All Things Violations Talk

Tiger

It's getting even more ugly, rumor has it Will Wade wasn't forthcoming with the LSU Admin/Compliance, lied and withheld damaging information.  They had no choice but to suspend him.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Doubt something like that happens within a week.

I'm indifferent to what they vote since it has no impact on post season selection. Would be more telling if the NCAA selection committee leaves them off the bracket next Sunday.

That is why I said "personally"   and not that  "I think" it is gonna happen.

If voters drop them it kinda pushes the hand of the NCAA in the court of public opinion, so most people wouldn't be indifferent like you.

5 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

If voters drop them it kinda pushes the hand of the NCAA in the court of public opinion, so most people wouldn't be indifferent like you.

Public opinion does not & never has mattered to any NCAA selection committee. To be crystal clear 'm not indifferent about the situation. I am indifferent about voters votes affecting the selection committee given they never have Since the field went to 64 teams, & maybe the 48 expansion as well. If the selection committed chooses to leave LSU out they will do so at their own accord of making a statement & not influenced by voters.

I’ll just hate for LSU to go down the tubes in BB? Hope they get slammed!!!

1 hour ago, JFDTiger80 said:

I’ll just hate for LSU to go down the tubes in BB? Hope they get slammed!!!

Just day #1....can't imagine that this is not going to go further....playing an "ineligible". player all season....all games forfeited?      Seems that is the logical progression for this mess.   

NCAA has it's problems.....and moving promptly is not their style....but I'm guessing LSU will do what it can to limit the likely damage.....and might as well begin by sitting Smart....though at this point perhaps, what is one more forfeited game? 

3 minutes ago, penguin149 said:

Can Vandy get their first SEC win of the season?!

If we lose tomorrow they better. I want to be matched up on whatever side of the bracket LSU is on.

Wade is suspended, but I really don't see that affecting seeding or even performance in the NCAA tourney. Nothing will happen unless the NCAA steps in and actually finds recruiting violations, and THEN **retroactively** vacates games. This is just like the Freeze Ole Miss crap. MAYBE the NCAA will step in and discipline the university, and MAYBE there will be some games vacated.

But in reality, that is far in the future, and for now, LSU will play on as if nothing has happened. IMO, this suspension will have no effect on LSU performance in the SEC or NCAA tourneys, except maybe inspiring trhe team to play even more tenaciously in honor of their beloved coach Wade!

48 minutes ago, AURex said:

except maybe inspiring trhe team to play even more tenaciously in honor of their beloved coach Wade

That is definitely possible but it’s also just as possible they play underwhelming without him. He’s not just a great recruiter in terms of playing the game. He’s also a pretty good coach on the court. LSU is a very talented team no doubt but I will always take my chances on playing a team without their general as opposed to with their general.

With that being said LSU could have a huge advantage anyway. If we beat Tennessee tomorrow Carolina will still likely beat Georgia. If we get to LSU that will be our third game in three days as opposed to their first.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Public opinion does not & never has mattered to any NCAA selection committee. To be crystal clear 'm not indifferent about the situation. I am indifferent about voters votes affecting the selection committee given they never have Since the field went to 64 teams, & maybe the 48 expansion as well. If the selection committed chooses to leave LSU out they will do so at their own accord of making a statement & not influenced by voters.

Sorry, didn't know that you are on the committee and know how they discuss things.   Also amazed that you can read people's minds in the future on the reasons that they may make a statement.   

10 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Sorry, didn't know that you are on the committee and know how they discuss things.   Also amazed that you can read people's minds in the future on the reasons that they may make a statement.   

No need for the sarcasm & I apologize if I got under your skin. Just giving historical reality based on outcomes in the past. Now if that changes here with the committee making an ultimate decision based on public opinion then I will be the 1st to say I was wrong & give you kudos. However, given history, I'll believe it when I see it...much like something Gus says in a presser actually panning out on the field.

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

That is definitely possible but it’s also just as possible they play underwhelming without him. He’s not just a great recruiter in terms of playing the game. He’s also a pretty good coach on the court. LSU is a very talented team no doubt but I will always take my chances on playing a team without their general as opposed to with their general.

With that being said LSU could have a huge advantage anyway. If we beat Tennessee tomorrow Carolina will still likely beat Georgia. If we get to LSU that will be our third game in three days as opposed to their first.

you know, > IF < it were to work out like that, it could actually work in our favor....LSU is being pelted right now, and the players know its all true, so they might not be focused....on the other hand, it might make them mad

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

No need for the sarcasm & I apologize if I got under your skin. Just giving historical reality based on outcomes in the past. Now if that changes here with the committee making an ultimate decision based on public opinion then I will be the 1st to say I was wrong & give you kudos. However, given history, I'll believe it when I see it...much like something Gus says in a presser actually panning out on the field.

It is all good.  This a unique situation, with having the FBI involved and the modern era of social media.

3 hours ago, auburnphan said:

It is all good.  This a unique situation, with having the FBI involved and the modern era of social media.

Plus the social media has become the gauge of what is acceptable in the public eye.  

JMO but NCAA can't have all this stuff being blogged, tweeted and Face Booked all over the country and pretend it does not know what's going on.  For years we've discussed the fact that NCAA is not the same as court of law....and there is no "due process" involved.    Plus the FBI has helped the NCAA overcome one of it's biggest problems which is getting actual evidence about the miss-deeds.  

Again, JMO but a few years ago a coach like Wade could say "I have no idea what they are talking about"....and pretty much get away with it. Now, when the whole country gets an FBI transcript or hears a taped conversation,  you look silly trying to deny it. 

See that Smart will not play tonight.....but they are playing Vandy and doubt that he or the coach sitting out the game will matter. 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

See that Smart will not play tonight.....but they are playing Vandy and doubt that he or the coach sitting out the game will matter. 

Not so sure Vandy can give you a game example their game against UT but I would not bet on Vandy to even beat the spread ATM

59 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Not so sure Vandy can give you a game example their game against UT but I would not bet on Vandy to even beat the spread ATM

probably if you take them lightly you can get a contest.....would be interesting to be in the locker room to  hear the pre-game discussion for this game....knowing that it's possible that all wins could be taken away. 

The turmoil seems not to have bothered the remainder of the LSU basketball team....they are killing the hapless commodores...70-45

4 hours ago, AU64 said:

The turmoil seems not to have bothered the remainder of the LSU basketball team....they are killing the hapless commodores...70-45

It's Vandy. Can't read anything into it.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

It's Vandy. Can't read anything into it.

And at LSU....

so do the penalties run for SEC tournament?

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

so do the penalties run for SEC tournament?

All we know now is LSU announced indefinitely. So it could go on or be lifted at any point.

22 hours ago, ellitor said:

All we know now is LSU announced indefinitely. So it could go on or be lifted at any point.

Ball is in the NCAA's court so to speak now.....they have about a week to act....or not act.   

I'm guessing that LSU will be in the tournament with a 2 seed, even with this hanging over their heads....but coach and player still suspended. :dunno: 

On 3/9/2019 at 7:14 AM, alexava said:

Nasty business!

They' re just barely scratching the surface of the dirty underbelly of college basketball recruiting.  Anyone and everyone associated with recruiting from the AAU circuit has dirt on their hands.  AAU was created long ago as a way to funnel $$ to kids, parents, AAU coaches.  Then when you add in the random start-ups all across the county where guys just create a league or team to showcase high school talent it gets even uglier.  At the end of the day, the adults involved in AAU leagues and other programs weren't doing out of the goodness of their hearts, for the kids.  They were getting cold, hard cash from someone - otherwise it wouldn't have been worth their time and effort.

Archived