New deal for Kevin Steele through 2022

Maverick.AU

14 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I'm not sure I follow you. What's the link between mistrust and/or resentment of "insiders" and hatred of players?

Hah, I meant player hatred in the Urban Dictionary sense. Folks resent insiders just for being insiders. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, McLoofus said:

Hah, I meant player hatred in the Urban Dictionary sense. Folks resent insiders just for being insiders. 

Loof, I'm a dad now. You have to talk to me like I'm the whitest guy you know. This is a real low point for me.

58 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You're reaching to the point of absurdity. Why do you post things like this? 

This is McLoofus responding to a post by @AU64. Here all this time I thought I had the monopoly on Loofus stalking me around the various fora and making insulting and/or disparaging comments. Now I see he's been doing the same to someone else recently. Hey Loof: Are you going to double your number of inane insults or are we each only going to get half as many? Are you considering any other prospects for addition to the list of people you stalk? Not that it matters because I normally scroll past them without responding anyway. It's just a question to satisfy mild curiosity.

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Loof, I'm a dad now. You have to talk to me like I'm the whitest guy you know. This is a real low point for me.

Hey Barn, what'd the ocean say to the boat? Nothing, it just waved at it. 

Get in here, big guy. Thaaaaat's it. Don't worry. You're going to be fine. 

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

This is McLoofus responding to a post by @AU64. Here all this time I thought I had the monopoly on Loofus stalking me around the various fora and making insulting and/or disparaging comments. Now I see he's been doing the same to someone else recently. Hey Loof: Are you going to double your number of inane insults or are we each only going to get half as many? Are you considering any other prospects for addition to the list of people you stalk? Not that it matters because I normally scroll past them without responding anyway. It's just a question to satisfy mild curiosity.

You're right. I do give you guys a lot of attention that you seek but do not earn. It's a flaw I've admitted to many times. As with the last time we had this particular conversation, I encourage you to try that. 

Answer me this, though. Are the tone and content of my responses to you so much different than that of the responses you typically get from others? 

42 minutes ago, keesler said:

You remember correctly because the same somebody that made that statement on here took it to tRant and posted the exact same words.  He basically said he heard from someone in the AD that Steele told Greene that if Gus was retained then he'd be gone.

I distinctly remember going to private messages with AUFriction & possibly AU64 about the subject because there was no way I could believe Steele would tell anyone in the AD and make an ultimatum statement like that.  That's just not how Kevin Steele operates, he'd never stab his boss in the back like that or participate in insubordination.

I remember this too and got into a huge ass fight with a MOD over it.

I pretty much perk my ears when PTB speaks and that is about it.

2 hours ago, shabby said:

The rumour was part of the Fire Gus mania. IMO  It was started in order to promote a narrative that Gus must be fired or else we will lose Steele.

Yep and the loudest ones were pushing the narrative on CKS being a good replacement, while also disregarding the money being there for Stoops rumor.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Answer me this, though. Are the tone and content of my responses to you so much different than that of the responses you typically get from others? 

Yes, except for the times when the others are following you in a pile on, monkey see/monkey do style.  It doesn't bother me, really, though I do enjoy making the random comment about it on rare occasion.  By all means, carry on.

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

It sounds crazy but I kind of remember that being suggested too, but by whom I don't remember. I could be wrong though. Could have been someone twisting words.

I believe @WarDamnEagleWDE or @passthebiscuits said it.  It was one of them who said that.  I am sure they could explain it better than any of us could anyways.  Thanks in advance guys if you can clarify!

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

There was 100% a rumor that he no longer has any interest in coaching under Gus and would possibly walk if Gus was retained.

Truth. I've said this and I still stand by this. Money talks. Good for Steele. I'm ecstatic he's back.

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Truth. I've said this and I still stand by this. Money talks. Good for Steele. I'm ecstatic he's back.

Yeah. I mean, of COURSE he was thinking about it. 

War Damn Greene. (And green.) 

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Yes, except for the times when the others are following you in a pile on, monkey see/monkey do style.  It doesn't bother me, really, though I do enjoy making the random comment about it on rare occasion.  By all means, carry on.

Image result for leadership gif"

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

A couple of you keep saying this, but I haven't seen these quotes. 

Tenacious. Like a chihuahua. 

I don’t care enough to dig through the post to prove it to you. 

I’m not tenacious, it’s easy to point out things that are ridiculous.

19 hours ago, rophle said:

That can’t be true; we were told Kevin wouldn’t coach for Malzahn anymore. That’s why he was gonna be the head coach. 

^^^^THIS^^^^

I'm just gonna wait 'til it's officially official because it doesn't support what those in the know have said.  Who has to come off of double-secret probation to make that public?

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Can you provide an update on the FOF construction?  You've mentioned in the past that Jay Jacobs was the hold-up, the money was there they just didn't trust him and that Greene had raised +70% of the funding and that the Boosters/Donors & folks in charge didn't want to "reward" a mediocre HC by giving him a new FOF.

So where are they now that Gus has been on staff at least 2 more years after those comments were made and Jay Jacobs has been gone for a couple of years now?

Super happy we have locked in Steele till 2022. He has done a masterful job. Last years D was fantastic but think how good they would have been if O had a lot fewer 3 and outs putting D back on the field. Actaually I could say about all the 3 and outs for the last two years. Our D has been putting up these kind of numbers without a ball control Offense that kept the D off the field. 

Being the highest paid in your position can certainly diminish some of the concerns you've had working for a particular company. It can certainly sway someone from not wanting to work there under a particular boss. 

Dilly left Gus to do the same thing for Norvell. So did Woodson. Gus has been making Steele look worse than he should with all the 3 and outs Gus engineers. It's not crazy to think he'd rather be paired with a competent offense and that being the highest paid DC helped sway his decision. 

I mean if you're a DC would you want to play for a HC who assists your defense to the tune of less than 300 yards of total offense 4 times a season? In this era?

29 minutes ago, keesler said:

Greene had raised +70% of the funding and that the Boosters/Donors & folks in charge didn't want to "reward" a mediocre HC by giving him a new FOF.

I am not sure that is correct, or if it were and I were Malzahn I would be very upset.  Remember he donated $2 million of his own money for the facility.  If I donated to something and did not see it come to fruition I would wonder where my money has gone.

8 minutes ago, Tiger said:

It's not crazy to think he'd rather be paired with a competent offense and that being the highest paid DC helped sway his decision. 

Reading this part of your post makes me think there may be actual, factual honest to goodness truth to the news about Chad running the offense. The money obviously didn't hurt of course but Chad's hiring could have cemented the extension for Steele.

8 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I am not sure that is correct, or if it were and I were Malzahn I would be very upset.  Remember he donated $2 million of his own money for the facility.  If I donated to something and did not see it come to fruition I would wonder where my money has gone.

Gus "pledged" $2MM of his personal $$ to the FOF as did the rest of the donors/boosters.  That doesn't mean they scratched out checks for $70 million for a project that has been running +2 yrs in the planning stages.  People make pledges and they pay up when they see the projects commence.

My question to WDE was that He made comments over a year or 2 ago that Greene had raised +$70MM for the FOF and that the PTB felt like they didn't want to reward a mediocre HC with new facilities.  He also made comments that AU wouldn't spend $$ while Jacobs was the AD because the $$ people didn't trust him.  Since those comments were made, Jacobs is gone - a 3rd of the $$ has been pledged and not a damn brick has been placed.  I want to know what kind of time line is on this project AND the JHS renovation project because Auburn is woefully behind the many SEC programs.  

4 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Reading this part of your post makes me think there may be actual, factual honest to goodness truth to the news about Chad running the offense. The money obviously didn't hurt of course but Chad's hiring could have cemented the extension for Steele.

I certainly hope so! 

Archived