Rush Limbaugh has advanced lung cancer

AUDub

Personally can't stand the dude and what he's done to our political discourse, but this is a horrible way to die that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

So I'll just say best of luck to him going forward.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This calls for a tribute:

http://www.msnbc.com/politicsnation/rush-limbaughs-most-outrageous-moments-25

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/bone-voyage/

https://www.liveabout.com/rush-limbaugh-quotes-2734660

I'm with Dub, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy, but I can't overlook how he made his money - pandering to the worst elements of human nature - racism, misogyny, homophobia, xenophobia and just plain old irrational hate.

Presumably, along with God, I'll be looking for some sort of redemptive confession before I can wish him well.

Never been a big Rush fan myself, but I feel for him and his loved ones.  I watched my own Father struggle with lung cancer for 9 long months before he passed away way too early. It is indeed a devastating disease and a sad future for the Limbaugh family.

• 8 months later...

Well it doesn't sound like Rush will be with us too much longer. 

• 3 months later...

As much damage as the man did to this nation, i pray for his family’s peace. But as to the man’s legacy, we will be paying for his demagoguery for decades. His damage to America is unimaginable. 

Sorry for the loss to his family and close friends. Amazing of him to continue doing what he did this past year and with a degree of routine normalcy. Had to be tough knowing what was soon coming.

"Just another dead doper and dirtbag." Rush Limbaugh on the death of Jerry Garcia

If only he hadn't spent the next three decades being even more aggressively and intentionally awful than *that*. Good riddance and lol at the pearl clutching. 

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

As much damage as the man did to this nation, i pray for his family’s peace. But as to the man’s legacy, we will be paying for his demagoguery for decades. His damage to America is unimaginable. 

i agree. i think him and newt both hurt this country and enabled folks like hannity to spew their lies to a gullible base.

I will never forget living in Atlanta during  the 90's as my community and my friends lost loved ones to a raging AIDS epidemic. As painful as it was, we also endured Sorry human Beings like Rush Limbaugh that actually celebrated on air the deaths of gay men. Today i have zero compassion for him. I hope his death was painful. and I hope that those that he mocked in their suffering, now hold the keys of entry to the golden gates of Heaven. maybe they will be more merciful than he ever was

Rush enabled a whole generation, a whole segment of our society, to turn ugly on their neighbors. 

He was right about the media being biased. But that wasnt enough. He had a dark dark influence on so many. He enabled the people that would later turn to Q-Anon. Some of it was just mean-ness and some of it was drug addled paranoia. We will never know how much damage his drug adiction did to him, and in turn, how much damage he did to America. 

12 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i agree. i think him and newt both hurt this country and enabled folks like hannity to spew their lies to a gullible base.

Him, Newt, and Hannity...

1 minute ago, DKW 86 said:

Him, Newt, and Hannity...

i am a certified hippy but i could never name a son newt..........lol

10 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

But what if you didnt like him tho. Newt, is once again a guy that Evangelicals LOVE, that pretty much takes a crap on all their beliefs. Either believe God or dont. But quit going back and forth supporting these horrible people that are such abysmal examples of what you believe.

14 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Are you a true hippy from the 60's that never got out of it or just a hippy in spirit

20 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Are you a true hippy from the 60's that never got out of it or just a hippy in spirit

well i was twelve in 67 so more in spirit. i bet my hair is longer than yours. now i left this wide open for you to reply......................grins

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

well i was twelve in 67 so more in spirit. i bet my hair is longer than yours. now i left this wide open for you to reply......................grins

I'm sure your hair is longer because my hair is very curly so it can't get very long by the way your picture of "Go To Hell Bama" was made by the Beta Theta Pi's from Auburn

10670234_708335109236490_4480260358285587731_n.jpg

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I'm sure your hair is longer because my hair is very curly so it can't get very long by the way your picture of "Go To Hell Bama" was made by the Beta Theta Pi's from Auburn

On North College isn’t it? 

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

i just found the pic but i remember the sign from when i was a kid. i actually hung out there a little and they were nice. i was allowed to run all over Auburn as a kid and i loved it. if you ever get up to auburn and know in advance let me know and i will drive down and buy you lunch and a cold beverage just to meet the legend..............

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

On North College isn’t it? 

it is on the main drag coming in from the  highway the best i remember.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

it is on the main drag coming in from the  highway the best i remember.

not far from that poor excuse of a bus stop they had as well i believe.

Archived