Talking 2020 RBs

steeleagle

13 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I made ZERO statements critiquing your son in this thread. Not one. None. I was questioning why another poster was challenging people for having an opinion. 

I didn't challenge any poster. Again...you misread or misinterpreted the post. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

In other news....Excited about this backfield we have coming into the 2020 season. Going to be fun to see who comes out on top.

Most excited I've been since 2015, and this group should give us way more.

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I didn't challenge any poster. Again...you misread or misinterpreted the post. 

Fair point. I misinterpreted. 

Tank + MAR + DJ + Worm = fun

I think you make sure DJ/MAR/Worm all get 10 carries a game minimum unless there is a hot hand.

Tank might earn his reps but for now let's go with what we know.

I still love what uga did in 2017:

That's what RB1, RB2, RB3, RB4, QB1, and RB5 did. 

Auburn last year:

RB1, QB1, RB2, RB3, RB4, QB2

I think it's clear who wore it better. 

Now, I'm good with Bo Nix having a lot more carries than Jake from State Fromm. Totally. But we need 2 backs over 100, 3 backs over 75, and no backs over 250. Yes these numbers are arbitrary and I don't care. We have weapons with different skill sets and need to take advantage of that. (For example, one of them just so happens to be a track star who is built like a small tank and is capable of knocking a man's helmet clean off his damned head...)

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Tank + MAR + DJ + Worm = fun

I think you make sure DJ/MAR/Worm all get 10 carries a game minimum unless there is a hot hand.

Tank might earn his reps but for now let's go with what we know.

There's a COOL nickname in there if they can be used enough....

DJ MAR WormTank

DJ MAR TankWorm

There is almost infinite potential in the backfield for 2020...there just is not a lot of experience.

We really need someone to step up in a big way. Boobee was not the best RB in the division much less the conference, but you knew that you would get with him. 

What we have now is potential...lots and lots of potential.

18 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I still love what uga did in 2017:

35%
24%
12%
9.7%
8.8%
7.9%

That's what RB1, RB2, RB3, RB4, QB1, and RB5 did. 

Auburn last year:

32%
20%
17%
12%
11%
6%

RB1, QB1, RB2, RB3, RB4, QB2

I think it's clear who wore it better. 

This can be very misleading and not as clear.  UGA ran the ball 626 times, where Auburn passed more (229 passes compared to UGA's 186 in 2017) and ran it 482 times.  You need to look at the percentages to make it a fair comparison.  I bolded your quote to show percentages instead.  Auburn was more balanced after the lead running back.  This is normal to see in any team that rotates with a feature back and other capable backs behind him.  Auburn is also more balanced of a team in passes to runs with 46-54 average pass-run ratio over the last 3 years.  2019 was an outlier however with a true freshmen QB settling in at 43-57 pass-run ratio.

More dispatches from Saying All The Right Things... (SIAP)

Malzahn said he believes those numbers will increase dramatically with Harold Joiner such a valuable weapon as a receiver and the additions of Mark-Antony Richards and Tank Bigsby to a group that lost leading rusher Boobee Whitlow, but still features dynamo Shaun Shivers along with sophomore DJ Williams and steady veteran Malik Miller.

“I think that's a position that we're very deep and we're very young and talented and so we feel very good about the guys that we have," Malzahn said. "To fit in with what Coach Morris wants to do, the thing that you'll see him doing a little bit more than what we've done is get our backs out of the backfield, matching them up on linebackers and all that and in the pass-catching and everything that goes with that. That will be an emphasis of his in the spring, also, but that is a position that we have a lot of depth. We have a lot of very talented young men, too.”

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Gus-Malzahn-talks-about-the-changes-for-Auburns-offense-under-Chad-Morris-guidance-143417589/

He didnt say anything incorrect. Thats basically what i said in my post. We have almost limitless potential.

Very low on experience and very high on potential.

Archived