2021 4* LB Barrett Carter (Clamson)

ellitor

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

Lost Simpson last Cycle

To North Carolina who then lost him to Clemson.

49 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

You know what I meant E.

Yes & with due respect it's wrong. He ultimately committed to Clemson but did so by flipping from UNC. At that point we weren't recruiting him because we knew we were out We lost him to UNC then UNC lost him to Clemson. The last LB we truly lost to Clemson was Tre Lamar in the 2016 class.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Yes & with due respect it's wrong. He ultimately committed to Clemson but did so by flipping from UNC. At that point we weren't recruiting him because we knew we were out We lost him to UNC then UNC lost him to Clemson. The last LB we truly lost to Clemson was Tre Lamar in the 2016 class.

K. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Insiders question? With all of this recent negative news surrounding Clemson recently, do you think it could effect their recruiting? For example Barrett Carter? 

51 minutes ago, Samau said:

Insiders question? With all of this recent negative news surrounding Clemson recently, do you think it could effect their recruiting? For example Barrett Carter? 

@Samau It could but we won't know til we get reports of it.

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Samau It could but we won't know til we get reports of it.

Seems like this is the kind of thing that wouldn't ever come to the surface in terms of actual quotes. Not before these kids are done with college football, anyway. 

JMO but a rash of decommitments or a struggle to fill out their class with the same caliber of player they've been recruiting would be the indicator. 

I doubt we see that, but I personally suspect it could help us in any given individual battle. Unfortunately, saban, smart and others have also been way out in front of this relative to Dabo. 

56 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Seems like this is the kind of thing that wouldn't ever come to the surface in terms of actual quotes. Not before these kids are done with college football, anyway. 

Quote wise no but if there is legit wind of it I guarantee you JLee will report it.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Quote wise no but if there is legit wind of it I guarantee you JLee will report it.

Oh, very interesting. Wouldn't that be something. 

All of that time and focus on this kid and we lost him.  The hyperfocus on BC probably cost us Ian Jackson as well.  IJ was a 3x Au legacy and chose Bama mainly because he had been all but snubbed by AU for months because we were certain that we were getting Barrett Carter. Had he just been treated like a normal recruit all along the way, he would have most certainly committed to AU. <smh>

1 hour ago, Turd Ferguson said:

All of that time and focus on this kid and we lost him.  The hyperfocus on BC probably cost us Ian Jackson as well.  IJ was a 3x Au legacy and chose Bama mainly because he had been all but snubbed by AU for months because we were certain that we were getting Barrett Carter. Had he just been treated like a normal recruit all along the way, he would have most certainly committed to AU. <smh>

@Turd Ferguson Yup! We have discussed it extensively in Ian's thread.

Archived