Men vs UK Game Thread

Maverick.AU

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, KINGSOFSEC said:

Go play football you are good at that 

Can you tell us how the Final Four was last year?  Would love to hear about your experience in Minneapolis.  Seems like it would have been awesome.  Wish we could have gotten that fortunate.

13 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I told some friends this tonight.  As a long time AU hoops lover, it's incredibly weird to play Kentucky in basketball and not be completely shocked when we win.

Damn this is fun.

I was shocked the first time with that AWFUL Kareem Canty team. I was shocked tonight. Even at home I did not think we had it in us. We just do not have good shooters. Our guard play is very lacking. Though Samir BROUGHT IT TONIGHT! I WAS SHOCKED when we lost to them at home last year! lol. But the other times we beat them?? Not shocked!!! Def co sign this fam.

LET EM KNOW FLASH! 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I was shocked the first time with that AWFUL Kareem Canty team. I was shocked tonight. Even at home I did not think we had it in us. We just do not have good shooters. Our guard play is very lacking. Though Samir BROUGHT IT TONIGHT! I WAS SHOCKED when we lost to them at home last year! lol. But the other times we beat them?? Not shocked!!! Def co sign this fam.

I actually halfway expected to win tonight.  Our home court advantage is real.  We're something like 42-3 recently at home.  We also play good enough defense and get to the line enough to overcome shooting droughts most nights.  Not sold UK is fantastic this year.  They're solid, but won't be better than a 3-4 seed in the tournament.  On the flip side, I do expect to lose at Rupp in a few weeks.

But yeah, when that Canty team won, I was floored LOL

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I actually halfway expected to win tonight.  Our home court advantage is real.  We're something like 42-3 recently at home.  We also play good enough defense and get to the line enough to overcome shooting droughts most nights.  Not sold UK is fantastic this year.  They're solid, but won't be better than a 3-4 seed in the tournament.  On the flip side, I do expect to lose at Rupp in a few weeks.

But yeah, when that Canty team won, I was floored LOL

I would not be suprised if we lost by 20 plus on the road to them at Rupp. That is the next phase of this journey. winning at places we have not won at in decades. I.E. Rupp and the O Dome in G'Ville.

I think today is the most important day in auburn basketball Regular season history. JG appears enamored with us and we seem to just have the recipe for our working Kentucky. One shot from being 3-1 against them in the past 4. 

THEEEEEEEEEEESE are the important stats right here!!!! lmao.

*PROFUSELY KNOCKS ON WOOD!!!*

“Oh, and Auburn held another opponent below its scoring average. That's happened in every game this season.“

I still think we could improve in terms of 3 pt shooting defense but it’s hard to deny that what we’re doing just seems to work. Even if they can improve, this is a championship caliber defense and certainly not an aspect that NEEDS to improve if we’re to take that next step. 

Ive been watching it repeatedly, when Bruce says “we’re a top 25 basketball program”, he doesn’t throw that around lightly. This team may lack shooting talent, experience, etc, but they have heart and Bruce feeds them.

Very happy to come away with this W. Auburn is the team that can't shoot straight. 35% from the field, 26% from outside. UK shot better. Won it with free throws (Doughty 14 of 15 at the line!).

Cal was subtle in his criticism of the referees. I think the game at Rupp will be a tough one.

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Dang that looks like so much fun....being 2000 miles away stinks. Would love to be in this environment, even at my old age, I would be rockin the AU BB team right along with the student section😬

14 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

And what exactly is KY good at these days? 

It's a great lubricant for what Kentucky basketball experienced last night.

Anyone see Calipari’s post game comments?? He big time threw his players under the bus.  He is the antithesis of Pearl. Even when Pearl criticizes a player’s performance, he does it in a more constructive way (and yeah, I’m biased. Love Pearl and can’t stand Calipari and his arrogance)

11 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Ive been watching it repeatedly, when Bruce says “we’re a top 25 basketball program”, he doesn’t throw that around lightly. This team may lack shooting talent, experience, etc, but they have heart and Bruce feeds them.

Key word there is "program".  

Recruiting continuously.

Watching the replay and I just cannot get over Issac Okoro. This guy is going to be the best pro out of AU since Charles Barkley. 

33 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Watching the replay and I just cannot get over Issac Okoro. This guy is going to be the best pro out of AU since Charles Barkley. 

Or maybe since Chuma Okeke. I hope he is just the next in a long line. War Damn Okoro!

Archived