Proposed new Alabama law

Auburn2Eugene

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/483065-alabama-lawmaker-proposes-law-forcing-men-to-get-a-vasectomy-at-50-in

Some libtard thinks that putting a bill down to require men to get snipped at the age of 50, out of their own pockets is a good idea...

This is absolutely absurd!

40 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

This is absolutely absurd!

It's meant to be. It's an ironic proposal. 

4 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

Ridiculous. It's not like it would make any deferens.... :D

My b***s, my choice. :boxing:

I'm sure their will be vas deffering opinions

45 minutes ago, AUDub said:

It's meant to be. It's an ironic proposal. 

It doesn't really work even for that.  No one is proposing to force women to get pregnant, or to get a tubal ligation or a hysterectomy. That's the lie that is told about abortion rights - that it's about "controlling women's bodies"  If it was about control, you'd expect to see a whole lot more laws controlling a lot more other things.  Where are the laws dictating to women when they can or can't get a facelift or Botox injections?  Or breast augmentation or reduction?  Or telling them they can't get a tubal ligation if they never want to have kids?

The reason abortion is the only thing a woman wants to "do with her body" that gets that kind of attention is because there's another human being involved.  It's not just her.  A man getting or not getting a vasectomy isn't analogous.

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Where are the laws dictating to women when they can or can't get a facelift or Botox injections?  Or breast augmentation or reduction?  Or telling them they can't get a tubal ligation if they never want to have kids?

Men also have all of these (or, of course, equivalent) choices.

Pregnancy is the only issue for which there is no male equivalent.

It's very simple. 

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Men also have all of these (or, of course, equivalent) choices.

Pregnancy is the only issue for which there is no male equivalent.

It's very simple. 

Not simple.  Simplistic.  And still a bad analogy.  A forced tubal ligation or hysterectomy would be the closest equivalent to a forced vasectomy.  And no one has proposed such a thing for women.

7 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Not simple.  Simplistic.  And still a bad analogy.  A forced tubal ligation or hysterectomy would be the closest equivalent to a forced vasectomy.  And no one has proposed such a thing for women.

It was an accurate response to your silly question.

And forcing a woman to give birth to a child she doesn't want- and forcing her to endure whatever might go along with that for the rest of her life- is absolutely such a thing for a woman and likely much worse in many cases, considering that this joke was only directed at men over 50. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

lol

And forcing a woman to give birth to a child she doesn't want- and forcing her to endure whatever might go along with that for the rest of her life- is absolutely such a thing for a woman and likely much worse in many cases, considering that this joke was only directed at men over 50. 

You and the representative still fail at analogies. 

The thing is a woman has many choices she can choose to have sex or not to have sex, she can choose to have sex during a period where she won't get pregnant, she can choose to use protection or not to use protection. Once another life is involved it changes the dynamic.  While I don't approve of abortion before anybody says what about rape or incest where the girl had no choice while it hurts me to say this because I even believe those precious babies are living being's I would allow that choice because in becoming pregnant in those incidents the woman or young girl did not have a choice. 

That said I do understand why some woman have had abortions and my heart goes out to them and  the unborn child as I realize it was a tough decision they made and did not come easily. I pray for both the woman and the child.

3 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

The thing is a woman has many choices she can choose to have sex or not to have sex, she can choose to have sex during a period where she won't get pregnant, she can choose to use protection or not to use protection. Once another life is involved it changes the dynamic.  While I don't approve of abortion before anybody says what about rape or incest where the girl had no choice while it hurts me to say this because I even believe those precious babies are living being's I would allow that choice because in becoming pregnant in those incidents the woman or young girl did not have a choice. 

There are so many more dynamics to so many situations. I know you know this and that you are more thoughtful and open-minded about these matters than some others involved in the conversation, so I'm surprised you offer such an oversimplified response on it. 

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

There are so many more dynamics to so many situations. I know you know this and that you are more thoughtful and open-minded about these matters than some others involved in the conversation, so I'm surprised you offer such an oversimplified response on it. 

I actually edited my comment after I read it because I wanted people to understand I do sympathize with the woman making the choice. That said though while it may be simplistic if you honestly believe that at the time of conception it is a living being  and you believe Life is precious you have to protect life.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Truth hurts. Do better. 

Jesus Christ. You're really doing the "nuh uh u r" thing? I've been more correct in this thread than expected or even hoped. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

Jesus Christ. You're really doing the "nuh uh u r" thing? I've been more correct in this thread than expected or even hoped. 

So long as you and the legislator wish to confuse scenarios that only involve the man or woman in question and scenarios which involve another human whose life is directly affected, the attempted analogy falls flat. 

4 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I actually edited my comment after I read it because I wanted people to understand I do sympathize with the woman making the choice. That said though while it may be simplistic if you honestly believe that at the time of conception it is a living being  and you believe Life is precious you have to protect life.

Understood. 

Girlfriend was trying to be funny. Don't take it too seriously. She won't.

13 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

It doesn't really work even for that.  No one is proposing to force women to get pregnant, or to get a tubal ligation or a hysterectomy. That's the lie that is told about abortion rights - that it's about "controlling women's bodies"  If it was about control, you'd expect to see a whole lot more laws controlling a lot more other things.  Where are the laws dictating to women when they can or can't get a facelift or Botox injections?  Or breast augmentation or reduction?  Or telling them they can't get a tubal ligation if they never want to have kids?

The reason abortion is the only thing a woman wants to "do with her body" that gets that kind of attention is because there's another human being involved.  It's not just her.  A man getting or not getting a vasectomy isn't analogous.

You're trying to treat this as a one to one comparison from the wrong paradigm.

11 hours ago, AUDub said:

You're trying to treat this as a one to one comparison from the wrong paradigm.

I’m treating it like the unique situation that it is rather than making false comparisons and category errors. 

44 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I’m treating it like the unique situation that it is rather than making false comparisons and category errors. 

Like I said,  the proposal is meant to be absurd.

But the crux of it is the state-mandated loss of agency regarding something tremendously personal, your health.

On 2/14/2020 at 6:58 AM, johnnyAU said:

Ridiculous. It's not like it would make any deferens.... :D

My b***s, my choice. :boxing:

I disagree... I think it would make a VAS deferens!!!! (If you know your anatomy, that's REALLY funny!)

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

Like I said,  the proposal is meant to be absurd.

But the crux of it is the state-mandated loss of agency regarding something tremendously personal, your health.

I get what they think they are pointing out, but in purposely pretending only one human’s agency is in play here, it fails. 

Archived