2022 4* LB Robert Woodyard (Bama)

ellitor

12 early offers including AU, UGA, LSU, Vols, & Texas A&M
Cousins with 5* 2021 DT AU commit Lee Hunter
Defensive Coordinator is former AU DL Antonio Coleman

• Like 1

6-1, 210 as a Soph?

Has he got a brother also?  Maybe a sister who needs a cheerleading scholy?

42 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

I guess we will see how CAP cuts his teeth here.

@AlaskanFAN This is Coach Steele's recruiting territory. I will let you know if that changes.

1 minute ago, LKEEL75 said:

@ellitor title to thread says LB but pic says RB. Which are we recruiting him at?

You know how I do this by now I think. I put the position we are recruiting a recruit at in the thread title. 

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You know how I do this by now I think. I put the position we are recruiting a recruit at in the thread title. 

That was my assumption but didn't know if we might be doing one of those where we tell kid he will have chance at RB but really he's gonna be LB

38 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

That was my assumption but didn't know if we might be doing one of those where we tell kid he will have chance at RB but really he's gonna be LB

Keith’s notes about him only discussed Travis Williams talking to him.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Keith’s notes about him only discussed Travis Williams talking to him.

So he’s a 5* running back, but is he a 5* linebacker? Inquiring minds want to know.

• Haha 2

On 2/12/2020 at 10:01 AM, ellitor said:

12 early offers including AU, UGA, LSU, Vols, & Texas A&M
Cousins with 5* 2021 DT AU commit Lee Hunter
Defensive Coordinator is former AU DL Antonio Coleman

Yes!!! Ready for our next Mobile area 5 star LB. Last one we had was Tre Williams!!! Let's gooooooo. We got some stuff working for us in his recruitment. Let's use that to our advantage. Wooooo!!!!!

Just listened to his cousin's (Lee Hunter)interview (who is the 5 star lineman from Mobile who has committed to Auburn already) who said Woodyard has not visited Auburn because "he has people in his head telling him not to".  Not a good sign for us at this time.

Edited by tinman

48 minutes ago, tinman said:

Just listened to his cousin's (Lee Hunter)interview (who is the 5 star lineman from Mobile who has committed to Auburn already) who said Woodyard has not visited Auburn because "he has people in his head telling him not to".  Not a good sign for us at this time.

That's what you took out of that interview? I think Lee's quote about he better pick AU or he'll beat him was more entertaining & more worth talking about.

Also the quote is incorrect. The actual quote is "he got other people in his head telling him to go visit other places". Now he may have people pushing him to not see AU but on the surface the 2 quotes can be quite different in meaning.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

That's what you took out of that interview? I think Lee's quote about he better pick AU or he'll beat him was more entertaining & more worth talking about.

Also the quote is incorrect. The actual quote is "he got other people in his head telling him to go visit other places". Now he may have people pushing him to not see AU but on the surface the 2 quotes can be quite different in meaning.

Understand what you're saying,  but he has not visited AU a single time when his cousin has been here numerous times.  I just don't get a good vibe.  Hope I'm wrong!  And it is still very early in the recruiting process.

On 2/13/2020 at 10:06 AM, toddc said:

So he’s a 5* running back, but is he a 5* linebacker? Inquiring minds want to know.

did he play both ways in HS?

Maybe that is why he is being looked at as a better LB for his future than at RB.

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks about these things. Meet me in the Scoob thread?

On my way sir 

• Love 1

On 2/15/2020 at 1:04 PM, steeleagle said:

did he play both ways in HS?

Maybe that is why he is being looked at as a better LB for his future than at RB.

Yes, and he’s starting to be listed as a OLB at #2 on 24/7

• ellitor changed the title to 2022 4* LB Robert Woodyard (Bama)
55 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Committed to Bama today.

Do you think this influences Lee Hunter at all? I see above where it says the two are cousins.

9 minutes ago, TheCHF said:

Do you think this influences Lee Hunter at all? I see above where it says the two are cousins.

@TheCHF Doubt it. They are in 2 different classes with Lee being in the earlier class. If that type of influence happened it's much more likely to happen from the older recruit class wise to the younger recruit, not younger to older.

17 hours ago, ellitor said:

Committed to Bama today.

Is there a chance for a flip with all of Auburn's connections to him or is he solid?

18 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Is there a chance for a flip with all of Auburn's connections to him or is he solid?

My uneducated guess would be that if he didn't even make a single trip to Auburn, he has no interest in us, maybe even has a bunch of negative ideas. While there is always a chance for a flip, some chances are better than others and this one looks like Mission Impossible.

48 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

@abw0004 I have no clue. I have not looked at his recruitment since this thread was created. I just saw Keith say he committed to Bama yesterday so I passed it along.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

https://247sports.com/Player/Robert-Woodyard-46056868/
Woodyard seems to be open for Auburn to recruit him, but it’ll be tough to get him from the turds I’m sure. 
Mobile kid. 4* ILb and we definitely need one or two of these. Just ask @Mikey  Shmedding is at least talking to him and I hope he can get him on campus. AU sells AU!!

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1