Rate the class based on needs

gr82b4au

On 2/5/2020 at 5:02 PM, bigbird said:

You mean like 2012...

What happened then?

For some reason I have a memory gap from around the end of August to early December. Could be selective though 🤷‍♂️

10 minutes ago, kwagoner said:

What happened then?

For some reason I have a memory gap from around the end of August to early December. Could be selective though 🤷‍♂️

image.png

If we could have gotten a solid OT in addition to what we got, I would give this class an 8.8 out of 10....Otherwise a solid 8 out of 10. We have got to recruit some heavyweight OL for 2021 or we will get bitten big time on the fanny.  I cannot understand why Gus cannot recruit quality OLs. Maybe now that Bicknell is on staff this will change and if Gus will take an "I will not interfere pill everyday" we could be ok on this front.

On 2/5/2020 at 1:00 PM, bigbird said:

UGA, Bama, LSU, TAMU, Auburn

4 teams we play perenially and the number of 5 stars each team signed. Championship teams have a lot of really good players but typically have 1 or 2 superstar/studs. I'm not saying the players we signed aren't legit or able to achieve that level of greatness, but we are missing on the "can't miss" prospects. 

I'd give this class an 8 defensively and a 6 or 7 offensively. The HS OL recruiting hurt this class

And we somehow got one and still missed in Calvin Ashley

9 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

And we somehow got one and still missed in Calvin Ashley

Tank was a 5 star for a good while and for whatever reason, those who determine who gets the 4 or 5 star rating, got a  burr up their a$$ and bumped him back to a 4 star rating. If we could have gotten Broderick Jones, it would not have surprised me if he would have gotten bumped back to a 4 star status.

After giving much thought, I think the whole star rating system needs to be thrown out the window and replaced with something more appropriate. Maybe something  like "College Starter Potential" that could be equal  to a 3-star rating. "NFL Potential" that could be equal to a 4 star rating. "NFL Starter Potential" that would equal a 5 Star rating.

I Know there are problems with this system, but it at least covers most levels of a players' potential.

9 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Tank was a 5 star for a good while and for whatever reason, those who determine who gets the 4 or 5 star rating, got a  burr up their a$$ and bumped him back to a 4 star rating. If we could have gotten Broderick Jones, it would not have surprised me if he would have gotten bumped back to a 4 star status.

After giving much thought, I think the whole star rating system needs to be thrown out the window and replaced with something more appropriate. Maybe something  like "College Starter Potential" that could be equal  to a 3-star rating. "NFL Potential" that could be equal to a 4 star rating. "NFL Starter Potential" that would equal a 5 Star rating.

I Know there are problems with this system, but it at least covers most levels of a players' potential.

This is easy to figure out Doc. 5 star that pics AU becomes a 4 star. 😎

This is a great class, maybe our best under Malzhan. It addressed all of our needs, especially wide receiver, DB, and defensive line. Yes, it could have used another OT.   It's just hard to fix a broken O line pipeline in one year.  I'd have somebody watching the portal 24/7.

Solid, 7.5 but not great.  Missed on our next Britt,  missed on anchor OT and DT that would have put us up with A&M. 
Hopefully getting Tank, Capers and a TE will be our difference makers in the class...   

I'll give this class a 7.5, which is pretty solid. Had we retained the 2 LB's, Buck and OT that were committed to AU and flipped to other schools it would be a 9 or better.

I saw it posted elsewhere that Clemson hasn't had a committed player flip since 2016. We've taken some heavy hits from flippers recently. Any way to find out Clemson's secret and learn from them?

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Any way to find out Clemson's secret and learn from them?

It's easy. Just play in a weak conference and get in the National Championship game every year. Then everybody wants to play for you. I wonder why everybody doesn't do it.

1 hour ago, Cardin Drake said:

It's easy. Just play in a weak conference and get in the National Championship game every year. Then everybody wants to play for you. I wonder why everybody doesn't do it.

And keep & develop your players.

maybe we can work out a deal and move to ACC East with a clean swap for dabbo's team. We would play for the natty every year no questions asked. Hell would freeze over an infinite time to even consider this!

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

And keep & develop your players.

maybe Clemson needs to move to the weaker division that makes it far more difficult to play for the natty.

12 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

That might have a little bit to do with no player flipping from Clemson since 2016, but that can't be the entire story.

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

That might have a little bit to do with no player flipping from Clemson since 2016, but that can't be the entire story.

If you watch the video's its cause they have a Dave and Busters, Alamo Draft house, and a version of those fancy McDonald's playgrounds you find along well traveled interstates during tourist season all connected to their athletic complex.

Archived