New deal for Kevin Steele through 2022

Maverick.AU

23 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yup. When he's not in game mode he's as cool as the other side of the pillow. His brother Jeff works for AU Athletics also. The nice runs in the family.

Thanks for sharing.  I was wondering if Jeff was still there.  I figured with Kevin there, and Auburn being a wonderful place in general, that he would still be there.  If you had ever met their parents when they were alive you would fully understand why they are both so humble and nice.  Truly the most approachable 2 people I have ever met, Pete and Margaret Steele. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, ellitor said:

The reason isn’t as important as the confirmation as he was seriously considering retirement.

I have no doubt he has considered retirement. CKS has been doing this a long time on some of the best teams in the country against the other best teams in the country. When you stop for a minute and look at his resume you wonder why we don’t have to fight each year to keep him. It’s a good thing him and his family enjoy Auburn. I hope we are his last stop 🦅👍🙏

3 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Gus and Allen really did a smart thing. Glad we have coach Steele for at least 3 more years.

Too positive from you.... remember WSU thought they had leach lined up for more years. Contracts in college football don't mean jack if people are willing to spend.

Archived