most players in the XFL

AUght2win

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • WarTiger changed the title to most players in the XFL
1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I mean that's great but I highly doubt anyone's goal when signing with Auburn is to make it to the XFL.

Nobody said it was the goal. All OP said was support the guys. Most of those guys were in the NFL and didn’t get it done. Hopefully they ball out here and get that second chance in the NFL

I mean that's great but I highly doubt anyone's goal when signing with Auburn is to make it to the XFL.

That was my first thought too but then I thought at least they're continuing to play the game they love and make a little money while doing it. Who knows, a fortunate few from this league might still make it. 

I'm gonna cringe into a fetal position if that is tweeted by an AU official account.  Glad some guys found a way to get paid to play a sport they love though.

10 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Hmm........ it's almost as if I never remotely said anything of the sort. Peculiar. 

14 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Support our boys!

FB_IMG_1580421414059.jpg

I might try to catch a few games, know which AU players are where?

The xfl from ... 20? years ago never grabbed my attention, they stopped a game once for a 'dance off' and I left the room and never came back.

14 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

I might try to catch a few games, know which AU players are where?

Dallas Renegades:
Cameron Artis-Payne
Darius James

New York Guardians:
Avery Young

Houston Roughnecks:
Sammie Coates
Gabe Wright

St. Louis BattleHawks:
Davonte Lambert
Trovon Reed
Ryan White

Tampa Bay Vipers:
Ryan Davis

L.A. Wildcats:
Tre Williams

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/xfl-rosters-2020-here-are-the-52-man-rosters-for-all-eight-teams/gdlifutwxnsv1x41iejvex9h1

4 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Hmm........ it's almost as if I never remotely said anything of the sort. Peculiar. 

The thread title is a little misleading but the OP makes the point clear.

No, we don't have to celebrate Auburn having the most XFL guys. Yes, we should celebrate these guys getting to continue their football careers and root for them to have success. 

Also, it seems like petty, willful ignorance to completely write off the XFL at this stage. Yes, these leagues rarely succeed. No, it's not the NFL or NCAA. And Taco Bell isn't real Mexican food. Who cares. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

No, we don't have to celebrate Auburn having the most XFL guys. Yes, we should celebrate these guys getting to continue their football careers and root for them to have success. 

Also, it seems like petty, willful ignorance to completely write off the XFL at this stage. Yes, these leagues rarely succeed. No, it's not the NFL or NCAA. And Taco Bell isn't real Mexican food. Who cares. 

WAIT. A. MINUTE.

Taco Bell isn’t real Mexican? WTH? 

E07AD0C3-B3F8-4E7F-810E-0125F9AD31CF.gif

13 hours ago, gr82be said:

That was my first thought too but then I thought at least they're continuing to play the game they love and make a little money while doing it. Who knows, a fortunate few from this league might still make it. 

I mean I didnt say it's a bad thing. And I started my comment off with "that is great" so it's not like I'm bashing them by ANY means... 

I'm just not so sure that's something we really wanna brag about... 

1 minute ago, fredst said:

WAIT. A. MINUTE.

Taco Bell isn’t real Mexican? WTH? 

E07AD0C3-B3F8-4E7F-810E-0125F9AD31CF.gif

Mr. Fred. You are my brother from another mother, and I am going to tell you why. I saw the little notification that you had responded to my post, and I immediately knew the thrust of your response. I knew the joke you were going to make. Like dolphins, my sonar picked up squeaks you emitted miles away from the bottom of the ocean. BUT YOU THREW A CURVEBALL ON THE GIF. I was expecting a heater right down the pipe, but you outsmarted my trash can sound buzzer. Well played, fam, WELL PLAYED.

And now, a Friday e-hug to you, @GwillMac6 and @ellitor:

Image result for it's real to me gif"

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It's also not the WWF this time around either.  I'm gonna check it out and see if it'll entertain me.

Just now, dyehardfanAU said:

It's also not the WWF this time around either.  I'm gonna check it out and see if it'll entertain me.

Exactly. They tried this before and it failed. Vince McMahon is an egomaniacal jackass but we all know that because he's also a very smart, very entertainment savvy jackass. And he is armed with the rare advantage of having already tried some things that worked and some things that didn't. 

I was at the first Bham XFL game, when Legion Field ran out of beer and people literally rioted in the concourses. That incarnation of the league was obviously a catastrophe. And yet, there isn't a football fan alive who doesn't remember He Hate Me. 

But yeah sure... it's being willfully ignorant just writing off this league that hasn't even started yet. 

I'm sure it was willful ignorance for anyone to write off the:

Alliance of American Football, Fall Experimental Football League, United Football League, World League of American Football, NFL Europe, United States Football League, World Football League, World American Football League, All-American Football Conference, the Arena League (the current is entirely different from the original that died in 2008,) AFL2, Continental Football League, Indoor Football League, Indoor Professional Football League, Professional Indoor Football League, Professional Spring Football League, Worlds Football League, AND (HOW CAN WE FORGET) XFL1.0

I'm not writing off the league just yet. I even gave the Alliance a shot. But Vince McMahon has already tried this once and it failed miserably...

In fact EVERY SINGLE league that tried to exist have all failed. Every single one. So forgive me if I dont have the highest of faith that a professional wrestling guru who has already tried and failed to start a football league, can make another one work.

So we have the man who is behind this XFL... He has already tried and failed to run a football league. That's one mark against the league...then we have the fact that every other professional league that has ever started has failed which is another...

I guess the XFL2.0 COULD work long term.... but at the same time, Gus Malzahn COULD wake up tomorrow and turn into a mix of Saban, Dabo, Urban Meyer, and Pete Carroll... and one is just as likely as the other.

8 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

But yeah sure... it's being willfully ignorant just writing off this league that hasn't even started yet. 

I'm sure it was willful ignorance for anyone to write off the:

Alliance of American Football, Fall Experimental Football League, United Football League, World League of American Football, NFL Europe, United States Football League, World Football League, World American Football League, All-American Football Conference, the Arena League (the current is entirely different from the original that died in 2008,) AFL2, Continental Football League, Indoor Football League, Indoor Professional Football League, Professional Indoor Football League, Professional Spring Football League, World Football League, AND (HOW CAN WE FORGET) XFL1.0

I'm not writing off the league just yet. I even gave the Alliance a shot. But Vince McMahon has already tried this once and it failed miserably...

In fact EVERY SINGLE league that tried to exist have all failed. Every single one. So forgive me if I dont have the highest of faith that a professional wrestling guru who has already tried and failed to start a football league, can make another one work.

So we have the man who is behind this XFL... He has already tried and failed to run a football league. That's one mark against the league...then we have the fact that every other professional league that has ever started has failed which is another...

I guess the XFL2.0 COULD work long term.... but at the same time, Gus Malzahn COULD wake up tomorrow and turn into a mix of Saban, Dabo, Urban Meyer, and Pete Carroll... and one is just as likely as the other.

..... I bet you are awesome to have at parties.

As an Auburn fan I'm happy that some of our guys have a opportunity to play for pay in any capacity. As a football fan I just can't get excited about a league with so many rule differences from the game I love. Safety changes are welcomed but that's really all the change I want to see. Just reading some of the rules I can tell you that fans will be confused as heck for a while. That's why these types of leagues fail, I don't think anyone wants to watch a different game, they just want the football they know and love. At least that's my preference. 

1 hour ago, dyehardfanAU said:

As long as it’s entertaining and has a semblance of order,

I will be excited to see football. Vince seems to have placed true football business men in the lead this go around. 

Opinion: I'm not into alternate leagues as history & tradition are a HUGE part of the appeal to me.  However, I usually give them a try at the beginning, at least....just in case.  But with no emotional ties to any team (nor league) due to no historical significance or pleasant memories, they just turn out to be off-season scrimmages when I'm emotionally invested in the "correct" seasonal sports.  That's why Fall or Winter league baseball has no TV following or these Instructional basketball leagues, etc.  The only true year-round sport that maintains TV viewership (that I can think of) is golf....and that's only because it has it's own channel.

Question:  Is this actually tied to the NFL, like the WLAF (sorta like a minor-league) or it's own, separate, entity, like the USFL or original XFL?  Just curious if the players get any support from the NFL for this.  Seems like in the WLAF days, players were actually part of NFL teams (practice squads, etc) and were sent to WLAF teams, like a minor league.

Archived