Jump to content
Null

Men vs LSU Game Thread


Maverick.AU
 Share

Recommended Posts





2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Look at the fans behind him going crazy

thats the girls team in those unis up top. I felt truly bad they had to follow that one up. It was cool they came dressed out 

(speaking of them, s/o to being on the cusp of two big wins against UK and MSU, hope they turn that corner soon)

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One thing I noticed, Mike Morgan, who’s famous for “okoru”called Mccormick “Doughty” several times late in the game. Just baffles me how a supposed big time broadcaster makes these mistakes time after time 

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://stockrisers.com/2018/12/22/isaac-okoro-im-the-best-defender-in-the-country/

 

this guy brings an energy against Watford that is just wonderful to see. Held him to 6 points today, held him to 4 when he was averaging 34.5 in their HS circuit. His instincts and tenacity basically cancel out a disadvantage of 3 inches and likely 20ish pounds

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

That actually jumped out at me.  During recruiting, it seemed weird that Auburn was nowhere on any list of his.  Makes me wonder if CBP decided he didn’t want him and didn’t recruit him - for some reason.  And watford is salty about it?

We tried to recruit him. He never gave Auburn the time of day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This one was pretty special for me. Got to go with my dad brother and 10yo nephew. They live in FL so don’t get up for many games. This is probably nephews 6th AU game and first b-ball game. And his first time seeing us win! They have had such bad luck with the games they pick to see its crazy. He finally got to roll toomers after an AU win and I got to show him the proper form for throwing tp into trees! During overtime i look over at him and he is just wide eyed and mouth hanging open at how the fans are going crazy. I think we might have just gained a life long AU fan in this game. Great game and great day. Thank you tigers for the great time!

 

PS...after the game we went to Bow and Arrow bbq that is out near the airport and that place is awesome!! 

  • Like 8
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That was insane. Great time at the game and the OT was the loudest I have ever heard at a basketball game. I don’t know if you could tell on TV How bananas that place was in OT after 35 and 10 hit the 3s. I thought the roof was going to cave in. Haha 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

One thing I noticed, Mike Morgan, who’s famous for “okoru”called Mccormick “Doughty” several times late in the game. Just baffles me how a supposed big time broadcaster makes these mistakes time after time 

I noticed this as well.  I'm like, if there is a headband, then it isn't Mccormick.  I was watching on my phone and I knew who was scoring.  This isn't difficult.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

One thing I noticed, Mike Morgan, who’s famous for “okoru”called Mccormick “Doughty” several times late in the game. Just baffles me how a supposed big time broadcaster makes these mistakes time after time 

And he never corrects himself. He's totally clueless on how clueless he is.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

That was insane. Great time at the game and the OT was the loudest I have ever heard at a basketball game. I don’t know if you could tell on TV How bananas that place was in OT after 35 and 10 hit the 3s. I thought the roof was going to cave in. Haha 

It definitely came through on TV. When we started our comeback you couldn't even hear the whistles and that was pointed out by the announcers. So proud of our fans for getting SO loud!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

One thing I noticed, Mike Morgan, who’s famous for “okoru”called Mccormick “Doughty” several times late in the game. Just baffles me how a supposed big time broadcaster makes these mistakes time after time 

Several times. And he was doing it on flaming-net three pointers to boot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I watched this game for almost the whole game (missed first 2 minutes) but a couple things were obvious.  

1) we are not a shooting team.  They want to continue to drive down court and pull up for jumpers.  We got lucky toward end of game and hit some but that is not this team.

2) we give up a lot of easy buckets. We are "known" for D but we dont seem to see the open guy A LOT. 

With all that said this team has the one thing I LOVE about AU.  ❤  

Thank you to the best coach in college basketball and to the effort these guys are givingthe AU Family this year!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

I watched this game for almost the whole game (missed first 2 minutes) but a couple things were obvious.  

1) we are not a shooting team.  They want to continue to drive down court and pull up for jumpers.  We got lucky toward end of game and hit some but that is not this team.

2) we give up a lot of easy buckets. We are "known" for D but we dont seem to see the open guy A LOT. 

With all that said this team has the one thing I LOVE about AU.  ❤  

Thank you to the best coach in college basketball and to the effort these guys are givingthe AU Family this year!

There’s other games where your latter point is certainly correct, but I think they’d be more able to defend a shoot first team, especially if Danjel is there. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One thing you probably did not see on TV that I did see live is that after Samir hit the last 3 and did the shimmy, one ref was not happy. He ran over to Samir and got on to him about show boating, and then right after that at the beginning of the time out, one of the AU asst coaches did the same thing. 
Also some of the LSU players would put their hands out like they were flying after they made shots. Ref got on to them as well. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

One thing you probably did not see on TV that I did see live is that after Samir hit the last 3 and did the shimmy, one ref was not happy. He ran over to Samir and got on to him about show boating, and then right after that at the beginning of the time out, one of the AU asst coaches did the same thing. 
Also some of the LSU players would put their hands out like they were flying after they made shots. Ref got on to them as well. 

I don't mind the shimmy.....not the most egregious thing I've seen and it doesn't seem offensive to anyone. Just a kid being happy and having some fun. I didn't see the flying thing but if it just lasts a second or two I don't understand the harm of a little joy to relieve stress  during a tight game. What am I missing?

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was listening to Mike Morgan on the radio this morning (he had the call for the game) and he said he did not think he had been in a louder arena ever. Said he felt the team would not have pulled it out without the crowd. Also said Auburn, since Pearl arrived, went from being the worst home court advantage in the country to the best. I’m in my car thinking “no way I ever thought I would hear this in my lifetime”.man this is fun!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...