Marcus Woodson leaving for FSU

TitanTiger

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Well no one knew who Woodson was or at least I will say MOST people did not know who Woodson was when they brought him in to the fold. Most wanted a bigger and more proven name then too. He turned out to be a top 3 recruiter on staff with RG and T Will. He turned out to be my favorite assistant on staff. For now I will trust the track record for hiring defensive coaches. It most likely will be Addison or Al Pogue. Both are not splashy big names. And if it is not them it would probaly be Blake Gideon who Lane just hired at Ole Miss. I know everyone wants the grand slam hire of getting Dell McGee to come coach the position group he played for at AU but how many times can one guy turn us down? lol. 

Gideon would've been a good one. 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Gideon would've been a good one. 

Would of LOVED IT! I bet he would of been the hire honestly if Lane did not just hire him in the past couple of weeks.

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Would of LOVED IT! I bet he would of been the hire honestly if Lane did not just hire him in the past couple of weeks.

All it takes is some cheddar and a title to get out of a contract.  Ask Kodi.

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

$$ talks...

I'm in no way saying Addison won't/wouldn't be a great coach given the opportunity

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

$$ talks...

I'm in no way saying Addison won't/wouldn't be a great coach given the opportunity

As long as it is a young stallion and not some paw paw like Grimes or Brown I will be happy! lol. I think any of the 3 choices of Gideon, Pogue and Addison have a chance to work out very nicely for us.

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

As long as it is a young stallion and not some paw paw like Grimes or Brown I will be happy! lol. I think any of the 3 choices of Gideon, Pogue and Addison have a chance to work out very nicely for us.

Brown was a very good coach

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Brown was a very good coach

He was. But you know me. Recruiting first and foremost is my number 1 priority brodie!!!! lol. It is the only joy I get out of Auburn Football these days is STARRRRRRRRRRR Gazing!!! haha.

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Woodson didn’t coach Carlton Davis

You're not allowed to correct me bro, you've said too much wacky stuff

This is a position where you need the coach to be solid, more than a recruiter. Of course both would be fantastic, but it's not like wr or hb. 

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

This is a position where you need the coach to be solid, more than a recruiter. Of course both would be fantastic, but it's not like wr or hb. 

@bigbird Would be perfect then. I mean no kid is going to want to be recruited by a giant yellow bird, but My goodness is he solid!

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

You're not allowed to correct me bro, you've said too much wacky stuff

We’ve all said wacky stuff just like you thought Woodson coached Davis when he didn’t. Just hold the L, we all win some and lose some

10 hours ago, AUBwins said:

@bigbird Would be perfect then. I mean no kid is going to want to be recruited by a giant yellow bird, but My goodness is he solid!

I could at least teach them to really fly around

9 hours ago, Sizzle said:

We’ve all said wacky stuff just like you thought Woodson coached Davis when he didn’t. Just hold the L, we all win some and lose some

That's true but it's also true that some are more consistent than others and the fact you're quiet and nowhere to be found when it's you that's wrong but you can sit around and monitor and wait and make an appearance when it's somebody else. When I see you ever come back and speak in a thread after you do one of your no you're wrongs then I'll take you seriously. 

As far as L no I'm not taking that. I'll take that I was wrong about Davis but as far as the overall point that woodson is a good coach, I still win

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I could at least teach them to really fly around

Big Bird doesn't fly though 🤔

17 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

JGT is floating that it appears it's going to be a promotion for a current analyst instead of going out and hiring a proven elite recruiter.

Former Furman cornerbacks coach Addison Williams joined Auburn's staff as an "assistant to" head coach Gus Malzahn in February 2019. He is also an analyst. It's not clear if he will be on Auburn's personnel staff or strictly work with Auburn's offensive and defensive analysts in the film room and on the field in the fall.

Williams worked previously as a defensive backs coach and coordinator at Tusculum College, a Division II school, before joining Furman. He was an All-SEC cornerback for three years South Carolina.

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/LongFormArticle/Meet-the-38-support-staffers-behind-the-scenes-of-2019-Auburn-football-133354724/#133354724_1

Saves on moving expense

Archived