2021 5* LB Smael Mondon (UGA)

ellitor

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got damn effin sick of hearing about those ugly ass shade of orange this cycle....

Derrick Ansley started right here in Alabama. Was a good friend and asst coach with one of my buddies. The guy sacrificed a lot to get started and actually turned down Saban and Kirby once to stay at Huntingdon before finally accepting a job with them in 2010. He lived apart from his wife for over year before moving on, but that was his big break. I think he was with Raiders for a season before going to TN. Anywho - outstanding guy that is one heck of a recruiter. TN may have been a joke on the field for a while - except when the clowned AU - but if Pruitt is going to succeed he has the staff to do it.

38 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

Derrick Ansley started right here in Alabama. Was a good friend and asst coach with one of my buddies. The guy sacrificed a lot to get started and actually turned down Saban and Kirby once to stay at Huntingdon before finally accepting a job with them in 2010. He lived apart from his wife for over year before moving on, but that was his big break. I think he was with Raiders for a season before going to TN. Anywho - outstanding guy that is one heck of a recruiter. TN may have been a joke on the field for a while - except when the clowned AU - but if Pruitt is going to succeed he has the staff to do it.

I've met him a couple time at clinics and he always made time to talk and answer questions from anyone at anytime. Really good guy and great recruiter. 

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

@ellitor What impact if any do you think UGA landing Dumas-Johnson might have on our odds of landing Smael?

@Tigerpro2a Not much. UGA needs LBs plus the Vols supposedly lead for Smael.

45 minutes ago, ellitor said:

plus the Vols supposedly lead for Smael.

That's disappointing

27 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That's disappointing

Everything about Rocky top this cycle makes me want to shove tons of asparagus in to Pruitt's mouth!!! Lol.

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Everything about Rocky top this cycle makes me want to shove tons of asparagus in to Pruitt's mouth!!! Lol.

Cut from the Darth Saban Cloth. Another recruiting juggernaut 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Cut from the Darth Saban Cloth. Another recruiting juggernaut 

He was a great recruiter long before Saban got him. He was a strong recruiter under Rush Propst when he was at Hoover.

33 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He was a great recruiter long before Saban got him. He was a strong recruiter under Rush Propst when he was at Hoover.

Well, saying that he learned under Propst- as a high school recruiter- doesn't exactly dispute @DAG's point, lol.

54 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Clever....

He was also focused on academic “achievement” while at Hoover. 

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Only difference between Jeremy and Rush is that Jeremy only had 1 family to support instead of 2.  (At least as far as we know).

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yellow font??

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yellow font??

No yellow font on this one. But Hoover was/is very much not alone.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Well, saying that he learned under Propst- as a high school recruiter- doesn't exactly dispute @DAG's point, lol.

No. Just saying it didn't originate with Saban.

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yellow font??

Nope. Just pointing out his lineage in that he was recruiting in high school when rules say they aren't supposed to. Not judging him for it though. I know damn well my Prattville Lions recruited then too.

25 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No. Just saying it didn't originate with Saban.

That’s fair. I am just saying the ability to recruit stud players at Tennessee probably came more from Nick Saban, not Rush Propst. When he went to Hoover, they were a 3x state championship and already nationally ranked. It’s one thing to recruit at a power house, where there are legit no other high schools with your resources. It is another to recruit well for a program trying to revamp it’s image in a conference as strong as the SEC. 

54 minutes ago, DAG said:

That’s fair. I am just saying the ability to recruit stud players at Tennessee probably came more from Nick Saban, not Rush Propst. When he went to Hoover, they were a 3x state championship and already nationally ranked. It’s one thing to recruit at a power house, where there are legit no other high schools with your resources. It is another to recruit well for a program trying to revamp it’s image in a conference as strong as the SEC. 

@DAG Wasn't critiquing or correcting you. Just giving an additional deeper detail. Saban's & Propst's ways in football are probably very similar in all facets.

23 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

They might lead at the moment but AU is still very much in it and probably ahead of UGA now according the Dukes. Don’t give up hope just yet 

Nobody's giving up hope but Dukes has said Vols lead for a while now & that's not a good sign.

58 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Nobody's giving up hope but Dukes has said Vols lead for a while now & that's not a good sign.

He’s not gonna say if AU leads for anyone and risk other teams turning up the pressure (ex. Scoob) 

33 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

He’s not gonna say if AU leads for anyone and risk other teams turning up the pressure (ex. Scoob) 

With due respect there is zero logic in that sentence. No team is going to make their decision on whether to push for recruit or not based on the opinion of someone thinking a certain team leads. Yes Dukes has sources but his opinions are no more valid than most reporters covering recruiting for team sites. If a team leads it’s likely going to be reported by some reporters who cover recruiting. Yet teams don’t make decisions based on their reports either.

Archived