All Things Violations Talk

Tiger

41 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Frustrating that hard evidence like this and nothing happens.  

Yep. Nothing will happen here. But wait for the AU punishment...

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Yep. Nothing will happen here. But wait for the AU punishment...

Exactly. It's hard for a strong a$$ offer to compete with a potential backyard BBQ that they think Bruce might try again. Ridiculous. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • ellitor changed the title to All Things Will Wade
41 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Woo hoo

• 2 months later...
29 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Can't wait to see what little they find

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

Can't wait to see what little they find

Ha they will never get me.....err I mean those cheating bastards!

The interesting one for me will be Kansas cause they are blue blood. Hoping SI guy is wrong also in his belief one of these letters will be heading to Auburn.

• ellitor changed the title to All Things Will Wade & LSU Violations
7 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Hoping SI guy is wrong also in his belief one of these letters will be heading to Auburn.

@Texan4Auburn He's not. Talk on paid boards is we got our NOA a good ways back.

yeah it was never a question on if Auburn would get one. We had an assistant pay players and admitted to it. The only question for Auburn is whether the penalties already imposed will be enough to satisfy the NCAA. 

55 minutes ago, gravejd said:

yeah it was never a question on if Auburn would get one. We had an assistant pay players and admitted to it. The only question for Auburn is whether the penalties already imposed will be enough to satisfy the NCAA. 

We're the only school that self imposed anything, so hopefully that counts for something.  The other schools basically gave the NCAA the middle finger.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

@Texan4Auburn He's not. Talk on paid boards is we got our NOA a good ways back.

It's still amazing that no one inside Auburn has leaked that out with more details. In the past, it was like the WH when it came to leaks within the Auburn Family. 

34 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

It's still amazing that no one inside Auburn has leaked that out with more details.

Not really. We have McGynn & Dideon & NCAA stuff isn't & hasn't been leaked under their watch at AU.

Hopefully in the NCAA's eyes our self imposed penalties aren't offset by us not officially announcing we got the letter.

Either way, with Zion having to testify under oath about benefits at Duke and some of this starting to leak into college football the NCAA is going to be verrrry busy. What can they even do when it's exposed that 90% of the schools are playing in a sketchy gray area?

Either way, this is a strong ass thread

Not LSU, but, they did it for this: 

“The committee continued that the group agreed that the advisors would pay the former associate head coach approximately $2,000 per month in exchange for using his position to influence student-athletes to retain the advisors’ services when they entered the NBA.”

It is mind boggling to me that coaches actually paying kids to come play for them, and caught on tape offering it gets you a slap on the wrist. But a coach getting money to convince kids to keep an advisors services when they go to the NBA gets you a post season ban. Makes no sense to me.

This is bad news for us IMO

*if I'm understanding what okie state did

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

@Tiger How? We had much harsher self imposed penalties than anyone, including Okie St.

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

*if I'm understanding what okie state did

Yep sounds similar in a way to Person. Funny how the thing that was always  the biggest concern for the NCAA (pay to play) has fallen to the wayside and they rather punish schools for “this”

Just now, ellitor said:

@Tiger How? We had much harsher self imposed penalties than anyone, including Okie St.

I think he’s just saying that it sounds similar to what person did, in a way. Given they are doing that this quick to okie state and letting all these other schools just skate by. Just gives you a bad feeling. That’s all

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

I was just about to ask about what Okie State did in regards to preemptively penalizing themselves, but really as Maverick said above our stories are kind of similar rather than the LSU/Kansas/Duke/Arizona storylines which are more paying for commitments

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I think he’s just saying that it sounds similar to what person did, in a way. Given they are doing that this quick to okie state and letting all these other schools just skate by. Just gives you a bad feeling. That’s all

Exactly bro

4 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Given they are doing that this quick to okie state and letting all these other schools just skate by. Just gives you a bad feeling.

I don't understand this sentence. To me it hasn't been quick for any school including Okie St. And what schools have had a final decision from the NCAA that let them skate by? Genuine question. I litterally don't keep up with any school not named AU.

Just now, ellitor said:

I don't understand this sentence. To me it hasn't been quick for any school including Okie St. And what schools have had a final decision from the NCAA that let them skate by?

The fact that the first decision they make is okie state over “this” is what I meant. Nothing on LSU, Arizona etc. Just pretty stupid imo to ban a school for doing what okie state did vs actually paying/offering money to an athlete to come to your school.

Archived