College Game Day coming to Auburn

WarTiger

College Game Day just announced they will be coming to Auburn for the first time ever next saturday for our matchup with Kentucky.  This is HUGE.

While I’m no fan of ESPN anymore, the attention for AU here is just fantastic. If AU can somehow pull off the win, it will be another landmark moment for this program. 

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

Who's broadcasting it?

My guess is the Jay Bilas crew.

ESPN?

Yes.

Game time?

5 PM CT.

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think it was 2 years ago when we had an equally as hyped matchup against UK but that didnt get the gameday treatment. Should be a CRAZY environment by the arena/the Village dorms 

Not the game you are talking about but the UK at AU game from when Kareem Canty was here is honestly one of our biggest upsets in program history!!! I still have no idea how we beat that UK team. To me that was Bruce's worst AU team with how the season ended. That was freaking nuts. That team UK team had Jamal Murray and would go on to win the SEC Tourney.

52 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Not the game you are talking about but the UK at AU game from when Kareem Canty was here is honestly one of our biggest upsets in program history!!! I still have no idea how we beat that UK team. To me that was Bruce's worst AU team with how the season ended. That was freaking nuts. That team UK team had Jamal Murray and would go on to win the SEC Tourney.

I think Bruce does an admirable job of getting us hyped for those games, just unfortunate that we've had some roster misfortune during some of the games we woulda liked to come away with. Guys being suspended in the SEC tourney, guys' confidence staying at home versus traveling to Rupp last season, even Okeke getting hurt right before us playing them in the final four last year. Just unlucky against that program.

What's funny though is that since the game you mentioned, we are 3-3 vs UK and should be 4-2 if the team continued to feed a red hot Bryce Brown last year at home. I believe that is the only home loss Ive witnessed

I hope our crowd is hyped up for the game next Saturday. IMO, they were very weak during the Iowa State game. Pearl should never have to be amping up the crowd on the last play of the half. But I can't wait for the game and can't wait for the atmosphere of it. Might actually have to take off on Saturday to watch Gameday. :D

2 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Might actually have to take off on Saturday to watch Gameday

Or just record it or watch the replay on the ESPN APP when you get home.

On 1/26/2020 at 10:51 AM, tgrogan21 said:

I hope our crowd is hyped up for the game next Saturday. IMO, they were very weak during the Iowa State game. Pearl should never have to be amping up the crowd on the last play of the half. But I can't wait for the game and can't wait for the atmosphere of it. Might actually have to take off on Saturday to watch Gameday. :D

trust me, they wouldnt be going to the extents they're currently going through if it wasnt going to be quite an environment saturday. the basketball environment gets up for matchups

Archived