Finish out the season (Merged)

AlaskanFAN

Ok 8 games left we are 8-2 in conference in a 3 way tie with Uk and LSU (which we own the tie breaker on both). How do you see the rest of the games playing out. We have 4 at home and 4 on the road. 
C8AD7318-6D5D-4082-9CA4-AA4CFE56383A.jpeg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not going to look ahead. I am completely happy with this team and whatever happens, it just happens. They have given everything that they had and have exceeded my expectations. They can play smarter than they have played, but they can't play harder than they have played. If they go 4-4, so what?. Thats 25 wins, and it is after all, AU basketball. BP is the best coach to ever coach at AU, period

Expect to win all of our home games.

In this conference, as GwillMac has pointed out, you can't bet on any away games.  All that needs to happen is have a home team get hot against  a last year final four team like Bama did.  We obviously aren't going to blow anyone away offensively, especially on the road.

My guess is 6-2 the rest of the way.  (14-4 in league play will put us at or near first place)

I think/hope we take care of business at home, and we come away with wins at Mizzou and at uga.   2 losses at UT and UK.  

I’ll be there 2/22! Can’t wait. 

A few weeks ago,  I thought Missouri would be an easy win, but now I’m not so sure.  Based on the way things are in the conference as a whole,  I don’t think anybody is a gimme.  I mean, Vandy beat LSU (for LSU’s first conference loss) a few days ago.

Just want to beat Bama. Can't allow them to beat us at home and can't go 0-2 against them. 

One game at a time is how this this team seems to roll. They are definitely a bring your lunch pail group of guys. 

1 hour ago, AUGoo said:

Expect to win all of our home games.

In this conference, as GwillMac has pointed out, you can't bet on any away games.  All that needs to happen is have a home team get hot against  a last year final four team like Bama did.  We obviously aren't going to blow anyone away offensively, especially on the road.

College basketball is the most Impossible sport to predict. Especially this year. We aren't blowing away teams at home for those patented Auburn Arena knockout punches in the first half. Only major teams we have blown out at home were south Carolina and Georgia. So I'm not even guaranteeing all the rest of our home games as wins like we could do in past years vs presumably inferior teams. We have TAMU and Ole Miss at home and even those 2 teams I'm not guaranteeing we will win.

As for the road games? We could lose them all or we could win them all besides at rupp. Georgia will play their best game of the year against us in Athens. I feel it. I just hope we can survive the first half punch they will throw our way and not get knocked out.

At Present, Auburn would be favored in all of these games except Kentucky. HOWEVER, as we know, Auburn has been producing some real knuckle-biters of late. And getting off to slow starts, falling behind early. At what point do the guys find it impossible to overcome an early deficit? And we've seen complete collapses, losing by around 20 in games that should have been a lot closer -- on paper.

I don't count any game a gimmee. Auburn is capable of running the table or losing any game. I'm just cheering for them one game at a time.

We're going 5-0 over the next 2.5 weeks leading up to @UK.  If we win @UK we're finishing out the season without another loss.

This team has taught me to expect nothing less so I'm not conceding another game right now.

we win out no questions! A final 4 team all of the way. Maybe we get some decent refs and take this thing to the house!

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

Just want to be Bama. Can't allow them to beat us at home and can't go 0-2 against them. 

One game at a time is how this this team seems to roll. They are definitely a bring your lunch pail group of guys. 

we beat the elephant crap out of the turds at Auburn and return the favor to UK as well.

3 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

we beat the elephant crap out of the turds at Auburn and return the favor to UK as well.

My Lord, I just noticed that said that I just wanted to be Bama. Supposed to have been beat Bama. That's embarrassing. 

All 3 teams have 4 home, 4 away. In terms of W/L, AU has the easiest path. LSU the most difficult. Hold serve at home, break even on the road, finish in a tie with one or both, and we have the #1 seed in the SEC Tourney. #2, #3 between LSU/KY. Both would be avoided until the championship game. Get these young men healthy. Time for some payback.

I’ll go 6-2 with loses to Kentucky and Georgia. I’m going to give this team the benefit of doubt that they keep finding ways to win. They have got to figure out how to put together a full game. But we keep winning while playing terrible for large portions of games so that makes think we can be pretty dang good if we put a full game together. 

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It’s amazing to think that this team is probably a average road offense away from being undefeated 

We were never going undefeated. I didn’t like that we got beat by 20 both times. But we are not better than our record 

9 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It’s amazing to think that this team is probably a average road offense away from being undefeated 

We're also a team that is a poor shooting second half away from losing about 4-5 more games. :)

And I don't think for a second we will run the table. Too many close games eventually come back to get you...

I see at least 2 more losses before SECT. I hope no more...winning on the road is oh so tough...

2 hours ago, alexava said:

We were never going undefeated. I didn’t like that we got beat by 20 both times. But we are not better than our record 

I didn’t say all that, I’m just creating a hypothetical. I’m sure if they won those two games, then they probably would’ve got a big head and lost something else. But to this point, a better offense would’ve had them undefeated 

This is the most insane 4-game stretch in AU history. Three OT double digit deficit comeback wins. THREE. AND beat UK. 

Hope we can make it five this Wednesday. 

5-3 would be great in that stretch. That would put us at 26-5 going into the SEC tournament. Can’t believe where Bruce has gotten us to. 

55 minutes ago, Viper said:

This is the most insane 4-game stretch in AU history. Three OT double digit deficit comeback wins. THREE. AND beat UK. 

Hope we can make it five this Wednesday. 

Without needing the comeback however 😁

Time to beat em by 20+ lol

Archived