Bruce Pearl is the GOAT! (Merged)

tgrogan21

This has been said a lot in the past year and a half or so but after the run we've had this year it's even more true. Just stop and think about how unlikely it is that THIS team is 21-2! After the greatest season of Auburn basketball EVER, we lost 60+% of our scoring from. We lost our two upper class leaders in Bryce Brown and Jared Harper. We lost our two most energetic, give-it-all players in Malik Dunbar and Horace Spencer. We lost one of the most talented players that Auburn has seen in a decade or longer in Chuma Okeke. Two of those players are now or will be playing in the NBA (Once again Congrats to Jared Harper for being called up), one of those players is playing pretty well in the G-League and COULD get called up this year or next. Another player is playing pretty good ball in Argentina (Shout out to my man, Horace for averaging a double-double over there).

The amount of coaching, development, and talent scouting that Pearl has done is AMAZING! He has essentially taken a team that is less talented to TWENTY-ONE WINS AND 2 LOSSES! This team is pretty much a lock for our THIRD straight NCAA tournament. We have survived the toughest part of our SEC schedule and are tied for 1st while beating the other two teams tied with us. All of this while our team has only played ONE great game against Georgia. We're winning despite shooting 30% from the field in most games. CRAZY!

Auburn basketball has historically been one of the WORST TEAMS in the SEC and he has changed the culture around to one where we don't expect to lose games. We expect to win every time we step foot on a basketball court. No longer do we feel the need to rush the court when we beat Kentucky. No longer are our games seldomly attended. The Jungle is one of THE BEST student sections in ALL of college basketball. If this continues, IMO, Pearl will go down as the GREATEST Auburn coach ever. Not just in basketball.

Agree with all points!  While they’re making three statues for the football stadium, go ahead a mold one for BP to go next to Sir Charles outside of the Arena when the right time occurs. What an amazing coach and great ambassador for our proud university. WDE Coach Pearl!!!  🐅🐅🐅🦅🦅🦅🦅

1 hour ago, Gr82batigr said:

Agree with all points!  While they’re making three statues for the football stadium, go ahead a mold one for BP to go next to Sir Charles outside of the Arena when the right time occurs. What an amazing coach and great ambassador for our proud university. WDE Coach Pearl!!!  🐅🐅🐅🦅🦅🦅🦅

Maybe outside Bruce Pearl Arena :big:

What he has done is simply amazing. He is truly a rockstar and we are sooooo lucky we were fortunate enough to land him. Although it took a unique situation for BP to even consider us, I’ll always give Jacobs credit for getting Bruce here. 

I know back in the old days universities, including Auburn, the head FB coach was also the AD (Coach Dye)...my feeling is, since AUBURN is searching for a new president, I nominate Coach Pearl for the presidential position...who else can bring the excitement and total support of the different colleges, faculty and staff like coach would do....by doing this, maybe we can have a president that puts AUBURN first and not their interest...

What he has accomplished at Auburn is undeniable. He is so genuine, passionate and respectful that even the the other fan bases have trouble disliking  him. He is still very much beloved in Knoxville. 

I think he could even coach me, a 60 yo slow, rickety woman to play good basketball! 😂😂😂 He is amazing!!! I just love him and all that he has done for Auburn. 🧡💙 And he loves Auburn, too. 

17 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

What he has accomplished at Auburn is undeniable. He is so genuine, passionate and respectful that even the the other fan bases have trouble disliking  him. He is still very much beloved in Knoxville. 

Yes! My wife loves him. She is MSU through and through but today I had to leave for work before the game ended. She called me when the game ended describing OT and actually said "we" won. She really started liking Bruce last year during the tourney but today was a nice surprise when she said that. 

I hope Pearl coaches here until he retires.  I know Pearl would prefer that from the opening press conference. To get his name on the Arena because of what he will do here. Just keep paying the man and give him what he needs.  I hope he gets his Championship one day to put him in company with some of the best. 

11 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

We were out last night, and this guy next to us says while the highlights are rolling “I’m an Alabama fan, but that guy is great for Auburn as a whole and great for college basketball. By far the best coach in the SEC.”

12 hours ago, jared52 said:

At Bruce Pearl Auburn University?

i was checking out ebay yesterday and bought an autographed rookie card of mr harper. four bucks plus shipping.....

What he has done is incredible!!!!  
The last 2 years we were very talented.  2 of the very best years of AU basketball ever!

This year’s team is not nearly as talented or experienced.  But the culture has changed to the extent that we go into every game expecting to win!  That is tremendous leadership!!!  Bruce also gets the most out of his players, putting them in the best place to succeed!   

If we have rely on 1 player to well so we can have any chance of making the big dance again, what does that say about all the other players on this year's team? Are they overrated or not as good as Bruce made them out to be.

We've lost back to back teams on the road that had losing records while Auburn was 22-2 and Miss our was 10-13 & Georgia was 12-13. They both beat the crap out of Auburn & Pearl

4 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

If we have rely on 1 player to well so we can have any chance of making the big dance again, what does that say about all the other players on this year's team? Are they overrated or not as good as Bruce made them out to be.

Bruce Pearl has been saying all year that we're not a good team. We've been exceeding expectations and talent all year BECAUSE of Bruce. Person put us in a horrible spot with recruiting so we're stuck with a PG that shouldn't be playing more than 15 minutes a game. Man, you make the dumbest comments on this site.

8 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Bruce Pearl has been saying all year that we're not a good team. We've been exceeding expectations and talent all year BECAUSE of Bruce. Person put us in a horrible spot with recruiting so we're stuck with a PG that shouldn't be playing more than 15 minutes a game. Man, you make the dumbest comments on this site.

Give him this. He's consistent. I think of his comments as unintentional humor. :) 

On 2/8/2020 at 2:36 PM, tgrogan21 said:

If this continues, IMO, Pearl will go down as the GREATEST Auburn coach ever. Not just in basketball.

Well, David Marsh has 10 NCAA championships in swimming and diving. (seven men's, three women's) plus a double-digit number of consecutive SEC championships. I suppose GOAT would depend on what perimeters were set. No, I'm no selling Pearl's accomplishment short but what Marsh did shouldn't be overlooked either.

Archived