Boobee Whitlow gone

Auburn2Eugene

27 minutes ago, alexava said:

I don’t see how this is a good move for him, his family or anyone else involved. 

24 minutes ago, keesler said:

It's an odd chain of events for sure, and to do it today of all days.

When a guy is suddenly no longer part of the football team and it doesn't make sense, it's a safe bet that something he doesn't want out in the public domain and something the staff and school can't really talk about went down. 

21 minutes ago, wde1968 said:

Looks like he didn't want to compete with DJ, TANK, and THE FREIGHT TRAIN WORM.

And, wow, I hope this remains the worst take on the situation we see.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, AUDevil said:

The fact that it came from Jay Tate is a clue to go check out his site and see if it's free content before posting. 

On another note to you and @ellitor, how did you gain access to post on the Auburn Rant site?  I've been trying off and on for 2 years with no luck.

I just applied in 2013 and was approved. For the LONGEST time I was a lurker ONLY on that board, but I've started to post move over there since someone was banned here and posts over there. 

I've seen tons of posts on the SEC Rant asking the very same question. 

What's your name over there? I'll make a post requesting your access

BUT

I make no promises on the outcome.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

Though Auburn has its share of options to take over as the lead option in the backfield, Whitlow’s departure is still a substantial loss for the Tigers. The 6-foot, 210-pounder received 28.8 percent of Auburn’s total carries the last two seasons — including 40.6 percent of its running back carries — while averaging 5.1 yards per touch as the Tigers’ go-to option in the run game.

(5.1) Yards per carry behind last seasons OL is not too bad, especially considering the predictability of the play calling.

I don't know who, in the current group, is going to best that number as the primary back. Maybe the OL will be better, I certainly hope so.

Whatever you think about Whitlow, whether you loved him or hated him or just didn't care, I always believed that he gave every

rushing attempt everything that he had. He made a lot of yards after contact, and just losing that mentality out of the running back

room cannot be a positive. So in spite of the fumbles, I thank him for everything he did on the field for the Auburn Tigers and wish him

the best in the future.

2 minutes ago, CodeRocket said:

He made a lot of yards after contact, and just losing that mentality out of the running back room cannot be a positive.

Losing Kam Martin's mentality was a negative. 

Losing his production may or may not be a negative, but there likely isn't a dude in that RB room that won't run at least as hard as Whitlow. 

As for how hard Boobee runs, I'd take Caddy, Ronnie, KI, Tate, Dyer, Mason, Grant, CAP, KJ... Even Barber, slow as he was, broke tackles like a madman. 

I could be wrong, but I just don't see him like some of y'all do. Never have. The fumbles just made it worse. 

2 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Wth is the Bunker....

The biggest and most successful Auburn message board along with this one. It has a certain style, bravado, swagger and flair to it that would make the corny, hokey and cringe fans on AU 247 want to recite the creed to them all day!!! lol.

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

The biggest and most successful Auburn message board along with this one. It has a certain style, bravado, swagger and flair to it that would make the corny, hokey and cringe fans on AU 247 want to recite the creed to them all day!!! lol.

Image result for middle class fancy"

40 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

As for how hard Boobee runs, I'd take Caddy, Ronnie, KI, Tate, Dyer, Mason, Grant, CAP, KJ... Even Barber, slow as he was, broke tackles like a madman. 

I could be wrong, but I just don't see him like some of y'all do. Never have. The fumbles just made it worse. 

I agree with you. Could not hold onto the ball and when the OL did open up holes, he often hesitated to hit them. I honestly do not think this is a big loss. With tank and Richards coming, I believe he was going to be unseated as the number one TB. Not to mention he was injury plagued. Just my two cents from watching him the last few years. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

HAHAHHAHAHAA MUHHHHHHHHHHHH DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the pro tip you gave me about a certain IG account was SPOT TF ON!!!!!!!! IT IS EVERYTHING YOU ADVERTISED IT TO BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

HAHAHHAHAHAA MUHHHHHHHHHHHH DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the pro tip you gave me about a certain IG account was SPOT TF ON!!!!!!!! IT IS EVERYTHING YOU ADVERTISED IT TO BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

@Barnacle, we've converted another one...

3 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

I agree with you. Could not hold onto the ball and when the OL did open up holes, he often hesitated to hit them. I honestly do not think this is a big loss. With tank and Richards coming, I believe he was going to be unseated as the number one TB. Not to mention he was injury plagued. Just my two cents from watching him the last few years. 

Out of likes but.. yup. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

@Barnacle, we've converted another one...

AND WHOOOOOOOO you advertised it about is so apropos!!!! lol WOOOOOO!!!!!!

ytyutyutyu.gif

,,hjklilui.gif

Just now, McLoofus said:

Hey Rand, Gary here! Barb and I had a blast with you and Jan last night!! You two are hard to keep up with.😜 By the way, sweet Vespa! You were really burning rubber out of the Longhorn's parking lot. Barb and I felt like we were friends with James Bond! lol. 

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Hey Rand, Gary here! Barb and I had a blast with you and Jan last night!! You two are hard to keep up with.😜 By the way, sweet Vespa! You were really burning rubber out of the Longhorn's parking lot. Barb and I felt like we were friends with James Bond! lol. 

Holy sh** dying hahahaha

4 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA LOLOLOLOLOLOL OMGSHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS THIS THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

dgfdgf.gif

Let's not speak badly about Boobee. He played hard while here and it's his decision to leave, maybe with a nudge. Who knows. I wish him well in the future and hope that he will be able to reach his dreams. I hope he has put some deep, mature thought into his plans.

I always hate to see a player leave the team early, especially one that has put in as much time and energy as Boobie Whitlow.   I'm not sure that I think he has NFL potential but he was our main man for two years and made some good plays for us.  I also hope, as do others, that Boobie is not leaving for off field reasons such as poor class attendance, etc.  

I'm not worried about our RBs for 2020.  It looks like we have several with SEC potential so it's just a matter of letting them play and seeing which one rises to the top.

If Boobie wants to continue playing football as a running back, I think he needs to evaluate his ability and probably catch on at a lower level of competition than the SEC.  Good luck to him. 

• WarTiger changed the title to Boobee Whitlow gone
4 hours ago, around4ever said:

Maybe he wanted to run behind a real OLine to increase his draft potential.  

I do wish him the very best wherever he ends up.  He gave Auburn his best during his time here.  

So he transfers, only to sit out a year? Who’s to say our OL won’t be good this year and/or dynamite next year? There is no net gain with that. 

Now that I have a few minutes to really think about this, I suspect Gus and Chad are the most pleased and the biggest winners here.

Gus has a penchant to reward upperclassmen and that has created problems when the better or more capable player is on the sidelines.  

This makes things a whole lot easier!   And I truly to wish Boobie the best.   I believe he gave Auburn his best.

3 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Whitlow got his snaps because nobody ran harder than him.  Unfortunately that also led to some fumbles.  He started out at wr after being a do everything qb in high school I believe.   He had the ability to make something out of nothing.   With our poor offensive line he was our best back to use.  Shivers lacks vision and ability to create, he needs the hole to be where it is suppose to be or he fails on any run between the tackles.  DJ was hurt and earned his carries as he got healthier and jumped over Shivers for the above stated reasons.  Miller lost too much from his injuries.  Gus never could figure out how to use Martin.   Still don’t know what we have in Joiner, have not seen enough.  His work effort and attitude has always been highlighted for how great it was, so it is odd to hear differently in these rumors.

Who needs a hole to run in when you can create your own.

4 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Whitlow got his snaps because nobody ran harder than him.  Unfortunately that also led to some fumbles.  He started out at wr after being a do everything qb in high school I believe.   He had the ability to make something out of nothing.   With our poor offensive line he was our best back to use.  Shivers lacks vision and ability to create, he needs the hole to be where it is suppose to be or he fails on any run between the tackles.  DJ was hurt and earned his carries as he got healthier and jumped over Shivers for the above stated reasons.  Miller lost too much from his injuries.  Gus never could figure out how to use Martin.   Still don’t know what we have in Joiner, have not seen enough.  His work effort and attitude has always been highlighted for how great it was, so it is odd to hear differently in these rumors.

Your comment about Shivers is so funny to me because he sure had a lot of vision, balance & created a hole for himself when scoring the winning TD to beat Bama on 1 touch for that game! Given a chance & opportunity, then making the best of it! We play real football against powerhouse teams in S. Florida so we play real football! He gets overlooked because of height.... always remember that when speaking on him.... guess his mental & physical toughness didn’t put you on notice much! 

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@shabby You are assuming way too much in your post to even hypothesize 3 years. Not sure where you where or how you got 3 years from. It's something that crept up some last semester & got much worse this 

I'm not assuming anything. And I never said it was happenning for 3 years. Thus the nature of the word IF. 

Archived