2021 4* OT Caleb Johnson Flips to ND (11/20/20)

ellitor

I hope that Auburn 100% goes through signing day this is the type of kid we should have been after for last 4 or 5 years. Ideal size 6'7" 295 pounds probably need strength and conditioning for a year or two to reach potential. 3* now will probably be a 4* down the road. Maybe Bicknell is being allowed to recruit who he wants.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Maybe Bicknell is being allowed to recruit who he wants

I’m actually curious to see how we approach Johnson now that we’ve hired Bicknell. He was high on our board before Bicknell.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I see he is now a 4* on 247 composite. Still showing 100% Auburn on 247 but visited a lot of teams after this came out. Bicknell came on after this came out. Does he like this young man? His sophomore year highlights look very good as he was a monster than. I have not seen any Junior year highlights. In Sophomore highlights he impressed me in a couple ways he moves well for his size which can be seen when he is pulling and he is tenacious he blocks until the whistle, logs keep churning, and if he knocks over his man he goes looking for somebody else to hit.

Like most really big HS O-Line he needs to improve his pad level. I would love to see some Camp footage of him if they have camps this year as I want to see him matched up against bigger and better players as he was just a lot bigger than most of the players he was blocking

Edited by AuburnNTexas

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 4* OT Caleb Johnson
3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Bicknell came on after this came out. Does he like this young man?

@AuburnNTexas Per a VIP article Keith just published yes. AU is still one of the teams recruiting him the hardest.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

247 analyst Steve Wiltfong flipped his pick from AU to ND a couple weeks ago for CJ but flipped it back to AU today. Keith put in a pick for AU too.

• Like 3

JLee says he's hearing buss CJ could commit soon. He says if he does look out for his teammate Garner Langlo to follow suit shortly thereafter.

• Like 1

Happy, happy day on the recruiting front. 2 terrific additions from FL. Love this kids size!

Edited by JFDTiger80
spelling issue
  • Like 1

Two linemen from the same team on the same day! Love the length of the guys we’re getting.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

We finally hit on an OL at a huge position of need!

Not really finally. We hit on Gooch a while back for this class remember.

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not really finally. We hit on Gooch a while back for this class remember.

I’ve enjoyed Bicknell from our small sample size

• Like 1

BOOM!

Welcome to the family.

Love him and his 'little brother' !!!!    

War Damn Eagle.

• Like 1