Marcus Woodson leaving for FSU

TitanTiger

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Preciate you breaking that down for me, E.

No worries brother. That's what I'm here for. :cheers:

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

I'd at least waste a phone call on Corey Raymond.  He's the best DB coach in college football.  I don't see anyone getting him out of Red Stick unless it's to make him a defensive coordinator, but you call him anyway.

Of the candidates I've heard, I probably like Al Pogue.  But I'm admittedly not an expert on who the best available are.

DC in waiting 😁

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

In effect we already have that guy.  His name is Travis Williams.

Not sure about that. Most people I’ve seen connected to the program said he’s not ready to be a DC yet.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not sure about that. Most people I’ve seen connected to the program said he’s not ready to be a DC yet.

No, but by the time Steele moves on...

I don’t understand why we needed a separate coach for corners and safeties in the first place?   Why not let crime dog coach the DB’s and use the other coach for something else?  Special teams sure need some help. 

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Hence the "in-waiting" part.

4 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I don’t understand why we needed a separate coach for corners and safeties in the first place?   Why not let crime dog coach the DB’s and use the other coach for something else?  Special teams sure need some help. 

Two completely different positions and roles

Got damn bro. Not gonna lie. This one hurts. LIKE REAL BAD!!!! He was my favorite coach on staff. Marcus was by far our most in demand coach.  We dodged a lot of bullets on teams trying to hire him the past month but this last one they got us. We got coaching carousel efffffffffffed hard man. He already turned down FSU once. Since then he turned down his alma mater Ole Miss and TAMU. TAMU then hired FSU newly hired DB coach that they only hired when Woodson turned down TAMU. ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I would of loved to hire T Buck Terrell Buckley if Kiffin did not just hire him for DBs coach at Ole Miss. 

Wait a minute...for the past few years there has been endless complaining about our DBs inability to cover the better WRs that we face.   I'm guessing this falls on the DB Coach. 

SO...maybe this is an opportunity.  :dunno:

50 minutes ago, bigbird said:

No, but by the time Steele moves on...

Which sounds to be sooner rather than later so I’m still not sure he’ll be ready.

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Wait a minute...for the past few years there has been endless complaining about our DBs inability to cover the better WRs that we face.   I'm guessing this falls on the DB Coach. 

Yes it very well could be....but I think he was a great coach and recruiter...

49 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

don’t understand why we needed a separate coach for corners and safeties in the first place?

We didn’t necessarily but the NCAA gave us an opportunity to have a 10th coach and Woodson was the best available because he’s a great coach and a great recruiter. Also it seemed logical to have five coaches a piece on both sides of the ball.

52 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

Special teams sure need some help. 

Not many if any teams use their new tent coach strictly for special teams most every school I saw had their special teams coach still be a primary position coach elsewhere as well. There’s not enough to do on special teams for it to warrant a position coach by itself.

52 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Hence the "in-waiting" part.

I guess what I’m getting at is with the way things sound to me he’s not really being groomed for it either.

13 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Have you been the one endlessly complaining, or do you just pay too much attention to idiots?

15 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Wait a minute...for the past few years there has been endless complaining about our DBs inability to cover the better WRs that we face.   I'm guessing this falls on the DB Coach

This has not been a criticism most of the time Woodson was here.

I like the guy from Minnesota. His last name is Chance I believe. He did an excellent job for the Gophers. His DBs pretty much shut us down throughout the game.

5 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I like the guy from Minnesota. His last name is Chance I believe. He did an excellent job for the Gophers. His DBs pretty much shut us down throughout the game.

They got a lot of help from their defensive line our matador offensive line.

17 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

was that really a difficult thing to do?

42 minutes ago, AU64 said:

The complaint has been about the DBs not turning their heads for the ball. 

It has been explained that - that comes from style of man coverage Steele runs.

But you already knew that. Why you had to say this I'll never know.

32 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I guess what I’m getting at is with the way things sound to me he’s not really being groomed for it either.

This seems like a HUGE mistake.

Archived