2021 4* OT Caleb Johnson Flips to ND (11/20/20)

ellitor

12 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I’ve enjoyed Bicknell from our small sample size

And again I'm just glad we have an OLC that's finally allowed to do their job of the field.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Boom boom booming boom 💥 

38 minutes ago, ellitor said:

And again I'm just glad we have an OLC that's finally allowed to do their job of the field.

Man it’s rare I see “E has quoted your tweet” and I don’t come to see myself disappointing you lol.

This kid could literally start as a true freshman.  If Auburn could get 3 of these kids this recruiting cycle the future would be “bright.” said like Gus.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Man it’s rare I see “E has quoted your tweet” and I don’t come to see myself disappointing you lol.

You don't disappoint me FWIW.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not really finally. We hit on Gooch a while back for this class remember.

Ah....that almost seems like years ago with all that has been going on lately. Good catch!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Seems like FL OL recruiting, when we get them, they work out.    

Wish Calvin Ashley did.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Wish Calvin Ashley did.

Good point.   I guess I was thinking a little further back,  names are escaping me,  Avery Young was one,  maybe a guy named Patrick Miller (he left early but showed promise), Wayne  Gandy was from FL too correct?

Edited by The Plainsman
  • Like 1

I would have hated to play against that Ocala line when i was in high school. They have some hosses!!

Welcome to AU Caleb! 

Two nice looking tackle prospects in one day?? No one pinch me, i don't want to wake up from this dream i'm having 😃

• Like 1

Just now, gravejd said:

I would have hated to play against that Ocala line when i was in high school. They have some hosses!!

Welcome to AU Caleb! 

Two nice looking tackle prospects in one day?? No one pinch me, i don't want to wake up from this dream i'm having 😃

I felt the same way the other day. Two legit OTs, a speed freak WR/DB and our top QB target in one weekend... man... don't remember many momentum swings like that.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I felt the same way the other day. Two legit OTs, a speed freak WR/DB and our top QB target in one weekend... man... don't remember many momentum swings like that.

Is Langlo a guard or tackle at the next level?

Edited by Sizzle

7 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

TBD but of the 3 OT commits we have in the class he is most apt to end up at Guard.

18 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

TBD but of the 3 OT commits we have in the class he is most apt to end up at Guard.

Good question and good point. 

Another reason he might be similar to Braden Smith. He could play guard for us and tackle at the next level. Maybe not quite that caliber of prospect just yet though. 

18 hours ago, Sizzle said:

He has the height and Wingspan of a Tackle but moves really well so could easily be a pulling guard.  He is the lightest of the three at about 275 pounds but in the pictures I have seen all 275 is solid no fat. My hope is that he is closer to 290 when he arrives and could be the swiss army type player that really helps Auburn as he can play where needed.  That also gives him a better shot at the Pro's as they always like versatility in O-Line so can play where needed if there is an injury. 

By the time these three arrive all of our Juco OT's should have a year under their belt and that should allow all three to have one year in Program redshirting and getting stronger and learning the playbook so they are ready to step in as redshirt Freshman the following year.

• Like 2

• augolf1716 unpinned this topic
  • 5 months later...

Notre Dame is pushing hard per Keith and it sounds like we just might lose him...

Edited by ellitor
Added Source
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Notre Dame is pushing hard and it sounds like we just might lose him...

Don’t worry.  Auburn gonna play 2 TE at the OT spot.  Gonna change the game.

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

Don’t worry.  Auburn gonna play 2 TE at the OT spot.  Gonna change the game.

Might be the best option at this point

43 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Might be the best option at this point

If we could get away with playing 2 TEs in the place of 1 OT, then I think that's a trade I can live with. :laugh:

Real good chance we sign at least 1 transfer OT. Chances & maybe number goes up if the undergrad transfers have to sit a year rule is gone in January as expected.

If we lose this guy...it’s beyond ridiculous.   Do we even have a “true” OT on the team?  I recall hearing some analyst say we have really nothing but guards.  Bicknell, Gus and whoever else better get to work

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TigerPAC said:

Do we even have a “true” OT on the team?

Coffey & Zierer supposedly but they still need developing.