Boobee Whitlow gone

Auburn2Eugene

13 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

I don't like what I'm hearing. I'm not terribly surprised considering how stacked the Running Backs room had gotten, but 2020 was primed for Boobee to have a break out year. But perhaps he really has fallen in the depth chart.

If this is true, then I hope DJ develops his field awareness and Shivers... Well he's good to go. I still don't know what we'll do with Joiner but it did seem like his involvement increased over the past season. I mean we've got quality depth, I just hate it for Boobee...

As of right now we dont have a better RB on the roster. DJ and Tank in my opinion have infinitely more potential. But as of this past season Boobee was the best every down back on the roster and it wasnt even close. Take away 1 or 2 runs from DJ vs LSU that REALLY jacked up his ypc, and there wasnt a RB on the roster who could hold Boobees jock strap. 

And I dont even really like Boobee. I was behind DJ and Worm all season. But when we needed yards there was no other RB on the roster that was even close to Boobee. 

6 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

I agree with you. Could not hold onto the ball and when the OL did open up holes, he often hesitated to hit them. I honestly do not think this is a big loss. With tank and Richards coming, I believe he was going to be unseated as the number one TB. Not to mention he was injury plagued. Just my two cents from watching him the last few years. 

See above.

2 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

Who pray tell was banned over here??

Here he was Jeff or AUJeff or something similar. He was my homie. I post over there to interact with him. But he has a different name over there. 

1 hour ago, musicitytiger said:

That’s a shame, really liked his posts.

Me too until he decided it was a good idea to suggest someone EXTREMELY respected here meet him for a fight, then physically threatened them, and repeatedly defended that decision. 

Then I figured out what he was about. And my man @cole256 never had good things to say about him and I totally respect Cole. Cole and I go back to an old Auburn board before here. It was like Auburn Yuku or something like that.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

As of right now we dont have a better RB on the roster. DJ and Tank in my opinion have infinitely more potential. But as of this past season Boobee was the best every down back on the roster and it wasnt even close. Take away 1 or 2 runs from DJ vs LSU that REALLY jacked up his ypc, and there wasnt a RB on the roster who could hold Boobees jock strap. 

And I dont even really like Boobee. I was behind DJ and Worm all season. But when we needed yards there was no other RB on the roster that was even close to Boobee. 

See above.

Here he was Jeff or AUJeff or something similar. He was my homie. I post over there to interact with him. But he has a different name over there. 

Me too until he decided it was a good idea to suggest someone EXTREMELY respected here meet him for a fight, then physically threatened them, and repeatedly defended that decision. 

Then I figured out what he was about. And my man @cole256 never had good things to say about him and I totally respect Cole. He and I go back to an old Auburn board before here. It was like Auburn Yuku or something like that.

Loved Jeff but he let too much get under his skin for a while. There’s certain posters on here I just mute and my whole life is better for it lol.

And whoever asked, the reason there is an application "process" over there its because there is SO MUCH trolling that goes on over there. Like a LOT. So there are problems with alters and opposing fanbases trying to gain access to the board. 

@AUDevil best suggestion is to start posting on the SECRant section or any of the subsections and pretty much talk about Auburn sports. Then after getting maybe around a thousand posts (FAR MORE than I currently have there sorry) of documented Auburn posts, then I dont think there would be issue with you getting accepted to the AU board. 

On to Boobee 

Doesnt it make significantly more sense (as someone else said) for him to enter the supplemental draft, hope he isnt drafted, then get to pick his destination than to sit out a year? I know I read that the NCAA is REALLY cutting down on immediate eligibility even making it significantly more difficult for family medical reasons... I dont see dropping to FCS level. I mean he is a multiyear starter for an all time top 15 program. He absolutely would have entered 2020 as RB1. Where is the sense in dropping to Jax State or sitting a season to transfer to another major program? 

I know the transfer portal is a whole new animal and starters even go in the portal for no apparent reason but a multi year starter who will enter his 3rd year of starting and has no question of his position as a starter is something that is going to take some getting used to

So if Boobee has let his grades drop and isnt eligible anymore, would that affect his transfer to another university? It makes less than 0 sense to transfer to another university if he has become ineligible...

It just doesnt add up. 

My heart aches because this young man fails to understand even with his playing time at AU I doubt he has a 5% chance of making a pro team . Most likely play XL or CFL for less money than he oils have made with a college degree. He will regret this choice down the road. 

2 hours ago, fredst said:

Dude named Coarch. Keep talking about him and he’ll be meeting you in a parking lot to kick your a**, lol

Dang Coarch ain’t free yet ...and Jeff too...what ever happened to AUHN1 or something...he really had his doubts bout Garner..have not seen him around either...... Those guys were crazy ash in a good way...but they all loved Auburn sports.

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

Dang Coarch ain’t free yet ...and Jeff too...what ever happened to AUHN1 or something...he really had his doubts bout Garner..have not seen him around either...... Those guys were crazy ash in a good way...but they all loved Auburn sports.

Addition by subtraction

8 hours ago, countoff said:

Whoa.  I hear you and I suppose there is a lot of truth to what you say.  But I had mediocre to poor high school grades.  Yet something "clicked" with me when I hit college and the same thing happened to my daughter (who was on full ride athletic scholarship).  You never know when maturity hits.

It's easy (and maybe justified) to put these players into the "dumb jock" group.  But there are exceptions.  I took an electrical engineering class with both Lionel James and  Dowe Aughtman.  Those guys were not stupid.

I never intended to infer dumb jocks. I attended class with plenty athletes at AU who were extremely sharp. I’m talking about guys who are barely qualifying out of high school then graduating from a 4 year school (not just Auburn) in 2.5 or 3 years. While playing a sport that easily demands 20-30 hours a week of your time. 

All you perfect posters on here should just leave your comments at Thank you Boobee and good luck in the future.

4 minutes ago, creed said:

All you perfect posters on here should just leave your comments at Thank you Boobee and good luck in the future.

Heaven forbid people have opinions about it. 

Just now, bigbird said:

Heaven forbid people have opinions about it. 

Sometimes people should leave their opinions silent when they may not know the entire story and/or haven't walked in the same shoes as the person they're opining about. 

12 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

@Momma Worm, looks like he was trying to bait you. I am hoping that the departure of Boobee will help to open up many more opportunites for Shaun. I know for sure he will keep working hard. That kid does NOT give less than 110%!

Ive seen it posted a lot... so I just decided to feed it with a little attention.... he/she doesn’t want the kind of attention I really give when you come for my kids 

53 minutes ago, creed said:

Sometimes people should leave their opinions silent when they may not know the entire story and/or haven't walked in the same shoes as the person they're opining about. 

That's true. This isn't necessarily one of those times. If still around, you wouldn't hear a follow up from Paul Harvey.

16 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I mean he wouldve been lead back. It sounds like his problems had nothing to do with competition 

He had already relinquished the starting slot to DJ at the end of last year. Now seeing missing classes and partaking in things he shouldn't. Sounds like a down hill slide.

27 minutes ago, wde1968 said:

He had already relinquished the starting slot to DJ at the end of last year. Now seeing missing classes and partaking in things he shouldn't. Sounds like a down hill slide.

Some interesting parallels with Kam Pettway, starting with the fact that neither was really supposed to ever be the lead back. And yet both got so close to fulfilling most running backs' dreams.

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I never intended to infer dumb jocks. I attended class with plenty athletes at AU who were extremely sharp. I’m talking about guys who are barely qualifying out of high school then graduating from a 4 year school (not just Auburn) in 2.5 or 3 years. While playing a sport that easily demands 20-30 hours a week of your time. 

Well....after making my post, I realized it was kinda dumb.  I mean Lionel James and Dowe Aughtman?  That was like 40 years ago (although it seems like yesterday).  A lot of things have probably changed since then.  My daughter went off to college with the attitude that her gymnastics scholarship was a means to get a good education at no cost to her or the family.  I'm not sure if that attitude prevails on the football side of things.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Some interesting parallels with Kam Pettway, starting with the fact that neither was really supposed to ever be the lead back. And yet both got so close to fulfilling most running backs' dreams.

where is Kam these days?

Just now, lutzcammed said:

where is Kam these days?

Good question. I almost want to say I heard he was coaching high school ball but could totally be making that up.

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Good question. I almost want to say I heard he was coaching high school ball but could totally be making that up.

In 2019, was an assistant coach at Central-Phenix. 

2018 was at Park Crossing in Montgomery.

Archived