2021 4* OT Caleb Johnson Flips to ND (11/20/20)

ellitor

30 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I’ve been following recruiting since about 2004ish and this is as bad as I have seen.

@gravejd2004 was worse (30th in recruiting rankings), 2008 & 2009 was about the same level as now (21st & 23rd)

10 minutes ago, Pedaler said:

This one time transfer without sitting out a year has come just at the right time for AU. We’re going to need it.

@PedalerIf it passes. It hasn't passed yet but is expected to in January.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@gravejd2004 was worse (30th in recruiting rankings), 2008 & 2009 was about the same level as now (21st & 23rd)

UGH

This is unfortunate and a real kick to the groin for AU. But, can you blame this kid? He made a great decision. He and his family are probably thinking long term. They took in all the negative recruiting about Gus/Auburn and probably looked into it themselves. They probably realized that Auburn doesn't churn out OL. Perhaps they noticed AU has only had FIVE OL drafted under Gus and then put two in two together.

"Offensive genius and they don't produce great linemen year in and year out, huh?"

This has been stated before in other threads, but WHY would you go to Auburn if you're a guard, tackle, or center? Defensive lineman? Hell yeah, they'll get you to the league. Other side of the ball? Not as much.

Gus has to go. Auburn can't bring in the talent to seriously compete in the SEC West. That's the reality of the program.

.....or his parents simply read posts on this board. 😎

• Like 1

4 hours ago, woodford said:

This is unfortunate and a real kick to the groin for AU. But, can you blame this kid? He made a great decision. He and his family are probably thinking long term. They took in all the negative recruiting about Gus/Auburn and probably looked into it themselves. They probably realized that Auburn doesn't churn out OL. Perhaps they noticed AU has only had FIVE OL drafted under Gus and then put two in two together.

"Offensive genius and they don't produce great linemen year in and year out, huh?"

This has been stated before in other threads, but WHY would you go to Auburn if you're a guard, tackle, or center? Defensive lineman? Hell yeah, they'll get you to the league. Other side of the ball? Not as much.

Gus has to go. Auburn can't bring in the talent to seriously compete in the SEC West. That's the reality of the program.

was it really football or was it just Notre dame the school.     Notre dame degree holds alot of water nationally  more than Auburn University.    Maybe the kid realizes that only  7% of football players make it to the NFL.   He's playing the odds 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

was it really football or was it just Notre dame the school.     Notre dame degree holds alot of water nationally  more than Auburn University.    Maybe the kid realizes that only  7% of football players make it to the NFL.   He's playing the odds 

It's possible. I'm leaning more towards the opportunity to play in the NFL but I don't know the kid so who knows. Notre Dame is better academically, but regardless of where you go, football opens doors to so many opportunities. Any level headed young man can figure that out once they're in school.

On 11/20/2020 at 12:29 PM, auskip07 said:

also look at ND’s track record of putting OL in the league. They’ve put multiple top 10 picks from their OL in the league just in the last few years

3 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

also look at ND’s track record of putting OL in the league. They’ve put multiple top 10 picks from their OL in the league just in the last few years

best of both worlds.   But ND gets embarrassed in the National championship games. (as of recently) 

1 hour ago, auskip07 said:

best of both worlds.   But ND gets embarrassed in the National championship games. (as of recently) 

And we get embarrassed in the peach bowl and outback bowl recently.....

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/22/2020 at 6:26 PM, MadtownTiger said:

It sucks for us, but he's Catholic, so I imagine the opportunity to play for Notre Dame was something he couldn't pass up.

WDE!

Are there any good Baptist OL/OT left on our board or that we can flip from USC or UT? 

Auburn also has other denominations we could recruit, right?  We still have that big Methodist church downtime I imagine.

-yes I am kidding (maybe, will it get us quality OL?). 

9 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

I still want Auburn to hire Mario Cristobal after this season. We'll never be in the running for any kind of championship as long as Malzahn stays.

2 yrs - not a chance until that buyout is palatable.  

Also, I presume we have lost any chance of a football only facility.  Anyone know anything about them breaking ground on that?  

@ellitor