LSU set to hire Bo Pelini as DC

Maverick.AU

He was good back in the day. I’m eager to see how he’s adapted his defense for the modern offense. 

Great hire. He is exactly the kind of crazed lunatic you look for in a DC. Great DC when he was at LSU when they won the Natty in 07. A absolutely criminally underrated Head coach at Nebraska! Never won less than 9 games at Nebraska and won 10 games 3 times.

This is a very strong hire. Strong as battery acid. Pelini, for whatever personal foibles he may have had some years ago at Nebraska, can flat coach.  LSU is gonna be stout again on defense even with Aranda gone.  I don't know if Pelini is an upgrade at DC but it's hard to call him a downgrade...

23 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Great hire. He is exactly the kind of crazed lunatic you look for in a DC. Great DC when he was at LSU when they won the Natty in 07. A absolutely criminally underrated Head coach at Nebraska! Never won less than 9 games at Nebraska and won 10 games 3 times.

Not worthy of Nebraska standards. 4 losses every year, losing bowl record, no championships.

Pelini wasn’t necessarily at Gus Malzahn-levels of fans divided, but there was certainly a significant portion of the fan base who deemed that cranking out 9 wins wasn’t good enough at a traditional power like Nebraska.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/lsu-football/what-bo-pelini-return-lsu-means-ed-orgeron-culture-established-2020/

He did have the guts to say what he thought of the Nebraska powers and fans though lol

https://deadspin.com/bo-pelini-on-nebraska-fans-****-you-fans-****-all-o-1327398903?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Pelini even had the guts to say let's see how they do when I'm gone.

bocat.jpg

17 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Not worthy of Nebraska standards. 4 losses every year, losing bowl record, no championships.

If it's good enough for Auburn.....it's certainly good enough for Nebraska.

giphy.gif

26 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/lsu-football/what-bo-pelini-return-lsu-means-ed-orgeron-culture-established-2020/

He did have the guts to say what he thought of the Nebraska powers and fans though lol

https://deadspin.com/bo-pelini-on-nebraska-fans-****-you-fans-****-all-o-1327398903?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Pelini even had the guts to say let's see how they do when I'm gone.

bocat.jpg

lol Nebraska is the Rocky Top of the corn fields these days. They need some serious self awareness. They are not a great program anymore. They are not even a good program anymore. They are a average program. Once you took the ability to recruit nationally away from them? DUNZO! Their recruiting base is crap. The Pelini years is what they will YEARN FOR with how bad it has been since Pelini and will continue to be. You are right. Pelini is not the Nebraska standard. HE WAS ABOVE IT for the modern day standard at Nebraska. Nebraska is trash. They will never come close to being what they used to be. They will be lucky to get bowl eligible going forward. I like Scott Frost. I think he is a good coach. Still do. Even with him going 4-8 and 5-7 in his 2 years at Nebraska. But he is just in a no win situation at a school where it is impossible to consistently get good enough talent to come even CLOSE to meeting the delusional expectations of Nebraska fans.  The 90's ain't ever coming back NeBraska!!!! lol.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol Nebraska is the Rocky Top of the corn fields these days. They need some serious self awareness. They are not a great program anymore. They are not even a good program anymore. They are a average program. Once you took the ability to recruit nationally away from them? DUNZO! Their recruiting base is crap. The Pelini years is what they will YEARN FOR with how bad it has been since Pelini and will continue to be. You are right. Pelini is not the Nebraska standard. HE WAS ABOVE IT for the modern day standard at Nebraska. Nebraska is trash. They will never come close to being what they used to be. They will be lucky to get bowl eligible going forward. I like Scott Frost. I think he is a good coach. Still do. Even with him going 4-8 and 5-7 in his 2 years at Nebraska. But he is just in a no win situation at a school where it is impossible to consistently get good enough talent to meet the delusional expectations of Nebraska fans.  The 90's ain't ever coming back!!!! lol.

Cause they fired Peleni! He called it. Give Bo his credit man. Solich was winning 10 almost every year also and that was into the 2000's. He was 10 and 3 in 03. Then they tried to go west coast with Callahan.

I think leaving the Big 12 was a really bad move for them and a major player in where they are today. It damaged their recruiting, which like you said is difficult.

2 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Cause they fired Peleni! He called it. Give Bo his credit man. Solich was winning 10 almost every year also and that was into the 2000's. He was 10 and 3 in 03. Then they tried to go west coast with Callahan.

I think leaving the Big 12 was a really bad move for them and a major player in where they are today. It damaged their recruiting, which like you said is difficult.

Exactly Frank deserves his credit as well. The 2 they did not appreciate enough in Frank and Bo who they ran off and thought they could do much better than THEY WOULD KILL for those results with how awful they have been lately.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Exactly Frank deserves his credit as well. The 2 they did not appreciate enough in Frank and Bo who they ran off and thought they could do much better than THEY WOULD KILL for those results with how awful they have been lately.

Hindsight is 20/20. Those guys had to follow Osbourne plus 40 years of history.

59 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Too serious.

I am known for my serious nature.

giphy (1).gifgiphy.gif

giphy (2).gif

2 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

If it's good enough for Auburn.....it's certainly good enough for Nebraska.

giphy.gif

True....and Nebraska has been so much better since they cut him loose.   Was obviously the right thing for them to do...:dunno:

You know though. Teams ran up some serious points on some of his Nebraska defenses.  I think a slight drop off from Aranda for what it is worth. Not a bad hire though.

4 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

You know though. Teams ran up some serious points on some of his Nebraska defenses.  I think a slight drop off from Aranda for what it is worth. Not a bad hire though.

His defenses were beast though when he was at LSU as the DC. Ranked 3rd all years in yards and 3/4/17 in points allowed. Given this is the last 2000's so offenses have changed and evolved.

Except Gus's! Ha .... beat all of you to it.

1 minute ago, Texan4Auburn said:

His defenses were beast though when he was at LSU as the DC. Ranked 3rd all years in yards and 3/4/17 in points allowed. Given this is the last 2000's so offenses have changed and evolved.

Except Gus's! Ha .... beat all of you to it.

You are right about that....however,  I think Steele is the better DC of the 2 imho. I guess we will find this out in late November.  I just do not see LSU being the team in 2020 that they were in 2019.  I think our offense is going to light it up in 2020 with Gus getting out of the way and letting Chad run the show. We could be the LSU in 2020. (that would be awesome for sure!)

16 hours ago, AU64 said:

True....and Nebraska has been so much better since they cut him loose.   Was obviously the right thing for them to do...:dunno:

I know you've so cleverly piggybacked my joke to prove a point but you're one of the ones satisfied with 4/5 losses per year so :dunno:.

Archived