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Now there's a program that should be happy with 8-win seasons. Lucky for them, they're getting almost 9 going back to 2013. 

A losing season is right around the corner for ol Kirky!!! But he usually follows that up with a 10 win season to extend his time in the corn fields even longer!!! lol

16 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

😩😩😩😩😩DDDDDuuuuuudddddeeee!!!!! You just equated AU with Gus to Iowa!!!  Now I’m really depressed

EE44F9A4-26CC-4008-8DAC-6DEF52F239F2.gif

1 minute ago, fredst said:

😩😩😩😩😩DDDDDuuuuuudddddeeee!!!!! You just equated AU with Gus to Iowa!!!  Now I’m really depressed

EE44F9A4-26CC-4008-8DAC-6DEF52F239F2.gif

I cannot remember who it was. I think it was me and @Tiger. But awhile ago maybe after yet ANOTHER LOSS IN RED STICK to extend the streak!!! lol. We decided on Kirk Ferentz as his coaching comp. He has turned us in to Iowa. And in turn he has turned a decent sized portion in this fan base to having Iowa like expectations. WE JUST HAPPY TO BE HERE AND TO MAKE A BOWL!!!!!!!!!! hahahaha. 

52 minutes ago, keesler said:

You were the very person that said money was no obstacle after the 2018 season when he racked up losses to MSU/UT + all 3 rivals.  The money was there, money was no issue and they'd scratch out that buyout in a heartbeat at any time.

Then Passthebiscuits says the BOT & PTB "are aware of the discontent, but just look at it as fans being fans" and they "see us as graduating players and running clean with the NCAA and Greene is a peace-keeper."

So which one of you are telling the truth?  If the BOT/PTB think things are fine then who has told Gus it's his last hooray to turn his offense around?  And if the buyout wasn't an obstacle in the wake of 2018 then why are they waiting for it to reduce to get him gone?

My inquiring mind is leaning in for this answer, too. I think the Bama win shook up the departure scenario, (their) benchmark-wise.

On 1/24/2020 at 2:58 PM, keesler said:

The reality is money was always an issue even if you could afford the buyout . People needed to be honest and just say that.  It’s always easy to spend other people cash. I doubt even the most advert Gus haters want to just write a blank check and say bye. Reduce cost is the key.

The fact that the money wasn't spent is not mutually exclusive with the possibility that there were those willing to spend it. You could drive a dozen Brinks trucks straight to Greene's office but it doesn't matter if the right people don't sign off on it. 

Furthermore, does anyone actually think that all of Auburn's power brokers agree that Gus is doing an adequate job? Surely not? PTB talked to a person. WDE talked to somebody else.

I guess maybe we just kinda want this to be more dramatic and entertaining than it is. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

The fact that the money wasn't spent is not mutually exclusive with the possibility that there were those willing to spend it. You could drive a dozen Brinks trucks straight to Greene's office but it doesn't matter if the right people don't sign off on it. 

Furthermore, does anyone actually think that all of Auburn's power brokers agree that Gus is doing an adequate job? Surely not? PTB talked to a person. WDE talked to somebody else.

I guess maybe we just kinda want this to be more dramatic and entertaining than it is. 

Well, it's certainly more dramatic and entertaining than 4-5 loss seasons.  Gotta get our enjoyment somewhere....

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Several us actually said this and it was dismissed. However, I think the primary point is now the emphasis is the cost of reduction being the barrier, when that was noted it wasn't a barrier previously. 

On 1/24/2020 at 7:45 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

My question is "are outside  forces putting pressure on Gus to turn around the offense" or " is deficiencies in his offense something he has realized on his own and if so i assume he does not know how to fix it"?

On 1/22/2020 at 11:47 AM, bigbird said:

Exactly.

Brady gets credit for the performance and turn around and O gets credit for the vision, willingness, and the wins.

And if Gus can do this and not revert back even when Chad moves on to another HC job, we will be set.  Gus checks off most of the other boxes. Clean program, elite recruiting, strong moral compass etc. 

On 1/24/2020 at 2:58 PM, keesler said:

This. Based on the fact that Ol Four Loss is still our coach I have to think Biscuits is right in this case...and it’s depressing.

• 3 weeks later...

At some point last year, Gus kept saying "we will win a national championship with Bo Nix as our quarterback." Bo is a good quarterback, but how many of you truly feel we'll win a national title him behind center.

Archived