Newcomers in 2020

AUght2win

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Just gimme the short version of who has a chance to contribute early next year.

Just my opinion- Frazier, pegues, Tank and the juco OLs on offense. 

on defense- Hardy, zyk walker and Burks are the ones that come to mind 

Offense: The WR signees are a solid group. Some will play a good bit. The JUCO O-tackles should be able to provide some backup if injuries occur at the position. RB Tank Bigsby will get some carries. Pegues should be ready to play at H-back.

Defense: Walker at DE/DT is the top one, others will see some action. Whoever turns out to be the top LB signee after fall camp will play a good bit.

Tennison at safety/nickle/dime should be a big factor.

I don't think we signed anybody that's likely  to root some previous starter out of their spot, but the two JUCO D-linemen should get some playing time.

18 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Just my opinion- Frazier, pegues, Tank and the juco OLs on offense. 

on defense- Hardy, zyk walker and Burks are the ones that come to mind 

Also I forgot about Dre Butler but I’ll throw him in mix on the d-line as well. Could be our next buck if big Kat doesn’t step up in the off-season 

On 2/10/2020 at 2:55 PM, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Also I forgot about Dre Butler but I’ll throw him in mix on the d-line as well. Could be our next buck if big Kat doesn’t step up in the off-season 

I don't think either of those guys will be playing Buck in 2020. 

On 2/10/2020 at 2:55 PM, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Dre Butler is listed as a SDE. Buck is WDE. So its unlikely he will be a buck. He seems more in line to take Marlons spot as the DE. 

3 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I don't think either of those guys will be playing Buck in 2020. 

I would probably agree. I think Kat more so than Dre. I think Dre plays SDE . I think Derick Hall will be our starting Buck with TD and Kat coming in at times. I think Kat/Dre/ Walker will fight for PT on the End. JMHO

I think the overall team for 2020 will feature more new starters and overall new players than we have seen in a some years. Hopefully this will be a good thing and the the 2021 team will be super if Gus will get out and stay out of CCM's way and let him have the same autonomy as Coach Steele has on defense.

Domio and some of our other secondary players should be better at forcing tour overs than what we’ve seen recently.

We have 3 receivers who could have signed anywhere in this class.

Gained absolutely critical interior OL depth.

Zy Walker is a huge pickup for a depleted DL.

Wesley Steiner has the potential to be as good or better than Owen Pappoe. Those two together will he the most athletic LB tandem we’ve seen in a long time in terms of ability and drive. He won’t beat out Britt yet but he’ll have meaningful reps preparing for the future.

Defense will take a step back this year so offense is going to have to make up for it.

Archived