Boobee Whitlow gone

Auburn2Eugene

14 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I first went with a snarky reason, then a short worded reason, then gave some of my credentials (I name dropped you guys).  No luck all 3 times.

Let me make a phone call....................got a guy that owes me a favor.

So I actually just always wanted to say that

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to hear anything negative about our boys...if the rumor is true about his missing class and attitude then he doesn't need to be here. I have a hard time believing that based off his mothers push up system....however not out of realm of possibility. 

Honestly, I think Boobee was a great top gap for our RB issues and was the most productive the past 2 seasons, but I think this would be the year he started falling down the chart. Too much talent with DJ, MAR, Tank, Worm ,H.J. and the gang....I hate to see him go, but maybe it gives some of these other guys opportunities that Gus wouldnt have given due to his "Blind Loyalty" to Older guys.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I came here seeking validation and you delivered. 

Alright, Wednesday. Give me your best shot. I've got the Devil on my side! wait no not really he's a man of faith and he already explained that it's an old handle from days gone by so let's not make this all Satan-y okay it was just another joke jeez 

Our RB room is loaded. We will survive Boobie leaving. He had some great moments for us, can't deny it but he wasn't head and shoulders above our other Rbs to be getting so many more touches than the other guys.

Him leaving actually excites me a little bit with what Chad will be able to cook up without Gus looking over his shoulder reminding him to leave room in the gameplan to force feed Boobie

Nothing against the young man, but he's probably the least of the backs we've had in recent history. He's a reliable YAC guy, but it's rare he blows anything open against better defenses. I don't know how DJ or Tank will develop, but the ceiling there is higher. Good luck to Whitlow if this is true. 

5 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Our RB room is loaded. We will survive Boobie leaving. He had some great moments for us, can't deny it but he wasn't head and shoulders above our other Rbs to be getting so many more touches than the other guys.

Him leaving actually excites me a little bit with what Chad will be able to cook up without Gus looking over his shoulder reminding him to leave room in the gameplan to force feed Boobie

1 minute ago, aucom96 said:

Nothing against the young man, but he's probably the least of the backs we've had in recent history. He's a reliable YAC guy, but it's rare he blows anything open against better defenses. I don't know how DJ or Tank will develop, but the ceiling there is higher. Good luck to Whitlow if this is true. 

*nodding head from the pew at the back of the room*

Don't forget about MAR and don't forget about Worm's potential now that we have some fresh eyes on this. 

20 minutes ago, alexava said:

When is or was the deadline to enter the nfl draft? Surely he didn’t let that pass then........

Deadline for NFL draft was January 17 and Whitlow did not declare.

59 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

*nodding head from the pew at the back of the room*

Don't forget about MAR and don't forget about Worm's potential now that we have some fresh eyes on this. 

Man I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but it would be something else to see how another coach will utilize those guys. 

6 minutes ago, Paladin said:

in the transfer portal

Interesting quote from K.N. It seems like out of all the positions, RB is one we could take a "hit" and not be hurt too bad. I like what potentially DJ can do with more reps and not just a few here and there throughout a game.

I wish Whitlow nothing but the best. He was a warrior and gave his all on the field, no one can dispute that. That being said, I’m not that broken up about this. We have a lot of talented RB’s, and I think we can see some more successful combos if we handle this right.

Thank you for your time here at Auburn, Boobie Whitlow! 

Next man up...and we have options. 

BTW Coach Morris don't play. He's bringing in some of that Dabo mindset and it will help us moving forward. 

23 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Hate losing this guy, felt this was gonna be a season where he could boost his rep around certain circles. Wish him the best 

indeed

maybe  Boobie is also torqued Bro Jo signed with UGA.       haha, no really.

3 hours ago, shabby said:

hope there is nothing to the "wasn't going to classes" rumour. that would be bad for Auburn.

How is it bad for AU? He chose to not go to or be late for classes & team workouts on his own accord. He doesn't have the most affluent upbringing so he needs to get focused at his next stop & finish his schooling if nothing else.

5 minutes ago, auburntiger1987 said:

I like what potentially DJ can do with more reps and not just a few here and there throughout a game.

DJ, MAR, & Tank.

Archived