2021 4* OT Caleb Johnson Flips to ND (11/20/20)

ellitor

22 hours ago, Zeek said:

Notre Dame is pushing hard per Keith and it sounds like we just might lose him...

The “crystal ball” predictions now have him 92% to ND and 8% to AU.
What is going on?  Everything hinges on our strength in the trenches. Why can’t Gus and crew recruit a high school OT, and hang on to him??

Just lol is all you can do.

Screenshot_20201119-195044.png

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Just lol is all you can do.

Screenshot_20201119-195044.png

That's incredibly fishy and fast moving if you ask me.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Fishy? What is fishy about AU losing out on another OT?! Most normal thing about 2020 so far that has happened!! Hahaha

• Like 1

Ridiculous. Might as well get use to living in mediocre if not worse until Gus is gone. I’ve never seen OLine recruiting this bad. It’s extremely embarrassing for this university that any high school OLineman worth a damn could start day one and none of them want to come here. You can recruit every position you want but you’re never going to win without an OLine. College football is all offense nowadays and you ain’t got an offensive without heralded OLinemen. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Fishy? What is fishy about AU losing out on another OT?! Most normal thing about 2020 so far that has happened!! Hahaha

This class is officially bad. Then I see JBoy talking about us looking good for the Harvard kid. Nothing but fallback plans man.

• Like 1

Gus created this disaster. Cherry picking specific types of O line prospects to recruit is ridiculous. UGA and Bama pull in 5* talent  at the position consistently and AU converts defensive lineman to save our offense. I rarely get on recruiting forums anymore because it’s honestly depressing to watch us consistently lose out. Even more so than watching us lose games because you already know watching these recruits jump ship forecast an extremely bleak future. 

I’m just going to go think about Bruce Pearl and MBB. Forget the football only facility. Give that to the basketball team and award Bruce a lifetime contract. He built us into a powerhouse from NOTHING. Gus has taken our powerhouse and turned it into a laughing stock. Seriously, I wish people got behind our basketball team like our football team. It’s light years better than what it was but not near what it should be. This is coming from someone who didn’t watch until Bruce TBH. 

I’m ranting off topic but seriously, this is ludicrous. I hate it here. I’m straight up not having a good time. 👎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Damn we suck . Unreal Gus. You should be ashamed . AU will not compete for championships without strong Oline recruiting. What are you missing man ??? So frustrating guys 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Gus created this disaster. Cherry picking specific types of O line prospects to recruit is ridiculous. UGA and Bama pull in 5* talent  at the position consistently and AU converts defensive lineman to save our offense. I rarely get on recruiting forums anymore because it’s honestly depressing to watch us consistently lose out. Even more so than watching us lose games because you already know watching these recruits jump ship forecast an extremely bleak future. 

I’m just going to go think about Bruce Pearl and MBB. Forget the football only facility. Give that to the basketball team and award Bruce a lifetime contract. He built us into a powerhouse from NOTHING. Gus has taken our powerhouse and turned it into a laughing stock. Seriously, I wish people got behind our basketball team like our football team. It’s light years better than what it was but not near what it should be. This is coming from someone who didn’t watch until Bruce TBH. 

I’m ranting off topic but seriously, this is ludicrous. I hate it here. I’m straight up not having a good time. 👎

I love to see the passion and fight still in you. It left me and @fredst a long time ago. I didn't let death take me but I let apathy take me. It won't leave till beep boop is gone.

2 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Damn we suck . Unreal Gus. You should be ashamed . AU will not compete for championships without strong Oline recruiting. What are you missing man ??? So frustrating guys 

That’s why he’s got to go NOW. People scared we gone become TN but at least their OLine recruiting is better than ours. 🙄

17 minutes ago, Zeek said:

This class is officially bad. Then I see JBoy talking about us looking good for the Harvard kid. Nothing but fallback plans man.

I dunno why we even attempt to recruit high school OL. We are the woooooorst top program at recruiting them. We just need to immediately go the juco and transfer route!!! Lol

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

I love to see the passion and fight still in you. It left me and @fredst a long time ago. I didn't let death take me but I let apathy take me. It won't leave till beep boop is gone.

For recruiting it still burns because honestly that’s probably one of my favorite parts of college sports. However when I’m watching games the apathy you speak of takes completely over. I will always want us to win for our players but it’s not worth getting myself worked up over anymore. I’ve never been more complacent with Auburn football in my entire life than I am now. Even 2012. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

That’s why he’s got to go NOW. People scared we gone become TN but at least their OLine recruiting is better than ours. 🙄

I am not scared at all. Can't be scared what you have already become.... But nah we are in a worse position than Tenn imo. We are in football purgatory. High school doing just enough each season to keep his job is infuriating. Every season is the same!!!

Edited by GwillMac6

9 hours ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

For recruiting it still burns because honestly that’s probably one of my favorite parts of college sports. However when I’m watching games the apathy you speak of takes completely over. I will always want us to win for our players but it’s not worth getting myself worked up over anymore. I’ve never been more complacent with Auburn football in my entire life than I am now. Even 2012. 

Same here. I love crutin almost as much as the actual games. Both have left me in the fetal position most of the time with Gus lately....

Edited by GwillMac6

3 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Let’s go get another wr or TE we are not going to use . Sorry for the bad attitude, but AU is going down a dark path when they could compete every year for titles . 

• Like 1

I still believe Bicknell can get some talent in here especially if Auburn can go on a decent run to end the year.  My real hope, not just for this kid but because it would be cool, would be to somehow get ND in a bowl game and beat their brakes off.  “But Gus sucks at bowls” etc

It is astounding how poorly AU has recruits OL in the last 5 years! OT is a huge need in this class and AU ONCE again has completely wiffed and been extremely out recruiting by our rivals, hell UK recruits OL better than we do now

Edited by keywest
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I love to see the passion and fight still in you. It left me and @fredst a long time ago. I didn't let death take me but I let apathy take me. It won't leave till beep boop is gone

410F96B1-9984-48A1-8DFB-6715B3D7A43A.gif

• Love 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 4* OT Caleb Johnson Flips to ND (11/20/20)
9 hours ago, Zeek said:

@Zeek Not fishy or fast at all. ND has been on him the whole time & most of his fam has been All ND for a while since he has a lot of family up there. He just recently opened up to the idea.

Ouch.... I’ve been following recruiting since about 2004ish and this is as bad as I have seen. Hope the staff can pull some rabbits they can pull out 

What the hell? When did he say the hell with my Auburn commit, now I'm gonna flip to ND. I guess that's what winner does for you. ND wins and the big recruits and Gus doesn't win and he loses top recruits.

Edited by auburn4ever