Null



Sign in to follow this  
GwillMac6

2020 Final Recruit Rankings

Recommended Posts

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/playerrankings/_/view/rn300/sort/rank/class/2020

ESPN 300 final rankings are out. Tank at 20, Wesley Steiner at 42, Chris Thompson JR at 76, Z Walker at 93, Kobe at 114, Z Capers at 134, LaDarius Tennison at 140, JJ Evans at 143, Jay Hardy at 185,  Desmond Tisdol 210, Eric Reed JR 229, Cam Riley at 280! and Jeremiah Pegues at 300!!! MUCH MUCH MUCH MUUUUUUUUCH BETTER than Rivals trash rankings.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/playerrankings/_/view/rn300/sort/rank/class/2020

ESPN 300 final rankings are out. Tank at 20, Wesley Steiner at 42, Chris Thompson JR at 76, Z Walker at 93, Kobe at 114, Z Capers at 134, LaDarius Tennison at 140, JJ Evans at 143, Jay Hardy at 185,  Desmond Tisdol 210, Eric Reed JR 229, Cam Riley at 280! and Jeremiah Pegues at 300!!! MUCH MUCH MUCH MUUUUUUUUCH BETTER than Rivals trash rankings.

Honeslty,,,,,they did our players better....but I do not think ESPN is better than anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Honeslty,,,,,they did our players better....but I do not think ESPN is better than anyone.

When ESPN ranks our players higher than anyone else then they become the best!!! Lol. But seriously rivals has been trash for awhile. 247 and ESPN are the best. 

Our recruits being high on ESPN is so important since they are the rankings that get on TV all the time around both signing days.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

When ESPN ranks our players higher than anyone else then they become the best!!! Lol. But seriously rivals has been trash for awhile. 247 and ESPN are the best. 

Our recruits being high on ESPN is so important since they are the rankings that get on TV all the time around both signing days.

Well at least Rivals snuck CTJ back in their final 250 with a massive near 500 spot jump up to #200. Given how crazy Rivals is I wouldn't be surprised if they had just completely forgot about him when he had a massive drop last month.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Final Rivals 250

Auburn signees and where they moved from the previous ranking:

45 RB Tank Bigsby (-25)
77 DT Jay Hardy (-5)
96 DE Zykeivous Walker (-2)
116 WR Kobe Hudson (+10)
181 WR Ze'Vian Capers (+6)
183 CB Eric Reed Jr. (+5)
188 TE Jeremiah Pegues (+2)
200 DB Chris Thompson Jr. (+51)
219 LB Wesley Steiner (+7)
224 WR JJ Evans (-1)

Final 247 rankings com out next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This should be instructive for the "recruiting rankings don't matter"  set. Does it matter exactly where on these lists each one of these guys falls? Are all these guys going to be good? Absolutely not. What matters is that we have a lot of names on the list. Several positions, too. Will be huge if we add an OL. 

Edited by McLoofus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

When ESPN ranks our players higher than anyone else then they become the best!!! Lol. But seriously rivals has been trash for awhile. 247 and ESPN are the best. 

Our recruits being high on ESPN is so important since they are the rankings that get on TV all the time around both signing days.

I agree about the tv aspect. I just hate BSPN so much. Rivals seems to only put merit to a player based off if that player camps with them and how well they do in camp. They do not go to Rivals camps and they have no chance.....at least IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's interesting that Rivals isn't better at this. I mean, do they do anything else besides recruiting? Weren't they the big name in the game once upon a time? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It's interesting that Rivals isn't better at this. I mean, do they do anything else besides recruiting? Weren't they the big name in the game once upon a time? 

I think it's all kind of kangaroo court-like to be honest. I think the disparities amongst the top 300-400 players is pretty minimal with the exception of a few elite guys. I get how the top 300 can be shuffled around between different services.....you would think those 10-20 truley elite guy would be pretty much a slam dunk across the board though. Lots of speculation and prediction in their evals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I think it's all kind of kangaroo court-like to be honest. I think the disparities amongst the top 300-400 players is pretty minimal with the exception of a few elite guys. I get how the top 300 can be shuffled around between different services.....you would think those 10-20 truley elite guy would be pretty much a slam dunk across the board though. Lots of speculation and prediction in their evals.

Well said. (Out of likes.)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering they're supposed to predict how likely it is that a particular 18 year old will make the NFL, kinda hard to keep a straight face sometimes anyway. See e.g. scholarship.claremont.edu (pp. 2-3)

Edited by aucanucktiger
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Auburn is:
ESPN - 6th in the Nation

SEC - 4th in Conference

SEC West - 3rd

6 of the top 8 teams are from the SEC ( 4 from the west).

This speaks volumes of the SEC as a conference as a whole compared to all other power 5 conferences. ( Just ESPN ).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, McLoofus said:

It's interesting that Rivals isn't better at this. I mean, do they do anything else besides recruiting? Weren't they the big name in the game once upon a time? 

Once 247 came out they lost a lot of their writers.  Since those defections, the quality on Rivals has never been as good.

Edited by War to the Eagle
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2020 at 4:41 AM, ellitor said:

Final Rivals 250

Auburn signees and where they moved from the previous ranking:

45 RB Tank Bigsby (-25)
77 DT Jay Hardy (-5)
96 DE Zykeivous Walker (-2)
116 WR Kobe Hudson (+10)
181 WR Ze'Vian Capers (+6)
183 CB Eric Reed Jr. (+5)
188 TE Jeremiah Pegues (+2)
200 DB Chris Thompson Jr. (+51)
219 LB Wesley Steiner (+7)
224 WR JJ Evans (-1)

Final 247 rankings com out next week.

That’s a huge jump for Chris Thompson jr 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this