Even Year = Gus is CEO

dyehardfanAU

38 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

At some point last year, Gus kept saying "we will win a national championship with Bo Nix as our quarterback." Bo is a good quarterback, but how many of you truly feel we'll win a national title him behind center.

Yea exactly. Unless Bo Nix is going to get Robocop style surgery and affix his head to Cam Newtons body, just not seeing it. Nix doesnt have the o line around him nor has he proven hes some kind of program changer. He was a heady qb for a freshman but nowhere close to elite. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

Yea exactly. Unless Bo Nix is going to get Robocop style surgery and affix his head to Cam Newtons body, just not seeing it. Nix doesnt have the o line around him nor has he proven hes some kind of program changer. He was a heady qb for a freshman but nowhere close to elite. 

Way too early to tell. A ton of eligibility left, and we still haven't seen the offense under Morris. 

53 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Way too early to tell. A ton of eligibility left, and we still haven't seen the offense under Morris. 

I just said he hasn't proven anything like that yet...nothing to warrant that ridiculous statement from Gus. He may turn out to be elite. Again, the oline is where I am really really concerned. 

56 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

I just said he hasn't proven anything like that yet...nothing to warrant that ridiculous statement from Gus. He may turn out to be elite. Again, the oline is where I am really really concerned. 

To be fair, what you said is that unless he gets a RoboCop style surgery and affixes his head to Cam Newton's body, you don't see it. :poke:

Agree about the o-line.

52 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

To be fair, what you said is that unless he gets a RoboCop style surgery and affixes his head to Cam Newton's body, you don't see it. :poke:

Agree about the o-line.

Lol. I like to get descriptive 😁

I am biased of course because I love Bo so much, but yes I do believe he is that special kind of talent to take us to a national championship.  Let's see what Bicknell, Jr. can do with the OL first.

Of all the years where there's blather about Malzahn needing to earn his keep, THIS is the season I think many powers that be would cut him loose if it's a mixed bag like we beat Bama but lost 4 reg season games. Contract payoff or not. Im one of those heretics that really cut him major slack but this is a tough schedule/team to have to produce across the board without a slipup. Fingers crossed. 

5 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Of all the years where there's blather about Malzahn needing to earn his keep, THIS is the season I think many powers that be would cut him loose if it's a mixed bag like we beat Bama but lost 4 reg season games. Contract payoff or not. Im one of those heretics that really cut him major slack but this is a tough schedule/team to have to produce across the board without a slipup. Fingers crossed. 

first, Gus is not going to beat Bama in Tuscaloosa. He hasn't done it yet and I don't expect this year to be any different.

Now on the reasons for this year to cut him loose. The best scenario for that to happen is if we lose to A&M and LSU at home this year IMO. That is not a good recipe to satisfy the PTB. 

12 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Gus is not going to beat Bama in Tuscaloosa

I dunno. bama very well could be at their most shaky since 2007. Last year was their worst team since 2010, and they lost their QB and an unusual number of first rounders, even for them. And they just lost Cochran, which may or may not matter. But there could be cracks in the armor. 

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I dunno. bama very well could be at their most shaky since 2007. Last year was their worst team since 2010, and they lost their QB and an unusual number of first rounders, even for them. And they just lost Cochran, which may or may not matter. But there could be cracks in the armor. 

ANd his backup almost beat us at our place, and he had only started the last 2 games in his career. 

They had a lot of injuries on the defensive side last year that slowed them down. 

Then there is Nick, probably has never left his office, since he did not make the playoffs for the first time, putting together his death to all the SEC team he will unleash on us this year. :)

12 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

ANd his backup almost beat us at our place, and he had only started the last 2 games in his career. 

They had a lot of injuries on the defensive side last year that slowed them down. 

Then there is Nick, probably has never left his office, since he did not make the playoffs for the first time, putting together his death to all the SEC team he will unleash on us this year. :)

Oh, we're probably going to lose. I just would personally downgrade it from definitely this year, lol.

I keep forgetting that we didn't play their starting quarterback last year.

On 2/25/2020 at 3:03 PM, auburn4ever said:

At some point last year, Gus kept saying "we will win a national championship with Bo Nix as our quarterback." Bo is a good quarterback, but how many of you truly feel we'll win a national title him behind center.

I don't think we will win one with Bo, but keep in mind he is not the weakest link keeping us from a championship.

Archived