Prohibition is almost over

McLoofus

15 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Wouldn't be surprised if it helped with after game sales.

Sales will skyrocket if Gus continues to "Gus" as usual next season, so there is that...

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

You gotta figure ol' Kurt's wearing them down to get that sequal.....

49CPiLn.gif

I will stan for anything related to this film.

And I don't even use the word stan. 

As the OP, I fully endorse it turning into a Kurt Russell appreciation thread. And if anybody wants to throw in any Overboard/Wildcats (a football movie, thank you very much Mr. Moderator) era Goldie Hawn, I'll allow it. 

Meh. I’ll still sneak in double shots of Jack via my wife’s bra. Started this at sporting events, concerts, and movie theaters a few years ago. Small $12 beers and lines aren’t my bag. Also allows me the right amount of buzz without getting too sloppy. 1 double shot in a Diet Coke for the first half of the event, the 2nd in the next half. $5 for two double shots and ~$6 for two cokes. 

When they started this at Vaught Hemingway in Oxford, they were poorly prepared. According to my owner, an Ole Miss grad/supporter, they only had one beer station and the line wrapped around the stadium. Hard pass. 

That said, I do support it and I don’t think anyone will be getting anymore hammered than they already would be. Will be a nice little boost to our athletic budget as well. 

17 hours ago, creed said:

I wonder what the local merchant is thinking about in stadium alcohol sales. Will it eat into their after game sales and profits? Do they think it's a good or bad move for their business. Thoughts.

It won't affect them one bit.  The local merchant's i.e. bars/eateries/pubs are booming on game day and after the games to the point where the lines and wait list are up to 1-2hrs just get in the place.  A patron or fan from the game having a few stadium beers won't decrease the foot traffic or sales of the local merchant's.  

I just fail to see anything but a win-win for AU from a revenue standpoint.  AD Greene has been squeezing ever dime in the AD and making broad cuts to the athletic budget, he's a penny-pincher surely he see the windfall this type of income will generate.

58 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

As the OP, I fully endorse it turning into a Kurt Russell appreciation thread. And if anybody wants to throw in any Overboard/Wildcats (a football movie, thank you very much Mr. Moderator) era Goldie Hawn, I'll allow it. 

giphy (2).gif

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Meh. I’ll still sneak in double shots of Jack via my wife’s bra.

Just as an FYI for the comfort of your wife, they make bracelets, belt buckles, ties and other hidden flasks now.  Here is the bracelet and the tie if you dress up for SEC games if this is up her/your alley in style:

0deb193d-a8ab-4135-9602-58a35d297b76_1.7024aa9371e7b4118b1d99b82e4060b9.jpegiipsrv.jpg

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Just as an FYI for the comfort of your wife, they make bracelets, belt buckles, ties and other hidden flasks now.  Here is the bracelet and the tie if you dress up for SEC games if this is up her/your alley in style:

0deb193d-a8ab-4135-9602-58a35d297b76_1.7024aa9371e7b4118b1d99b82e4060b9.jpegiipsrv.jpg

She got a flask for dirty Santa that looks like a sun tan lotion bottle. Definitely going to put that to use this Summer. Even comes with little adhesive circles to make it look like it’s sealed. 

EUS80V7.jpg

That tie flask is pretty ridiculous though. 

3 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I’ll still sneak in double shots of Jack via my wife’s bra. Started this at sporting events, concerts, and movie theaters a few years ago. Small $12 beers and lines aren’t my bag. Also allows me the right amount of buzz without getting too sloppy. 1 double shot in a Diet Coke for the first half of the event, the 2nd in the next half. $5 for two double shots and ~$6 for two cokes. 

This is the correct way to handle your business. 

(For movies, I prefer a couple cans of wine. Because I'm klassy.)

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

This is the correct way to handle your business. 

(For movies, I prefer a couple cans of wine. Because I'm klassy.)

I didn’t know they made White Zinfandel in cans. 😉

Some canned wines are actually not that bad. Obviously they’re nothing spectacular, but 2 glasses of wine per 12oz can will get you where you want to be. 

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

As the OP, I fully endorse it turning into a Kurt Russell appreciation thread. 

97rKFyY.gif

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Don't forget The Best of Time ..................Beirut best damn baseball player to ever live

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

And then you’re hungover by halftime. 😉

That's not hung-over.  That's Gus' half-time adjustments.

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

97rKFyY.gif

20 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Don't forget The Best of Time ..................Beirut best damn baseball player to ever live

Yes, YES, MORE

On 2/20/2020 at 11:56 AM, Swamp Eagle said:

How passionate are you about equestrian? See the difference?

What? No.  That doesn't make any sense.

Archived