Boobee Whitlow gone

Auburn2Eugene

Hate to see the young man bail on the program but wish him well.  I always thought he had a lot of potential if he could hold onto the ball.  Next man up!

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, AUDevil said:

A guy on twitter who has no followers says that he never went to class and skipped too many workouts.

Was his name Al R. Bammer😂

I love Shivers.  Probably because I'm not a "big guy" either.  I love the way he runs, with passion.  I'm so glad he's sticking with the AU family.   Looking forward to seeing him get even more carries next year.

4 hours ago, CodeRocket said:

(5.1) Yards per carry behind last seasons OL is not too bad, especially considering the predictability of the play calling.

I don't know who, in the current group, is going to best that number as the primary back. Maybe the OL will be better, I certainly hope so.

Whatever you think about Whitlow, whether you loved him or hated him or just didn't care, I always believed that he gave every

rushing attempt everything that he had. He made a lot of yards after contact, and just losing that mentality out of the running back

room cannot be a positive. So in spite of the fumbles, I thank him for everything he did on the field for the Auburn Tigers and wish him

the best in the future.

i love boobie and i loved watching him crank it up in the second half when we would need him. i certainly was not slamming him.i was just repeating what was being speculated so others might have an idea of what folks were thinking the problem might be. as a rule i do not trash our players unless they turn out to be a thug and hurt my beloved auburn. i hope that gives you a cleare picture.

2 hours ago, shabby said:

I'm not assuming anything. And I never said it was happenning for 3 years. Thus the nature of the word IF. 

Not how you post read to me but moving on.

4 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I've started to post move over there since someone was banned here and posts over there. 

Who pray tell was banned over here??

1 hour ago, kevon67 said:

Was his name Al R. Bammer😂

Probably Harvey

6 hours ago, shabby said:

It's bad for Auburn if this has been going on for three years and he has been passing his classes. Doesn't that broach the question as to how he was getting by? Again, i have no idea whether this was occuring long term short term or at all. 

During my time at AU, a lot of regular students skipped a lot of classes and pass. Especially in the world of liberal arts and ‘football majors.’  What’s more fishy to me is how many players are average at best high school students, yet graduate from college with great GPAs in 3 years while playing a sport that is all consuming. 

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

As for how hard Boobee runs, I'd take Caddy, Ronnie, KI, Tate, Dyer, Mason, Grant, CAP, KJ... Even Barber, slow as he was, broke tackles like a madman. 

I could be wrong, but I just don't see him like some of y'all do. Never have. The fumbles just made it worse. 

Agree. He wouldn’t have started at a lot of other SEC schools. Wish him luck though. 

9 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

During my time at AU, a lot of regular students skipped a lot of classes and pass. Especially in the world of liberal arts and ‘football majors.’  What’s more fishy to me is how many players are average at best high school students, yet graduate from college with great GPAs in 3 years while playing a sport that is all consuming. 

Reuben Foster for example?

22 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Whoa.  I hear you and I suppose there is a lot of truth to what you say.  But I had mediocre to poor high school grades.  Yet something "clicked" with me when I hit college and the same thing happened to my daughter (who was on full ride athletic scholarship).  You never know when maturity hits.

It's easy (and maybe justified) to put these players into the "dumb jock" group.  But there are exceptions.  I took an electrical engineering class with both Lionel James and  Dowe Aughtman.  Those guys were not stupid.

26 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Who pray tell was banned over here??

Dude named Coarch. Keep talking about him and he’ll be meeting you in a parking lot to kick your a**, lol

I appreciate what Boobee did for AU.  He was THE man in our backfield for the past 2 years.

Tre broke 1,000 yards in 2012 with all those problems.... 

I kept saying a running back was going to transfer but Boobee would have been my last guess. There has to be more to this story. Still, he had his fumble problems this year and injury problems as well; didn’t have the top end speed to finish big runs.

Not sure what happened but I’m excited for some our more dynamic runners to get some carries.

It like the year we thought we were going to have a loaded back field with like Mike after, TJ Yeldon, OMac, some other guy and then it seemed we got screwed by TJ and Dyer left or got kicked off team

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

As for how hard Boobee runs, I'd take Caddy, Ronnie, KI, Tate, Dyer, Mason, Grant, CAP, KJ... Even Barber, slow as he was, broke tackles like a madman. 

I could be wrong, but I just don't see him like some of y'all do. Never have. The fumbles just made it worse. 

Same. My closest comp was Ben Tate. Boobee never seemed like he reached his potential and it was frustrating seeing him hobbled half the time. Wishing the best for him. 

40 minutes ago, musicitytiger said:

That’s a shame, really liked his posts.

Me too but IIRC he was warned several times before the ban. 

18 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Boobee never seemed like he reached his potential 

IMO, he did.

8 ft ceilings are hard to made to look like 12 ft ceilings

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

IMO, he did.

8 ft ceilings are hard to made to look like 12 ft ceilings

Maybe but watching some of his performances it was hard to think “man why can’t he play 4 full quarters like this”

6 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Me too but IIRC he was warned several times before the ban. 

Yeah I liked him but he went down a spiral 

Archived