Excuse this away

AUght2win

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

"Revenue doesn't matter."

Since the invention of a college football national title game in 1998, only 19 programs have made the playoffs or a national championship bout. 17 of the 19 are on this list. The only two who aren't? Virginia Tech and Miami, who both made it nearly 20 years ago. Both programs are now wallowing in obscurity after being left behind. 

I cannot figure out what went so wrong at Miami. They had a dynasty easily on par with Bama's Saban dynasty.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

I cannot figure out what went so wrong at Miami. They had a dynasty easily on par with Bama's Saban dynasty.

Miami is really not a very big school, does not have a large affluent alumni base, and therefore the school does not have resources to build the facilities necessary to recruit the best players and pay for the best coaches, etc.   The talent in South Florida is as good as anywhere, but Miami can’t prevent the local talent from leaving the area for better programs

23 hours ago, Mims44 said:

Not to be that guy but....

10. Auburn / SEC

11. LSU / SEC

12. Tennessee / SEC

UT with what now? A decade long crap fest is still just shy of us in earning.

To play devil’s advocate, we are also 10 spots behind a team that Gus has a good record against (tamu). What this says is that UT and TAMU are underachieving based on their profit margin, while Auburn, Bama, UGA, and LSU are succeeding right about you’d expect. (I know LSU just won the championship, but their records have averaged about the same as ours over the previous 5 years.)

As I bleed orange and blue, I am so sick of seeing Auburn's President, AD and other powers at be giving Gus Malzahn a fee pass to a coach who's losing 4 or more every year. 

18 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Auburn is now synonymous with big time college football. 

Has always been "big Time" college football in my life and mind. Granted we need a few things and they will come. Not buying into our facilities and program being in shambles or locked into mediocrity forever. 

On 1/25/2020 at 6:35 PM, SaltyTiger said:

Has always been "big Time" college football in my life and mind. Granted we need a few things and they will come. Not buying into our facilities and program being in shambles or locked into mediocrity forever. 

Our facilities aren't in shambles, they just don't compare with our main rivals  and now they don't even compare with some of our non-main rivals aTm/USC/UK/LSU/UT/MSU.

Auburn Administration needs to get off the drawing board and start slinging brick & mortar on that FOF, it should've been completed years ago. Yet the folks in charge haven't even decided where the hell to put it. :ucrazy:

On 1/24/2020 at 2:21 PM, ToraGirl said:

Or has a ridiculously loyal consumer base with a below-average memory...who generally likes Ruth's Chris but doesn't mind Golden Corral on most occasions. 

😁😉

Auburn pays Ruth's Chris prices for Golden Corral meals.

5 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Auburn pays Ruth's Chris prices for Golden Corral meals.

Hey, it might be mediocre football, but you can have as much of it as you want!

23 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Hey, it might be mediocre football, but you can have as much of it as you want!

Oh no, you didn't...yes, you did. Aside from the legendary chocolate fountain, I'm good. 🤣🦅

Archived