Talking 2020 RBs

steeleagle

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

I have given 95% compliments and mention some things that I think he needs to work on and get attacked.

Huh.

Shivers lacks vision and ability to create, he needs the hole to be where it is suppose to be or he fails on any run between the tackles. 

I guess not saying that he fumbles a lot, which is about the only other thing you could have added to the list of things he could do poorly as a running back, is the same as giving 95% compliments?

Lol at the idea that Gus has been accurately assessing who the best players are on offense and repping them in games accordingly. How naive can Auburn fans still be at this point? Good gravy.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

It’s ok you can give your opinion on every player but him on this board, trust me.  I have given 95% compliments and mention some things that I think he needs to work on and get attacked.  Apparently he is perfect, the only football player in the world with no weaknesses.

I know what you mean.

I realize who is on this board. My opinions as I think most on here are just that, not personal attacks on a player. I will never degrade the person who puts on an AU uniform. And I have been there too, when I would defend my son when he was in the spotlight in his sport, when others would be verbalizing their opinion on his ability or when he did something wrong and I could hear those parents or fans. It comes with the territory. 

55 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Huh.

I guess not saying that he fumbles a lot, which is about the only other thing you could have added to the list of things he could do poorly as a running back, is the same as giving 95% compliments?

Lol at the idea that Gus has been accurately assessing who the best players are on offense and repping them in games accordingly. How naive can Auburn fans still be at this point? Good gravy.

While I will agree with your assessment on Gus regarding his 'scratch your head' on substitutions in many of the offensive positions (and that includes QB, WR, TE), the one area that he seemed to do well in until 2017 was at RB. From 2009 until 2017 Auburn always had at least 1 1,000 yard RB. He has sent many of those RBs to the NFL(Tate, CAP, KJ, Mason, Barber). If there was one complaint during those years it was he rode one RB too much at times(KJ). 

But it seems that the poor OL play the last 2 years has caused him to use that same 'RB by committee, or 'who knows' who is going to get the ball this series', like he did at WR and in some years at QB. 

And maybe the posters '95% compliment' needs to be lowered to maybe about an '85%'. :)

5 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Playing time is earned by showing what you can and can’t do in practice.  Gonna be a good battle over the next few months.

This is a lie.... just so you know 

5 hours ago, auburnphan said:

It’s ok you can give your opinion on every player but him on this board, trust me.  I have given 95% compliments and mention some things that I think he needs to work on and get attacked.  Apparently he is perfect, the only football player in the world with no weaknesses.

Lmao! No he isn’t perfect at all as a matter of fact, far from it.... but he is also not what you say either!  I address him & don’t take offense when you speak things that’s accurate on his mistakes.... but you seem to always be looking for something to say! So whether you like him or not who cares... but when you speak untrue statements about MY SON, I’m gonna check you! How can you give an opinion on what he needs to work on when you haven’t seen if he can do it or not? You think it’s ok to say what he can’t do when he hasn’t been given the opportunity to prove anything.... Do you attend practices to see these things you want people to believe or are just speaking things just to be apart of the conversation? Your sarcasm is amusing but your points are very immature. Let him get a full season in where he gets the opportunity to show what he can do & then judge! Because at this point he hasn’t been granted that opportunity. And for the record, his name is Shaun Worm Shivers not him, respect him as a man, just as you would want to be respected! 

Just to be clear to EVERYONE️ Please don’t feel like you have to tip toe around me because Worm is my son... because just like you, I have opinions too! I don’t care if you like him or not, We don’t know you just as you don’t know us. I see a lot of things but I keep my mouth shut sometimes... what I’ve noticed is that if someone really likes a player other than the one you really like then it’s an issue. Like who you like and be opinionated  in the form of saying in my opinion before you begin to state what you think is a fact on someone.... Ive seen your fav players make horrible decisions during games & mess up, yet you never come on this blog & say a word about it, yet you yap so much about others! Oh I see EVERYTHING.... just an FYI! I have just as much right to be on this board as you do, as a matter of fact, I’ve been here for years.... other parents are here too & they see everything you say because we talk about it! But just know when you speak untruth about mine, I’m gonna correct you! 

19 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Lmao! No he isn’t perfect at all as a matter of fact, far from it.... but he is also not what you say either!  I address him & don’t take offense when you speak things that’s accurate on his mistakes.... but you seem to always be looking for something to say! So whether you like him or not who cares... but when you speak untrue statements about MY SON, I’m gonna check you! How can you give an opinion on what he needs to work on when you haven’t seen if he can do it or not? You think it’s ok to say what he can’t do when he hasn’t been given the opportunity to prove anything.... Do you attend practices to see these things you want people to believe or are just speaking things just to be apart of the conversation? Your sarcasm is amusing but your points are very immature. Let him get a full season in where he gets the opportunity to show what he can do & then judge! Because at this point he hasn’t been granted that opportunity. And for the record, his name is Shaun Worm Shivers not him, respect him as a man, just as you would want to be respected! 

I totally respect Worm and he is one of my favorites to wear the O and B. I would be doing the same thing you are if he were my son. 

I do have a question for you. What would you say are some areas that Shaun could improve on? I know he hasnt been given the opportunity to really shine yet, but with the sample size we do have....what would you say are his areas with room for improvements?

9 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I totally respect Worm and he is one of my favorites to wear the O and B. I would be doing the same thing you are if he were my son. 

I do have a question for you. What would you say are some areas that Shaun could improve on? I know he hasnt been given the opportunity to really shine yet, but with the sample size we do have....what would you say are his areas with room for improvements?

Worm is harder on himself than anyone else can be. So the areas of improvement that we have discussed are areas that he has been working on since he’s been at AU.... So I would say just things to be a more versatile back. Like you, Im just waiting to see him attempt these things in a game so that I can see if it is truly an area of concern. Understand that I don’t see my child unless I go to a game because he doesn’t come home.... he stays at AU  to work on whatever he feels will make his game better. People forget that he is fast but he is human! He has to get going and the more he goes the stronger & better his runs are. I’m sorry that so many AU fans are disappointed that he is there, but he is there for a reason, not by accident. If he stays at AU he will only have 2 more years there so he’ll be out of everyone’s hair soon enough. 

1 hour ago, Momma Worm said:

Worm is harder on himself than anyone else can be. So the areas of improvement that we have discussed are areas that he has been working on since he’s been at AU.... So I would say just things to be a more versatile back. Like you, Im just waiting to see him attempt these things in a game so that I can see if it is truly an area of concern. Understand that I don’t see my child unless I go to a game because he doesn’t come home.... he stays at AU  to work on whatever he feels will make his game better. People forget that he is fast but he is human! He has to get going and the more he goes the stronger & better his runs are. I’m sorry that so many AU fans are disappointed that he is there, but he is there for a reason, not by accident. If he stays at AU he will only have 2 more years there so he’ll be out of everyone’s hair soon enough. 

Woah!!!! Who is disappointed that Worm is here????  I would say if there is any AU fan that is disappointed that Worm is at AU then they aren't a real AU fan. 

I am super happy Worm is at AU. 

Come on Momma.....don't let those two knuckleheads get in your head .....The AU family is super stoked Worm is with us. War Damn Worm, War Damn Momma, and War Damn Eagle.

1 hour ago, Momma Worm said:

How does he feel about blocking? An every down back has to be able to block. It’s pretty clear that he doesn’t mind contact, but blocking seems to be a different thing for RBs. 

For the record, I’m hoping he seizes this opportunity and gets those opportunities to get into a rhythm running the ball this year. 

Let’s don’t forget that in addition to running through the Bammer DB this year Worm made a great run against them the previous year.  Turned the corner and took it to the house with a couple of defenders chasing him.  It was called back on a ticky-tack holding call away from the play but I don’t see how anyone could deny the potential if Chad can find ways to get him loose.  He might even turn out to be Bammer Kryptonite!

Glad you are around here Momma Worm.  Hope some other parents come around and post too. It's a well-needed perspective for some folks.

I haven't spoken to a single Auburn fan in person who doesn't love what they've seen from Worm, on and off the field. Only here in the virtual world is there any negativity. 

I even had a Bammer tell me Shaun reminded them of Josh Jacobs.  Getting compared to the guy who probably should have been the NFL ROY...not too shabby.

That hit he laid on McKinney must have resonated throughout the houndstooth nation too.

I gotta tell ya, I really do think the addition of Morris as OC is a game changer for our entire RB position group. There is so much talent here that has not been used properly and I just really feel Chad is the guy to make it all roll. I may be overly optimistic at this point, but I’m expecting a big change overall. 

12 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

don't let those two knuckleheads get in your head .

This is a message board, and a free one at that. Having a critique of a player doesn’t make one a knucklehead. I understand a parent defending and responding to criticism of their son. But if every parent of every player spent time on this board, we would have to shut it down. If it is so wrong for a poster to critique a player, why is it ok to label them knuckleheads and question their true fan credentials? 

On 2/6/2020 at 6:26 PM, Momma Worm said:

I’m good trust me lol.... I just had time to entertain because I knew someone was going to have something to say after the departure of Boobie.... that’s who he is as a player but I’ve been telling people that all along. He just needs the opportunity that’s all.... he was tired at this point & determined to show people who he was.... he did so many things in that play that people didn’t pay attention too!  Even I had to go back & rewatch & I was like damn! I’ve seen him run through people before but this was different. I like this one better, God answered my prayers & it shut a lot of haters up. Nobody else could have run that play, that day, at that time but him! 

He wasn't wrong about pass blocking.  

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

This is a message board, and a free one at that. Having a critique of a player doesn’t make one a knucklehead. I understand a parent defending and responding to criticism of their son. But if every parent of every player spent time on this board, we would have to shut it down. If it is so wrong for a poster to critique a player, why is it ok to label them knuckleheads and question their true fan credentials? 

Well I’m not going anywhere! Understand the definition of the words you use as well... critique: a detailed analysis and assessment of something, especially a literary, philosophical, or political theory.

If you haven’t seen it what are you assessing? Like I said when you speak untrue statements & I feel like addressing it, I WILL! 
I have a right to speak of for my child that I watch y’all bash on the regular... so again I could careless if you like him or not. Don’t speak ill of him when it’s not a known fact! And it’s also apparent that you can’t be real AU fans when all you do is bash the program in its entirety... it’s ok to get frustrated & vent... but sometimes you all go too far! 

1 hour ago, dyehardfanAU said:

He wasn't wrong about pass blocking.  

Your opinion 🤷🏾‍♀️ that you have no factual information on🤷🏾‍♀️

17 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

Just to be clear to EVERYONE️ Please don’t feel like you have to tip toe around me because Worm is my son... because just like you, I have opinions too! I don’t care if you like him or not, We don’t know you just as you don’t know us. I see a lot of things but I keep my mouth shut sometimes... what I’ve noticed is that if someone really likes a player other than the one you really like then it’s an issue. Like who you like and be opinionated  in the form of saying in my opinion before you begin to state what you think is a fact on someone.... Ive seen your fav players make horrible decisions during games & mess up, yet you never come on this blog & say a word about it, yet you yap so much about others! Oh I see EVERYTHING.... just an FYI! I have just as much right to be on this board as you do, as a matter of fact, I’ve been here for years.... other parents are here too & they see everything you say because we talk about it! But just know when you speak untruth about mine, I’m gonna correct you! 

The fact is that most here love your son and see the potential that isn’t being used. So I don’t think many people are tip-toeing

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I wasn't so much labeling anybody a knucklehead for critiquing a player. I critique players all the time. Also I think you are putting too much negative connotations on the term "knucklehead"....at least more so from the how I use the term. The label was used more so for the snarky remark about critiquing players, not the actual critiquing in itself. 

As to the part of questioning their fanhood....I didn't nor would I question the fanhood of the posters in question. If you re read my post.....Momma was stating like someone said they didn't want Worm here or would be happy if he wasn't on the team. I have not seen anybody on this board here say that.  I do not believe a true Auburn fan would ever wish Worm off this team without reason With that being said....if I did see somebody say they didn't want Worm on the team or that they would be happy when he left without reason....I would DEFINITELY question their fanhood without fail. 

I am all about everybody voicing their opinions regardless of who agrees or disagrees. This is a free message board. I honestly do not know if I could be a member if I had a kid on the team. 

53 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Your opinion 🤷🏾‍♀️ that you have no factual information on🤷🏾‍♀️

Not really an opinion when the film shows the truth.

2 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

If you haven’t seen it what are you assessing? Like I said when you speak untrue statements & I feel like addressing it, I WILL! 
I have a right to speak of for my child that I watch y’all bash on the regular...

I made ZERO statements critiquing your son in this thread. Not one. None. I was questioning why another poster was challenging people for having an opinion. 

2 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

y’all bash on the regular... so again I could careless if you like him or not.

Where in this thread did I provide any opinion on your son, either regarding his performance, or whether or not I like him? I did not. So please stop attacking me. 

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I made ZERO statements critiquing your son in this thread. Not one. None. I was questioning why another poster was challenging people for having an opinion. 

Where in this thread did I provide any opinion on your son, either regarding his performance, or whether or not I like him? I did not. So please stop attacking me. 

I was actually responding to your comment in response to the other poster & his comments.... I just gave you the meaning of the word.... 

Its normal for people to play the victim when they put their foot in their mouth... but just know for the record when I attack you, there will be NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT.... YOU WILL BE ABLE TO IDENTIFY IT IMMEDIATELY! Right now I’m just talking which is what I thought we were doing from the beginning. #WarEagle 

Archived