Boobee Whitlow gone

Auburn2Eugene

On 2/7/2020 at 7:29 PM, E'Town4Bama said:

No Raise.

I think he was more upset that he wasn’t getting 48-45 carries in a game.....

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/7/2020 at 2:15 AM, bigbird said:

I get what your saying too and agree. Maybe it was Boobee not playing in the 1st half of games that has distorted my memory.

Boobee had 46 carries the last 5 games

DJ had 53 carries the last 5 games

Which is why I said BooBee had lost his starting job.

On 2/7/2020 at 2:15 AM, bigbird said:

I get what your saying too and agree. Maybe it was Boobee not playing in the 1st half of games that has distorted my memory.

Boobee had 46 carries the last 5 games

DJ had 53 carries the last 5 games

If you remember, Boobee was hurt in the FLA game according to Gus, and he did not play in the Ark and the Ole Miss games, as he needed time to recover. So his # of carries would have been down.

But he carried the ball more than DJ in the GA and Alabama games, b/c they needed him, nad he is our best overall RB.

Now not starting him doesn't mean a thing in Gus' logic. How many times did KMart start the game, get 1 carry or maybe none, and then see him sparingly the rest of those games.

So, I didn't care who started, although, I think Boobee should have played more in the first half of the Minn game(1 carry)...

On 2/7/2020 at 3:15 PM, auburn4ever said:

Since Boobee was AU's leading rusher the last few years, I wonder what the real reason why he choice to transfer after having some really great years.

1520 yards over 2 years are not "really great years"  when you are considered the primary back in an offense that features a primary back.   Not trying to argue, but I could come up with probably 10 backs off the top of my head that carried over a 1,000 yds and I would not say they had "great" years.  Maybe I am a little harsh, but you see my point. 

He played hard, gave Auburn his best effort I believe and I respect that.   I wish him all the luck in the world.

Why leave?  He was probably the 3rd  best back in the room after Spring.   And he can get a lot of carries in the Sunbelt or similar conference.    

15 hours ago, Beaker said:

1520 yards over 2 years are not "really great years"  when you are considered the primary back in an offense that features a primary back.   Not trying to argue, but I could come up with probably 10 backs off the top of my head that carried over a 1,000 yds and I would not say they had "great" years.  Maybe I am a little harsh, but you see my point. 

He played hard, gave Auburn his best effort I believe and I respect that.   I wish him all the luck in the world.

Why leave?  He was probably the 3rd  best back in the room after Spring.   And he can get a lot of carries in the Sunbelt or similar conference.    

I don't think that's why he left, unless it led to some subconscious self-sabotage. But that doesn't change your point at all. Which I totally agree with. 

16 hours ago, AUGoo said:

Yo!

Pot.............

Fun to see a uater attempt humor r/e paying players. LOL. If an Auburn fan did that on a uat board.....permanent ban. That is just another difference between the two. 

What if he wasn't actually injured and those games where he was held out was some sort of suspension for the skipping of meetings and workouts and not going to class? And him not starting down the stretch of the year was also part of it?

I don't remember if there was evidence during the broadcast of the UF game where it was clear he got hurt -- maybe there was and I'm forgetting. And in that case this post can get deleted.

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

What if he wasn't actually injured and those games where he was held out was some sort of suspension for the skipping of meetings and workouts and not going to class? And him not starting down the stretch of the year was also part of it?

I don't remember if there was evidence during the broadcast of the UF game where it was clear he got hurt -- maybe there was and I'm forgetting. And in that case this thread can get deleted.

Kind of reminds me of Jovon Robinson. Some folks *still* think that he was actually hurt for every game he missed. Not saying that we have as much evidence of that happening here but you have to leave those possibilities open.

In general, it surprises me how much people take at face value.  

Just now, McLoofus said:

Kind of reminds me of Jovon Robinson. Some folks *still* think that he was actually hurt for every game he missed. Not saying that we have as much evidence of that happening here but you have to leave those possibilities open.

Exactly. Believing anything that Gus says regarding health of players is just silly at this point. Or really anything he says to the media lol

I actually saw Boobee get hurt in the Florida game. I don't know how long he was actually hurt for, but I do know he hurt his knee in that game. As for the rest of the speculation, who knows??? I wish him well. Next man up.

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Pettway was another "hurt one" but then we later found out it was drug tests, if I remember correctly. 

I think he was hurt for some games though but we really coulda used him at end of that year. 

On 2/6/2020 at 8:04 PM, E'Town4Bama said:

Boobie is trying to get a raise!!!!!!!!

A typical bammer frame of reference. Your tiny tantrum thrower and the REC have all that cash and all the cars with free gas, and the clothes, and the jobs......all those family relocation services. You think all teams are that dirty. And you think it's cute. 

First off DJ may have "started" the last few games, but his production wasnt in the same stratosphere. DJs YPC were greatly skewed because of 2 single runs vs LSU. 

Right now if you look at the stats, they are almost identical. Take away those 2 huge runs by DJ vs LSU and his numbers dont even come close. 

On 2/6/2020 at 7:52 PM, abw0004 said:

He left because he was tired of the bickering and immaturity on the forum.  23 has been driven away for the same reasons but I have been trying to get him to come back.  He had good info and was always courteous.  

If they were tired of the bickering and immaturity on THIS board then they clearly couldnt take a SINGLE other Auburn board. 

This is the most behaved sunshine pumping site there is as far as Auburn football forums go. 

8 hours ago, Tiger said:

What if 

yeah your comment should have stopped right there. After "what if" its pure speculation.

2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

If they were tired of the bickering and immaturity on THIS board then they clearly couldnt take a SINGLE other Auburn board. 

This is the most behaved sunshine pumping site there is as far as Auburn football forums go.

I can see where at least 23 was coming from.  He has inside information and was willingly sharing it with us and there were posters just railing on him.  It isn’t his obligation to share info with us, so if he felt taken for granted I don’t blame him for leaving.

For me personally, this is the only Auburn forum I am on.  I just don’t have enough time to be on other Auburn forums, and I would rather invest my time on one forum and leave the forum in a better place than do a poor job as a poster on multiple forums.  Quality over quantity in a sense.  

5 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

A typical bammer frame of reference. Your tiny tantrum thrower and the REC have all that cash and all the cars with free gas, and the clothes, and the jobs......all those family relocation services. You think all teams are that dirty. And you think it's cute. 

Its not cute but it really goes on! Just watch the games and gripe about the officiating. It is really the only thing you can do.

11 hours ago, Tiger said:

I don't remember if there was evidence during the broadcast of the UF game where it was clear he got hurt -- maybe there was and I'm forgetting. And in that case this post can get deleted.

You don’t typically have surgery when you are held out on suspension. 

Any guesses on where Boobee will land? I believe he'll end up at Jacksonville State. Rock Thomas did and he did very well with the Gamecocks.

14 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

yeah your comment should have stopped right there. After "what if" its pure speculation.

Wait, it was speculation?????

The "what if" was a big flag flying high and bright shining lights that should've been a warning to all that the following will be speculation. That's the whole post and asking a question. Glad you were able to catch that.

11 hours ago, alexava said:

You don’t typically have surgery when you are held out on suspension. 

Here we go, this is the type of reply that's actually constructive. Thanks.

11 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Any guesses on where Boobee will land?

Hopefully wherever he feels he'll get the most support...

Academically and athletically. 

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Double D cup?

Yeah, I edited my post because I didn't want to be offensive but it was just too good to pass up. 

14 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I can see where at least 23 was coming from.  He has inside information and was willingly sharing it with us and there were posters just railing on him.  It isn’t his obligation to share info with us, so if he felt taken for granted I don’t blame him for leaving.

What I saw from 23 was more of the *company line*, not inside information. He was all in on JJ taking over the starting QB slot in 2015 during the bye week and that didn’t happen.  He was all in on JFIII being THE starting QB sometime during the season in 2016, epic fail.  His information seemed to be more about emotion than substance.  When you go hard on the information you provide on a message board and it doesn’t pan out, you seem to loose a lot of support.

It wasn’t his obligation to share, but if you want the *insider* label you better have good information.

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

What I saw from 23 was more of the *company line*, not inside information. He was all in on JJ taking over the starting QB slot in 2015 during the bye week and that didn’t happen.  He was all in on JFIII being THE starting QB sometime during the season in 2016, epic fail.  His information seemed to be more about emotion than substance.  When you go hard on the information you provide on a message board and it doesn’t pan out, you seem to loose a lot of support.

It wasn’t his obligation to share, but if you want the *insider* label you better have good information.

Yeah. I mean, he did have good info that few others did. But he also had opinions. And when his opinions got challenged, he got pretty whiny and indignant. 

It was actually strange, how much he knew about the football program yet how little he knew about football. I remember the JFIII thing, too. Kind of summed it all up.

Archived