Coach Pat Dye

StatTiger

Thank you Stat. The Eightes were, for me, the Golden Years of college football. Coach Dye was exactly who we needed. The right coach at the right time. It's hasn't always been easy to be an Auburn fan but it's always been worth it. Pat Dye actually made it easy too. 

God, how I loved watching Auburn play back then. 

1 hour ago, AUChatman1971 said:

miss the guts and hard work that Pat Dye instilled in his teams. 

Definitely! Hopefully one day soon we will have another like Coach Dye!

Thanks Stuart. Stellar as always my Brother. WDE!!!

my stepfather was dying and we called auburn. the very next day he got a care package from coach dye. he got autographs, a baseball hat and other goodies. coach dye also wrote a handwritten letter. i forget most of what it said but he left my stepfather wih this "when times are tough the tough get going". it made him cry and died shortly after but that meant so much to him. i will always be as grateful to him for that as him making the turds come to Auburn and showing what home field advantage really means. thanks for posting the video!

Can't forget Dye's initial press conference either when a reporter, knowing uat had won the previous 8 games at the time, asked Dye, "How long will it take to beat bama?"  

Dye answered without hesitation, "60 minutes."  Perfect.  Knew then we had the right guy!  

Archived