• Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/26/2020 at 8:22 AM, Tiger1992 said:

Edited by Tiger1992
i chose to delete my post

Post of the year!!!

tenor.gif

On 2/13/2020 at 10:37 PM, tsande07 said:

Better in than out, I've always said. The Top 11.

Depends on where you are in the process of having se... wait, sorry, I’m in the wrong forum! How embarrassing. Shame, shame 

4 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

:timeout: that was close

It’s so funny how over recruiting I am . I used to care and now when I see we made a kids top 100 I could give a rats ass. Just commit, sign , and move on . I’m more concerned with the fruit pics from spring practice . 

4 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

It’s so funny how over recruiting I am . I used to care and now when I see we made a kids top 100 I could give a rats ass. Just commit, sign , and move on . I’m more concerned with the fruit pics from spring practice . 

When we stop clicking, the recruitniks will stop trying to drive content, and (most of) the recruits will gladly cease and desist with the social media campaigns.

That said, I am a charter member of the AYFKM With the Top Whatever Announcement Association (AYFKMWTTWAA for short).

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Are you, ahem, kidding me

This is great!

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Are you, ahem, kidding me

Nevermind. You stated it in your OP. I shouldn't have read it at 3 in the morning. lol

If I were a recruit I would 100% legitimately do a top 129 or so and literally only leave 2 teams out. Alabama and Georgia.

No. 1 inside linebacker 'feels at home' at Auburn

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports

AUBURN |

Barrett Carter, the No. 1 inside linebacker in the 2021 class, was in Auburn again on Sunday, which was the first day after the recruiting dead period ended.

It was Carter’s second visit to Auburn in the past 30 days. He also was on campus the last weekend before the dead period began (Feb. 1).

“I feel at home there,” Carer said. “My parents were with me and when we got into the town of Auburn, I knew where I was. We’ve been there so much. I just have a really good feeling at Auburn.”

Carter and his parents arrived Sunday morning and stayed until the evening. He was one of a dozen recruits in Auburn for unofficial visits.

“The visit was amazing,” Carter said. “We talked to all the coaches. Coach (Gus) Malzahn and his wife (Kristi) took us to the team meeting room. They had a presentation for all of us with the top-10 plays of the Gus Malzahn Era, some academic facts about the program, how many graduates are on the team and how many got their masters. It was a good presentation about football and academics.”

Carter then spent the remainder of the visit with linebackers coach Travis Williams, with whom he’s built a very strong bond.

“Coach T-Will was there with us the whole time,” Carter said. “He is like the uncle I never had.”

Williams wasn’t the only Auburn rep with Carter. Several players were there, too, including former four-star linebackers Owen Pappoea andK.J. Britt.

“They were all with us and it was really cool,” Carter said. “We just chopped it up. They told me how much they loved it at Auburn and that I’d be treated really good. We talked about everything outside of football, too, and that was pretty cool.

“Owen, he’s a Gwinnett County boy just like me. That was my first time meeting him. I played against him my freshman year in the second round of the playoffs, but had never met him. That was huge for me.”

Carter left the visit with plans to return again soon.

“I’ll definitely be back to Auburn for a (spring) practice,” Carter said. “Auburn is high on my list, 100 percent.”

Next up for Carter is visits to two ACC programs.

“I will be at Clemson on Saturday and Florida State on Sunday,” he said.

Carter isn’t in a rush to make a decision, but also doesn’t plan to wait until the end.

“I’m trying to get everything done before my senior season,” he said. “In a perfect world, that’s what I would like to do.”

Rivals ranks Carter, who is 6-feet-1 and 220 pounds, the No. 3 recruit in Georgia and No. 35 in the Rivals100.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any update that might give us some more hope? Obviously a tremendous target.

31 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Any update that might give us some more hope? Obviously a tremendous target.

So if I am reading the # symbols, we are in his list twice. :)  Just kidding.  I know that is supposed to be Clemsux, but we used that as well.

http://www.warblogle.com/2012/08/29/football/proof-that-auburn-was-all-in-before-clemson-ever-was/

16 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Any update

All Clemson

16 minutes ago, Zeek said:

that might give us some more hope?

Sorry.

Well, he'll be a tiger...in the same way that Emmit Smith promised us he'd be wearing orange and blue...

4 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Well, he'll be a tiger...in the same way that Emmit Smith promised us he'd be wearing orange and blue...

Never saw Carter say we lead or be a silent commit like Emmitt Smith was at one time so I really don’t get the correlation. He’s going to Clemson and we have known it for a while.

Just now, ellitor said:

Never saw Carter say we lead or be a silent commit like Emmitt Smith was at one time so I really don’t get the correlation. He’s going to Clemson and we have known it for a while.

The only link between the two is that Clemson is the Tigers like Auburn is, just like Florida is orange and blue like Auburn is. I didn't mean to suggest that Carter had led us on the way Emmitt did.

So here’s my take- this hurts because this kid was Pappoe at best, Z. McClain at worst...

However- this puts us in a position to full court press Smael Mondon, who has the higher ceiling of the two. I don’t want this to come back and bite me in the a$$ in a couple years, but Mondon has some Isiah Simmons to him.

2 hours ago, AUinGA44 said:

However- this puts us in a position to full court press Smael Mondon, who has the higher ceiling of the two. I don’t want this to come back and bite me in the a$$ in a couple years, but Mondon has some Isiah Simmons to him.

I thought we were already full court pressing Mondon & more in the thick of it with him than most thought?

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 4* LB Barrett Carter (Clamson)
11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I thought we were already full court pressing Mondon & more in the thick of it with him than most though?

I certainly hope. That kid is damn good! We need to pull at least 1 big fish from GA this year, simply to prove we always can. 

6 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

I’m growing tired of losing LB’s to clemson

When have we lost LBs to them? It’s usually CBs.

Archived