Men vs LSU Game Thread

Maverick.AU

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

@GwillMac6your welcome. 11-0 

Hahahaha I can't handle you going to games in person if that's how freaking stressful and exhausting they will be!!!!

I need like 37 showers after I sweated through my skin!!! Lol

4 minutes ago, auburntiger1987 said:

Do I get props too then? I couldn’t watch until about 15min left in the second half and got us on the upswing. Lol

Yes! All the late comers and early goers get props for willing this team to win. We had the proper amount of people watching the game to avoid the jinx. 

LSU cooled off from 3 pt land overall. We lost the free throw battle for a change. Without Purifoy, we outrebounded them 46-36. Boy did Doughty and McCormick get hot at the right time. What a game. Relentless will to win. Can't say it enough.

3 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I was going to say the exact same. Damn what a team we have. Far from perfect but they got more heart than possibly any team I have seen.

Guys down 11+ almost the entire time against a team laced with 4 stars, couldn’t buy a shot early, and they look like the peak 2019 edition when we needed them most. I’ll never talk s*** about Cambridge’s jump shot or Jvons incessant holding the ball, after this post, again

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Nashville>Deer Creek for me! War Damn Phish!

Wanted to hit up Deer Creek but can only take so much time off.

MUHHHHHHH BAD GUYS!!!!!!!!!!! The slow start and just absolutely abysmal play is ON MUHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Once I stopped posting in the game thread we came back!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SORRY TO MAKE THAT SO STRESSFUL!!!!!!! PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!!!! I will take my lashings on the back as punishment!!! lol

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Guys down 11+ almost the entire time against a team laced with 4 stars, couldn’t buy a shot early, and they look like the peak 2019 edition when we needed them most. I’ll never talk s*** about Cambridge’s jump shot or Jvons incessant holding the ball, after this post, again

Cambridge is my spirit animal.  He's going to be GOOD.  My boy earned 29 minutes today.

2 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Cambridge played 29 minutes, that was huge.

You said it. Right guy at the right time to answer the bell.

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

hahahahaha the inconsistency of this team is maddening because inevitably next game they will annoy the ish out of us BUT MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!! THEY FREAKING WERE CLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTCH TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! If Skiiiiiiiyyyyyyuuuup Bayless and a national show like Undisputed cared about college bball he would fall over himself talking about J'Von's CLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTCH GENE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

4 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Cambridge played 29 minutes, that was huge.

Last AU player to have a triple double?! KENNY GABRIEL!!!!!!! I WOULD OF LOVED LOVED LOOOOOOOOOOOOVED to see him in Pearls system with his freak athleticism!!!!!!

Never quit team! Just love their grit and determination when it’s do or die time.

I AM STILL SHAKING!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!? ARE YOU  FREAKING KIDDING ME?!?!? WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW!!!!!!!!!! We were dead in the water all game (or at least it felt that way to muhhhhhh) and then J'Von decided he was going to put on the Steph Curry and Klay Thompson cape and go absolutely BONKERS!!!!!!!!!!! EN FUEGO!!!!!!!!!! One of my all time favorite regular season non championship/ post season wins everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr in muhhhhhh 30 years!!!! LETS GOOOOO!!!!!!! I LOVE EVERYONE IN HERE!!!!! Even @WarTiger hahahahahahaha. F YOU WILL WADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT FEELS SO SO SO SO GOT DANG GOOOOOOOOOOD to beat my most hated coach in all of basketball. WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Wanted to hit up Deer Creek but can only take so much time off.

Yeah, same. Wanted to do Arkansas>Deer creek, but settled on half of it. I haven’t been to Deer Creek in a long time, and it’s one of my favorite venues for Phish in terms of atmosphere/lot/sound/etc. 

18 minutes ago, dmoney said:

Nope, will watch the replay.... Everytime I dont watching we win... YOU'RE WELCOME...🤣😂

I did not get to watch today. Is there a replay showtime anywhere? Where was Purifoy today?

LSU looks so damn good. How they've lost 6 games and had so many close games is a mystery. A lot of talent, but the guy with the least talent of the bunch, Mays, has such a high IQ. He's their leader, their anchor. Not a fan of Wade though. At all. He has the feel of a coach who can get top shelf talent and somehow squander it all away.

I KNOW I HAVE BEEN really really reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly hard on our starting backcourt especially J'Von but he punted me in the face and threw me off the roof during this game!!!!!!!!! Samir has had 3 outstanding SEC games in a row after he has struggled the past 2 years against SEC teams. and J'Von absolutely saved us today. He carried us when we had like a 17% chance to win down 8 with 1:36 to go. FORGIVE ME?!?! I LOVE YOUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol. I just want him to be more consistently GOOD!!! 

Just now, au701948 said:

I did not get to watch today. Is there a replay showtime anywhere? Where was Purifoy today?

Purifoy has the flu.  

Crazy game. Three guys over 20. No DP. I thought not having Danjel was the dagger. We just played ball and found a way. It’s fun to watch. Stressful but fun. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I AM STILL SHAKING!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!? ARE YOU  FREAKING KIDDING ME?!?!? WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW!!!!!!!!!! We were dead in the water all game (or at least it felt that way to muhhhhhh) and then J'Von decided he was going to put on the Steph Curry and Klay Thompson cape and go absolutely BONKERS!!!!!!!!!!! EN FUEGO!!!!!!!!!! One of my all time favorite regular season non championship/ post season wins everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr in muhhhhhh 30 years!!!! LETS GOOOOO!!!!!!! I LOVE EVERYONE IN HERE!!!!! Even @WarTiger hahahahahahaha. F YOU WILL WADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT FEELS SO SO SO SO GOT DANG GOOOOOOOOOOD to beat my most hated coach in all of basketball. WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't even know what else to say about this team that hasn't already been said!!!! Pearl should win coach of the year for what he has done with this team!! I'll take this team over anyone else in the country and we have a shot to win every game we play! And if it's in The Jungle? FORGET ABOUT IT!! 

HUGE SHOUT OUT TO WILEY, DOUGHTY, AND CAMBRIDGE!! But the BIGGEST shout out to J'VON!!! We have s*** over him all year and then he wins this game for us! Smallest guy on the court gets 9 rebounds??? Ahhhhhhh! I can't work now! I'm too hyped up!

30 minutes ago, auburntiger1987 said:

You guys are too damn dumb. Holy crap all you had to do was not be stupid and you couldn’t do it

Simmer down, Betsy. 

Archived