Open Club  ·  21 members

AUF DIY

Sectional Sofa build

tgr4lfe

I decided a couple months ago to build my own chaise lounge sectional from 2x6s and recycle the springs and back supports from the old chaise and sofa I had that was probably 15 years old. I built the ottoman last weekend and designed it so it will fit up against the sectional basically creating a queen size bed.  I am going to use the ottoman as storage as well so i'll be installing a cushioned top that will lift up. 

I'm going to stain the oak inserts, and then paint the whole thing 'carbonized' which is a charcoal grey.  I am recycling the cushions from the old chaise lounge and sofa.  I'm going to recover those in a light grey and then get multi colored throw pillows.. I didn't want the natural wood tone b/c of the walnut flooring.  I will use multiple color tones from the multicolored slate tiles in the kitchen and entry to bring it all together.   

IMG_4183.jpg

IMG_4185.jpg

IMG_4224.jpg

4 hours ago, tgr4lfe said:

I decided a couple months ago to build my own chaise lounge sectional from 2x6s and recycle the springs and back supports from the old chaise and sofa I had that was probably 15 years old. I built the ottoman last weekend and designed it so it will fit up against the sectional basically creating a queen size bed.  I am going to use the ottoman as storage as well so i'll be installing a cushioned top that will lift up. 

I'm going to stain the oak inserts, and then paint the whole thing 'carbonized' which is a charcoal grey.  I am recycling the cushions from the old chaise lounge and sofa.  I'm going to recover those in a light grey and then get multi colored throw pillows.. I didn't want the natural wood tone b/c of the walnut flooring.  I will use multiple color tones from the multicolored slate tiles in the kitchen and entry to bring it all together.   

IMG_4183.jpg

IMG_4185.jpg

IMG_4224.jpg

Dang that’s ambitious! I’m super interested in how this turns out!

Yes, little bit ambitious, but i've got about $100 in lumber and that's all other than my time.  Better to me than dropping $1,500+ on something at a store.  I'll update with pics once i'm  done.  

Archived