(Updated): Al Pogue - new DB coach

auburn4ever

1 hour ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

This makes me LOL. He's literally got no idea what a DB is.

Wanna  bet no one knows bird and his vile mind as well as I do. I would bet your a DB yourself

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Well I was All SEC as a DB but I'm not dead just yet...............sonny boy

I thought you were so talented you could've skipped college all together and went straight to the pros

54 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Wanna  bet no one knows bird and his vile mind as well as I do. I would bet your a DB yourself

Reminds me of the time in 4th grade in boring math when, in a class of mostly "it-bunch" nincompoops, the ringleader sneezed a sneeze 1 mil decibels her size during quiet work time, got the likeminded ones off track, and then had the nerve to glance my way and say, "She didn't even HEAR it."

As if. Bigger fish to fry. (That focus, selective-attention, and groupthink bucking started early.)

The real DB just stood up. 🤣😉

Joe Whitt Jr was a DB coach for Atlanta in 2007. So if Auburn did hire him, it wouldn't be the first time he's coached DB's. That being said, I'm hoping Gus will hire Dell away from uga.

Hire McGee and its a marquee hire while inflicting pain on UGA while they reel from the Zach Evans debacle.  

That is a 'win-win' for me.

Kinda like Auburn winning and bama losing on the same day.  

4 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Dell McGee has turned out to be a great recruiter and coach.

After all the Tommy Thigpen stuff?

4 hours ago, Beaker said:

Hire McGee and its a marquee hire while inflicting pain on UGA while they reel from the Zach Evans debacle.  

That is a 'win-win' for me.

Kinda like Auburn winning and bama losing on the same day.  

Need to hire McGee from UGA and keep Porter from being hired by UGA. Thugs wants to damage AUs recruiting and secure B Jones signature with hiring one of our best recruiters in Porter. 😡🤬

Tracy Rocker, there ya go! Assuming Tommy Thigpen says no...🤣🤣🤣🤣

8 hours ago, triangletiger said:

Nick Saban.

I draw the line at some point.   Make him an analyst.   I don't trust him with on the field decisions.

On 1/25/2020 at 9:02 AM, Mikey said:

It's said that AU has approached Dell several times about returning "home" and he isn't interested. Why is another question, but I do think that of it comes down to an arms race, UGA can match us dollar for dollar without a problem.

GA just lost their TE coach and Director of Player Personnel to TAMU.  The Player Personnel guy had been with Kirby since Alabama.  

23 hours ago, cole256 said:

I thought you were so talented you could've skipped college all together and went straight to the pros

Well I never ever ever like to brag but.......................................

So what makes you people think Dell McGee who is the current UGA Assistant Head Coach as well as RB coach and Run Game Coordinator would take a demotion to come to Auburn as DB coach? 

giphy-4.gif

2 hours ago, Paladin said:

It would sure fit Auburn's typical MO. 

(That said, he was always one of my favorite players.)

3 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

It would sure fit Auburn's typical MO. 

(That said, he was always one of my favorite players.)

He wouldn't be bad. 

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

He wouldn't be bad. 

Good to hear. Rare to hear in reference to former-players-being-hired...you know, post count and all. 🙄

Archived