All Things Violations Talk

Tiger

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FWIW people in the program are still confident we won't get heavy sanctions.

One Question begs to be asked then:

If people IN the program are confident, then have they SEEN the NOA, and therefore assume the allegations are not like the OSU ones, which would carry at least a 1 year post season ban, scholarship reductions, etc.? 

11 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

If people IN the program are confident, then have they SEEN the NOA

@steeleagle You know they have reportedly at least.

12 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

and therefore assume the allegations are not like the OSU ones

Can't be inferred since nobody is talking & we don't know what's in it.

14 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

at least a 1 year post season ban, scholarship reductions, etc.? 

All I can tell you ias that people in the program is not expecting anything like that & if they are we will lawyer up.

Also remember a Notice of Allogations is strictly that. It's not a sentencing from the NCAA.

34 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Can’t wait to deal with people outside the program inevitably questioning this if we don’t get hit. (Without bothering to learn about what our violations actually entail or our self-imposed sanctions...)

46 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

Can’t wait to deal with people outside the program inevitably questioning this if we don’t get hit. (Without bothering to learn about what our violations actually entail or our self-imposed sanctions...)

Are you asking what our violations & self imposed sanctions are?

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Are you asking what our violations & self imposed sanctions are?

No, sorry. I’m commenting on the fans of other programs and some national reporters who will make a big deal of things if Auburn isn’t hammered. The “Bruce cheatin” crowd is tiring. 

At the risk of redundancy, I don't see much difference between what OSU got hammered for and what Chuck Person did to Auburn. We didn't self-impose banning ourselves from the tournament. It'll be easier for the NCAA to give us the same treatment as OSU than for them to explain why they didn't. I'm hoping for the best but right now I expect the worst.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

At the risk of redundancy, I don't see much difference between what OSU got hammered for and what Chuck Person did to Auburn. We didn't self-impose banning ourselves from the tournament. It'll be easier for the NCAA to give us the same treatment as OSU than for them to explain why they didn't. I'm hoping for the best but right now I expect the worst.

In the case of OSU they suspended their player for 3 games one of ours was full season and another a season and a half. In addition we stopped recruiting for a significant amount of time. That should mitigate the penalty.  

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

In the case of OSU they suspended their player for 3 games one of ours was full season and another a season and a half. In addition we stopped recruiting for a significant amount of time. That should mitigate the penalty.  

I hope that is the case, but I think the NCAA will totally ignore a school's self policing, and say we duly note that said school did these self imposed penalties...BUT here are your additional sanctions...

And I thought I remember there was some blow-back for actually how we really did stop the recruiting. It seemed to be refuted and shown to be watered down. OFC that was my recollection of it...

12 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

And I thought I remember there was some blow-back for actually how we really did stop the recruiting. It seemed to be refuted and shown to be watered down. OFC that was my recollection of it...

The only blow back was from Pat Forde. He was being a nitpicking baby back witch. His opinion means nothing anyway.

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Interestingly the NCAA said OSU’s penalties were mitigated by their full cooperation. The penalty for this level of violation was 1-2 years postseason ban. 

55 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

Interestingly the NCAA said OSU’s penalties were mitigated by their full cooperation. The penalty for this level of violation was 1-2 years postseason ban. 

For what it’s worth the term full cooperation just means they didn’t hinder the NCAA’s investigation at all. It’s not really a statement on the self imposed sanctions they made.

Gotta love Pete Thamel: "And that’s the reason why Louisville, Kansas, Arizona, N.C. State, Auburn – especially Auburn, in this case – and all the others facing NCAA sanctions should be worried about how their cases play out." 

Love how for guys like Forde, Wolken, and Thamel, AU is their biggest focus. All of them have gone out of their way to try to paint a picture that AU is the biggest cheater of them all.

30 minutes ago, ellitor said:

For what it’s worth the term full cooperation just means they didn’t hinder the NCAA’s investigation at all. It’s not really a statement on the self imposed sanctions they made.

I definitely agree on the self imposed sanctions part, we did more than anybody by a longshot. However, after reading the statement by OSU, it’s even more ridiculous that they got a ban. It’s also good to see some of the bigger voices in college basketball bashing the NCAA for it

2 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Gotta love Pete Thamel: "And that’s the reason why Louisville, Kansas, Arizona, N.C. State, Auburn – especially Auburn, in this case – and all the others facing NCAA sanctions should be worried about how their cases play out." 

Love how for guys like Forde, Wolken, and Thamel, AU is their biggest focus. All of them have gone out of their way to try to paint a picture that AU is the biggest cheater of them all.

He is a entitled, arrogant, smug prick. His ass is still extremely chapped by 2010. He is BFF with Dan Mullen. O and he yelled at P Marsh at the 2019 Iron Bowl in the press box. What a effin a**hole.

2 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

I definitely agree on the self imposed sanctions part, we did more than anybody by a longshot. However, after reading the statement by OSU, it’s even more ridiculous that they got a ban. It’s also good to see some of the bigger voices in college basketball bashing the NCAA for it

Good for them. Go 🤠!

17 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

He is a entitled, arrogant, smug prick. His ass is still extremely chapped by 2010. He is BFF with Dan Mullen. O and he yelled at P Marsh at the 2019 Iron Bowl in the press box. What a effin a**hole.

I wish you stop beating around the bush and tell us what you think. 

3 hours ago, gr82be said:

I wish you stop beating around the bush and tell us what you think. 

Me to Forde, Wolken, and Thamel 

6C0968E4-CABC-4F66-88E8-1D603EC3B9A3.gif

8 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Gotta love Pete Thamel

Thamel, Forde and another weenie whose name I don't recall at the moment hate Auburn. This started long before the Cam fiasco. They already had mud on their faces and then they thought they would get even with the Cam deal but instead they got humiliated again. They will never forgive and forget. Happily, they don't matter at all.

13 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Whoa, what's the 2019 IB story?

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Whoa, what's the 2019 IB story?

Pmarsh and the other AU beat writers were talking in the press box after the iron bowl and Thamel was writing his story. He screamed at them could you please keep it down? I have a deadline.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Pmarsh and the other AU beat writers were talking in the press box after the iron bowl and Thamel was writing his story. He screamed at them could you please keep it down? I have a deadline.

I hope they dumped a bag of Golden Flakes on that sumbitch's head and PMarsh went full Jim Ross on him.

Jim Ross GIFs | Tenor

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Dude! Put on some head phones or ear plugs like the rest of the media after games while writing articles!

On 6/6/2020 at 12:03 PM, ellitor said:

Nothing more than what we self sanctioned. That is the word. We shall see.

7 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Nothing more than what we self sanctioned. That is the word. We shall see.

Sure hope so..................

Archived