All Things Violations Talk

Tiger

13 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Nothing more than what we self sanctioned. That is the word. We shall see.

Most thoughts I've seen recently are expecting a slap on the wrist but nothing more.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/6/2020 at 12:03 PM, ellitor said:

FWIW people in the program are still confident we won't get heavy sanctions.

if we do get sanctions does this mean the ncaa thinks we knew about coach and looked away? i mean how can you come down on a school when a coach goes rogue so to speak? i do not understand it. maybe they think coach pearl is guilty anyway even if there is not proof? do these guys not have the right to be innocent until proven guilty? i just do not get it.

25 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

if we do get sanctions does this mean the ncaa thinks we knew about coach and looked away?

Not necessarily.

26 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i mean how can you come down on a school when a coach goes rogue so to speak?

Ask Okie St. The NCAA does their own thing.

27 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i do not understand it. maybe they think coach pearl is guilty anyway even if there is not proof?

They don't need it. If they feel in their minds Bruce had a lack of institutional control they could come down hard without proof of Bruce knowing.

29 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

do these guys not have the right to be innocent until proven guilty?

It's the NCAA. Schools, especially non-blue bloods, never have.

So I watched The Scheme last night on HBO -- an inside look into this whole investigation. And in my personal opinion, this whole thing is absolute BS. The reason it happened, the fact it's happening, and how we got effing caught up in it, literally every piece of it from the NCAA part of it to the massive waste of tax payer funds to even set this BS sting operation up to how the dude who basically got the FBI all the info -- Christian Dawkins -- is the one being punished the most -- it's unbelievable.

AHEM, anyways....

IDK how Will Wade and Sean Miller aren't unhirable after watching that. It blows my freaking mind that they are still working for their respective schools..

I recommend all posters to give it a watch it's about 2 hours on the HBO apps.

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Does that mean only minor punishments beyond what we self sanctioned?

48 minutes ago, Kaiiu said:

Does that mean only minor punishments beyond what we self sanctioned?

Not how it reads so I am assuming no. lol

5 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

First off...

giphy.gif

but...

giphy.gif

This is the NCAA.

16 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

If that's the case (hopefully), then the NCAA and AU better have their PR skills well rehearsed.

16 hours ago, jared52 said:

First off...

giphy.gif

but...

giphy.gif

This is the NCAA.

Don't believe what? That people think what was self sanctioned will be enough for the NCAA? That is what folks AU thinks is going to happen.

12 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Don't believe what? That people think what was self sanctioned will be enough for the NCAA? That is what folks AU thinks is going to happen.

I think Jared is meaning by his gif that he doesn’t believe the opinions from the Auburn people within the program will turn out to be true. Not a knock on them or you. He just doesn’t trust the NCAA and justifiably so.

4 hours ago, slyinsocal said:

If that's the case (hopefully), then the NCAA and AU better have their PR skills well rehearsed.

Not necessary. Only worry about you and what you can control. Screw outside thoughts or opinions.

4 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Yeah @ellitor covered it. I don't trust that what the people in Auburn are hearing from the NCAA is valid. OSU had no clue what was coming, which to me says they were hearing one thing from the NCAA but something very different happened.

8 hours ago, jared52 said:

Yeah @ellitor covered it. I don't trust that what the people in Auburn are hearing from the NCAA is valid. OSU had no clue what was coming, which to me says they were hearing one thing from the NCAA but something very different happened.

To be fair though Oklahoma State never took anywhere near the self implemented sanctions we have and they don’t have someone like Rich McGynn who worked for the NCAA compliance before he came to Auburn. We have a much better chance of getting out of this with only a slap on the wrist than Oklahoma State did.

19 hours ago, jared52 said:

I agree. But this is AU compliance thinking nothing more. I'm sure they have some "friends" in the NCAA who they talk to. We shall see.

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I agree. But this is AU compliance thinking nothing more. I'm sure they have some "friends" in the NCAA who they talk to. We shall see.

I hope our compliance department is correct. I'm expecting a fight to come but hoping for the best 

If we somehow make it through this. I know it may be inappropriate but at this point idc 😂. Btw I made it myself . Ps: mods I understand if you need to remove this, just had to

22B8CC10-8143-4159-9E58-C365558C176D.jpeg

13 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

tenor.gif

58 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

If we somehow make it through this. I know it may be inappropriate but at this point idc 😂. Btw I made it myself . Ps: mods I understand if you need to remove this, just had to

22B8CC10-8143-4159-9E58-C365558C176D.jpeg

Is this somehow referencing coach pearl going number two to the bathroom? Even if it is I don’t get the meme

Not sure if it's on point or his sky is falling personality shining though again but here's what Hooks just said...

very likely we are going to get a post season ban on top of other things which is beyond ********* and it all is because of Chuck Person.

With the actions the NCAA took with Ok St there is an uncomfortably high chance all we did right will not matter in the eyes of the NCAA.

With that being said there are a few things that are different in our case verses theirs.

1. We did not hire an assistant who had known issues before.

2. We moved swiftly not only to fire Chuck but also took the most extraordinary step of sitting two kids right away.

These two steps are different in the case than OK St.

Will it be enough? The NCAA clearly wants blood in this matter. Also, will they hammer us due to the short time our former President made CBP look like he was not cooperative? Will it matter that when that happened it was a self inflicted look from our former worthless President?

IMHO Auburn handled this as best as humanly possible and should be held up to other institutions as an example of how you SHOULD hand things like this.

Hard to say as of today but IMHO we will most likely not escape Chucks sins unscathed.

We will not know most likely for awhile as we look to be one of the last cases they will deal with.

25 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not sure if it's on point or his sky is falling personality shining though again but here's what Hooks just said...

I'll be shocked if they do not hit us with a postseason ban after they hit Okie St. with one for the same infractions. You can talk until you are blue in the face about everything we did to make it right but i don't know that cooperation with NCAA has ever worked out well for a school. The NCAA says it does but i think that is just lip service to make their job easier when investigating other schools. 

But given the lay of the land where the NCAA is ran by Saban's buddy, Pearl has a past show cause, and a history of AU getting hammered over pretty minor stuff by the NCAA and you do not have a recipe of AU getting off easy. 

Also the long delay on the investigation also points to me that NCAA is dragging this out unnecessarily and the reason to do that is to hurt the school under investigation. The whole dark cloud deal. We've known and admitted for what 3 years now what happened with Chuck so there really is not anything to investigate at this point and hasn't been since Person went to Prison. Fingers crossed but i'd advise all AU basketball fans to prepare themselves for bad news coming down the road. 

One thing that could help us though is Okie St. going through arbitration on their penalties and getting them reduced. If that happens before AU hears our penalties then NCAA may pull back a bit to avoid the expense of arbitration and having their ruling over turned. 

48 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I'll be shocked if they do not hit us with a postseason ban after they hit Okie St. with one for the same infractions. You can talk until you are blue in the face about everything we did to make it right but i don't know that cooperation with NCAA has ever worked out well for a school. The NCAA says it does but i think that is just lip service to make their job easier when investigating other schools. 

But given the lay of the land where the NCAA is ran by Saban's buddy, Pearl has a past show cause, and a history of AU getting hammered over pretty minor stuff by the NCAA and you do not have a recipe of AU getting off easy. 

Also the long delay on the investigation also points to me that NCAA is dragging this out unnecessarily and the reason to do that is to hurt the school under investigation. The whole dark cloud deal. We've known and admitted for what 3 years now what happened with Chuck so there really is not anything to investigate at this point and hasn't been since Person went to Prison. Fingers crossed but i'd advise all AU basketball fans to prepare themselves for bad news coming down the road. 

One thing that could help us though is Okie St. going through arbitration on their penalties and getting them reduced. If that happens before AU hears our penalties then NCAA may pull back a bit to avoid the expense of arbitration and having their ruling over turned. 

Spot on. 

That is exactly how I addressed it on another post. 

One caveat, not to burst your silver lining comment is that unfortunately the appeal group that has never been used before, is still under the umbrella of the NCAA. Do you think the NCAA would look good, if the appeal group changed their ruling? No. They put that appeal process in just to look good. I guess we are going to find out.

The problem is this is probably all going to happen during the basketball season. Oh what fun...

On 6/9/2020 at 2:50 AM, slyinsocal said:

Why would AU give a damn?

Archived