2021 5* LB Smael Mondon (UGA)

ellitor

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

We need Smael more than Florida or Georgia does.

Actually we have arguably the most talented and deepest LB group in the SEC already. Smael definitely wouldn’t hurt though 

11 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Actually we have arguably the most talented and deepest LB group in the SEC already. Smael definitely wouldn’t hurt though 

Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking. Linebacker is the number one position on the field where I'm not too worried how we do in this cycle.

44 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Don't we have two starters leaving this season

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

@Dual-Threat Rigby Yes but we will only play 2 LBs at the same on the field 80% of the time or more. Plus we will rotate at least 4 of our LBs for those 2 spots this season.

Technically I believe it's one starter and one backup, but that leaves us with the other two major contributors at LB, and we signed two 4 star LBs in February, as well as a 3 star (and a 3 star to go along with Pappoe in the 2019 class). 

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Technically I believe it's one starter and one backup, but that leaves us with the other two major contributors at LB, and we signed two 4 star LBs in February, as well as a 3 star (and a 3 star to go along with Pappoe in the 2019 class). 

Steiner sounds like this athletic freak, Tisdol seemed to be a solid get, Pappoe is amazing, but we do lose a guy that could be a day 1 or 2 talent in Britt. Depending on what happens with this season, and the development that could come with that, we might need Smael as much as anybody (depending on if this season would even count as a year used, which would be a whole other argument)

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

need is a strong word though, I'm just using it in the context of having two future NFL starters on the field at almost all times. Smael and Pappoe would definitely give you that 

As much as we rotate players on defense, I don't know how often that would be true if Mondon and Pappoe are the only two future NFL starters we'll have at linebacker, but the point still remains.

13 hours ago, Rednilla said:

As much as we rotate players on defense, I don't know how often that would be true if Mondon and Pappoe are the only two future NFL starters we'll have at linebacker, but the point still remains.

I mean, I feel like those two would be on the field during the times where we need a stop the most. This is becoming a series of conditionals, but I believe we need Smael if we would like to be close to the same bar this season sets

42 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I mean, I feel like those two would be on the field during the times where we need a stop the most. This is becoming a series of conditionals, but I believe we need Smael if we would like to be close to the same bar this season sets

How much would they even be on the field together? Pappoe  is more than likely a 3 and done player so they’ll have 1 year together and I doubt Smael would be getting more significant snaps than Zakoby 

I feel like those two would be on the field during the times where we need a stop the most

Not sure about that. Pap will get a lot of money down snaps IMO & Z-Mac will get his sgare too.

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

How much would they even be on the field together? Pappoe  is more than likely a 3 and done player so they’ll have 1 year together and I doubt Smael would be getting more significant snaps than Zakoby 

IDK; however, Pap was a true freshman and was a starter through and through and had experienced guys ahead of him. I believe they're comparable talents personally. If Smael grinds his way to say, the third linebacker on the depth chart coming into the first game, I think we could see a good bit of em 

tenor-13.gif

Rusty from UGA 247 says he would pick Mondon to Auburn as of today but has low confidence in that pick.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Rusty from UGA 247 says he would pick Mondon to Auburn as of today but has low confidence in that pick.

So does that actually mean anything? 

9 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

YES. Rusty is a huge homer. So him even to give us this is big time. 

18 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

YES. Rusty is a huge homer. So him even to give us this is big time. 

The low confidence is what makes me lol though

15 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

The low confidence is what makes me lol though

Very Owen Pappoe recruitment ish......... hahaha. *knock on wood* for the same outcome! WOOO!!!

44 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

@ClaytonAU to me it does. His info almost always has a UGA tent to them. For him to pick us, even at low confidence, is a good sign for AU as of this moment.

Sounds good to me. My UGA boys swear he’s going to UGA so this will be sweet if it comes to fruition. 

3 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

We're in the mix!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived