Boobee Whitlow gone

Auburn2Eugene

4 hours ago, creed said:

Sometimes people should leave their opinions silent when they may not know the entire story and/or haven't walked in the same shoes as the person they're opining about. 

Kind of how you are keeping your opinion silent?

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, countoff said:

Well....after making my post, I realized it was kinda dumb.  I mean Lionel James and Dowe Aughtman?  That was like 40 years ago (although it seems like yesterday).  A lot of things have probably changed since then.  My daughter went off to college with the attitude that her gymnastics scholarship was a means to get a good education at no cost to her or the family.  I'm not sure if that attitude prevails on the football side of things.

Not dumb at all. I was there in the early 80s myself. There were some quality student athletes there then. Good players and people. 

5 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’m talking about guys who are barely qualifying out of high school then graduating from a 4 year school (not just Auburn) in 2.5 or 3 years.

You've got pros picking out your classes and professors and you've got on demand tutoring. And, I'm assuming that now a days, you can do several online classes and I can't even imagine the vast number of ways there exist to scam that system.

21 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

what ever happened to AUHN1 or something

He left because he was tired of the bickering and immaturity on the forum.  23 has been driven away for the same reasons but I have been trying to get him to come back.  He had good info and was always courteous.  

Boobie has failed to hit 1000 yards rushing due poor o-line play.  With poor o-line depth going forward and losing four starters i think Boobie is going to seek out a solid line to block for him.

15 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I never intended to infer dumb jocks. I attended class with plenty athletes at AU who were extremely sharp. I’m talking about guys who are barely qualifying out of high school then graduating from a 4 year school (not just Auburn) in 2.5 or 3 years. While playing a sport that easily demands 20-30 hours a week of your time. 

At Auburn, athletes have priority in getting the first window to book their classes.  After this it goes by honors college and then priority with the number of hours you have already.   So, they can get every class they want or need at the schedule they need.  Nothing wrong with that, and I was always okay with it as a student.

During the semester they have the options of tutors but so did every other student as well.  You just needed to book them at the library.  It was free.  Lastly, Auburn hired other students to be class checkers to make sure Auburn players attended classes.  They were only allowed to miss three classes and were very stern on it.  I know this because the girl I dated at Auburn was a checker and that is how she got through school.  She absolutely could not lie on that form.

I would venture out to say Auburn is in the top tier of schools that take their education seriously.  Just in case you wanted to know!

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I dont remember that happening at all

Do you remember him only playing in the 2nd half of games?

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Okay, I guess my definition of starter was in contention with the earlier poster. I suppose Boobie didn't literally start games out, but people (most) didn't use that argument to consider Kam Martin the starter during the previous season. My definition of starter is basically the lead back, and that title was never up to debate

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Okay, I guess my definition of starter was in contention with the earlier poster. I suppose Boobie didn't literally start games out, but people (most) didn't use that argument to consider Kam Martin the starter during the previous season. My definition of starter is basically the lead back, and that title was never up to debate

I get what your saying too and agree. Maybe it was Boobee not playing in the 1st half of games that has distorted my memory.

Boobee had 46 carries the last 5 games

DJ had 53 carries the last 5 games

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Do you know if DJ was ever 100% last season?

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Do you know if DJ was ever 100% last season?

I don't think he was ever 100% but close enough to work through it. Think more hurt than injured

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

Boobee had 46 carries the last 5 games

Man. I did not realize that. 

Very encouraging. Not only that DJ was already making that move, but that we had 2 backs with such a similar number of carries over a 5-game stretch. 

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

I thought that was by design, but could be wrong. Let the other backs soften up the defense in the first half then let the wrecking ball Boobie attack a tired defense in the 2nd half. I don't think he was ever 100%.

11 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

Boobie has failed to hit 1000 yards rushing due poor o-line play.  With poor o-line depth going forward and losing four starters i think Boobie is going to seek out a solid line to block for him.

If doesn’t have to sit out this season then that may be a valid point. Otherwise nope. 

Since Boobee was AU's leading rusher the last few years, I wonder what the real reason why he choice to transfer after having some really great years.

4 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Since Boobee was AU's leading rusher the last few years, I wonder what the real reason why he choice to transfer after having some really great years.

No Raise.

38 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

No Raise.

That's Bama's philosophy, not Auburn's.

uat rolls out Dodge Chargers faster than the munchkin can dye his hair. 

On 2/7/2020 at 3:15 PM, auburn4ever said:

we may never know for sure. i feel pretty confident it wasnt being afraid of competition. thats his entire makeup. not backing from competition. having said that, it really doesnt matter IMO since it's his decision.  i wish him good luck in his future

Archived