Tajh Boyd: AU wins the west in 2020

GwillMac6

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Has he made an appointment to share this with Gus, yet? You know, heightened expectations and all? 

2 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Has he made an appointment to share this with Gus, yet? You know, heightened expectations and all? 

NOT YET!!! He is still in the process of obtaining his circle of trust pass from Gus for those top secret meetings for the offensive side of the ball!!! lol. 

rewrew.gif

He also predicted Nix to have 3800 yards passing and 35 TDs

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/in-chad-morris-we-trust-former-clemson-qb-tajh-boyd-predicts-huge-season-for-auburn-qb-bo-nix/

I dont know how to embed those things but that's the link to the tweet where he predicted 3800 yards and 35 TDs from Nix. 

That would have him hold the Auburn season record for passing and passing TDs.

I'm treating this like a Missouri mule, show me. He is referring to the same team that is replacing virtually the entire offensive line, two potential first round draftees off the defensive line, and are less than a month removed from being pushed all over the field by the Minnesota Golden Gophers. 

2 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/in-chad-morris-we-trust-former-clemson-qb-tajh-boyd-predicts-huge-season-for-auburn-qb-bo-nix/

We win the NC if this holds true 

13 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I agree. That would make for an incredible season. 

I guess, for Tajh’s prediction to come true, Bo’s accuracy would have to improve.  Bo will have to put in a lot of work this off season.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

I guess, for Tajh’s prediction to come true, Bo’s accuracy would have to improve.  Bo will have to put in a lot of work this off season.

It's not the amount of work. It's the right kind of work and having a QB developer running it

Just now, bigbird said:

It's not the amount of work. It's the right kind of work and having a QB developer running it

I totally agree, to get rid of the way you do something (throw) is more difficult than just putting in the time.  The work is more mental than physical. When learning something that requires a different procedure or technique, one regresses at first before he understands the concept and improves. That’s what I was referring to.

16 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Hope he's right. But how odd it is to think that such a successful season would still pale in comparison to what Joe Burrow did in 2019 at :LSU.  I'd be ecstatic with these numbers for Nix. I think another Joe Burrow season is like another Cam Newton season, AKA "a long time coming."

8 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

I think another Joe Burrow season is like another Cam Newton season, AKA "a long time coming."

A much larger debate than I expected went on in the general discourse about that topic immediately after the title game. And it was much closer to a 50/50 split than I expected. I see both sides of it. But when it comes to who lifted his team more, I'm voting for Cam every time. 

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

A much larger debate than I expected went on in the general discourse about that topic immediately after the title game. And it was much closer to a 50/50 split than I expected. I see both sides of it. But when it comes to who lifted his team more, I'm voting for Cam every time. 

In 3 years when we see gobs of Burrow's teammates playing on Sundays it will be a lot clearer to those who are falling victim to recency bias.

Just now, Tiger said:

In 3 years when we see gobs of Burrow's teammates playing on Sundays it will be a lot clearer to those who are falling victim to recency bias.

I hope so.

There are a lot of people who are genuinely incapable, though, of acknowledging or understanding any nuance whatsoever and cannot process any information other than pure stats. And not even deep stats. Plenty of people will stay locked into "Burrow more TDs, Burrow more gooder". 

PS- I'm not taking anything away from Burrow. That was sick. Like, I couldn't even hate LSU this season. It was truly a pleasure to watch their offense operate through him. 

21 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I don't think it's even debatable. 

Archived