Quoting CTT.....

au.tiger.96

QUOTING AUBURN HEAD COACH TOMMY TUBERVILLE

“We had opportunities.  They whipped us pretty good up front on the defensive line and offensive line for the first three quarters.  They gave us a chance in the fourth quarter, but we didn’t take advantage. The difference in the game was third-down conversions.  It was a good football game, we just have to come back and re-group.”

(On WR Ben Obomanu’s dropped TD pass)

“He made a heck of a run to get us down there.  He gave us a chance.  It was kind of a broken pattern on the next to last one.  If it weren’t for him, we wouldn’t have been down there.  Somebody else needs to step up and make a play.”

(On the final two plays from the 3-yard line) 

“We decided to sprint out and from the 3-yard line you should be able to find somebody open.  Jason did a good job.” 

“I felt if we kept them to 24 points, we would win the game.  There first two touchdowns were third down conversions.  The difference in the game was third down conversions.  They did a better job converting on third-down conversions.” 

(On Auburn’s missed field goal)

“You have to make those.  We could have kicked one at the end instead of having to go for it.  It would have been an extra point to win the game.  We have struggled all year long in the kicking game.  We have two field goal kickers and need someone to step up.”

(Are you disappointed on not being able to the SEC Championship?)

“It’s disappointing.  This group fought hard and worked hard.  We ran out of gas.  When you play a schedule like ours, you are going to lose some games.  In the third quarter we kind of lost it but picked it back up.  We played hard.”

WHAT??!! I don't even hear Shula using this one.

I don't think he made any excuses in that statement. He said we played a tough schedule, and I agree with that. Any SEC schedule is hard, and when you tack on USC as an opener it isn't any easier. Granted GT isn't exactly a powerhouse, but they are a much tougher opponent than alot of other schools schedule.

I don't see too many excuses.. but it is the same stuff we hear every week when we suffer a disappointing loss. I have no problem with losing to USC, LSU(teams with as much or more talent) but when we lose to OM and Ga. Tech(teams with a LOT less talent) that's when I get upset. And it's also a pretty good sign that our coaches are failing us.

For Tuberville to make this right, once he has hired his new hotshot OC, and signed a Top 10 recruiting class come February, he is going to have to tour the State and region explaining how he is going make things better and prevent another underacheiving season like this one...

Chizik spoke last year down here in PC, and what most people wanted to hear was how another Arkansas was going to be prevented. Tuberville will have his hands full at each Club meeting explaining this season...

With the way our season is turning out, I wouldn't be surprised to see our recruiting feel the affects also. A top 10 recruiting class would be amazing after this season.

Yeah, unfortunately, these aren't so much "excuses" as cold, hard facts....

But the line "Someone else needs to step up and make a play" sounds a little like passing the buck.

That "somebody needs to step up" crap is what he says every time, and it's beginning to wear a little thin. He's really good at blaming the players. That's not something I expect or will accept from an Auburn head coach. You don't blame an 18-19-20 year old for your own incompetence. The man has no class.

The one about somebody else stepping up and making a play just ticks me off....the guy was alone wide open in the endzone...Campbell throws the ball right in his hands...and well you all know the rest...there was no one else that could have made that play but him.....it should have been "WE NEED TO MAKE THOSE KIND OF PLAYS" :angry:

WDE!!

Karen :au:

And enough already with the single back, backfield...

Right on karen. If brandon johnson wasn't hurt (which i think he may have been) there was no reason for that to happen soooooooo often.

As for the game, I'll say this..All of you complainers that have moaned about having a balanced offense and throwing the ball all year, you got your wish. Look how that turned out.....20 stinking points, 20 against a team that we should have hung 45+ on. The SEC's leading rusher had less than 20 carries. You think if the offense would have been more run-oriented yesterday, Williams may have made a much larger difference. The answer is YES.

What we watched yesterday was what you people have been calling for all year. Maybe now you have learned. We are a running team with running personnel. RUN THE BALL!!!!!!!!!

I am in the minority at the moment (I think). I watched what I thought was a well coached game yesterday with one exception. CW was red hot and we rotate RB in the game. I would have left CW in until he cooled off and I'm not sure he would have.

The defense looked great (with a few exceptions) and JC impressed me for the 1st time ever. The call to pass on 3rd down with 3 to go was stunning but I think the coaches thought Ole Miss thought we'd never pass there. The 4th down play was fine with me too. Jeris and Ben both got their hands on those balls. Yost missed a chip shot... such is life.

The pressure is now off and we can start gameplanning for UAT. Georgia will be ultra-ready for us and that one will be tough-tough-tough.

I almost think another loss would end CTT as our coach... we'll have to see this thing through and hope we pull it out.

Labatt Blue Light (cold please) bammanmr. We're near the AU athletic complex. I'll give you my cell phone number next week.

I will have to deliver it to wherever you are friday night if that's ok, barner.

Some folks have backed out of our tailgate for the bammer game and I am going to have to be the responsible one to get there early, set everything up, and cook. Booooooo.

I bow to the knowledge of the great one. All hail barner!

Archived