2021 4* QB Ty Keyes

Sizzle

13 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

He’s listed as a dual threat but going by those highlights, he’s a pocket passer

From another forum:

In 2019, Keyes led Taylorsville to a 15-1 record and a state championship. Keyes completed 213 of 309 passes for 3,721 yards, 41 touchdowns and seven interceptions. He added 805 rushing yards and 11 scores.”

1 hour ago, AUStew87 said:

From another forum:

In 2019, Keyes led Taylorsville to a 15-1 record and a state championship. Keyes completed 213 of 309 passes for 3,721 yards, 41 touchdowns and seven interceptions. He added 805 rushing yards and 11 scores.”

Put up big numbers, almost 70% passing  only 7 int’s, and he’s a winner? Sign me up

12 hours ago, AUStew87 said:

From another forum:

Other forum being Keith Kniebuhr. Please provide links or state the source when bringing info from another forum. Thanks!

If he is coming from Taylorsville, he needs to grow 3-4".    haha

I wish him the best and that would be cool if the interest turned out to be mutual as we get closer.

Ok at 10:00 min into this - that is not right.   Whoever allowed those boys to play in that uniform should be banned from football.   

I didn't watch it all, but was scanning and saw that.   Now , that is just wrong.   I wish my eyes had not seen that.   

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

Who was the highly rated QB recruit from Mississippi we signed the year before Campbell?  He transferred out after a couple of years.

Allen Tillman? But im pretty sure he played WR for us. But Tillman and Phillip Gargus were the 2 QBs we signed in 1999 and Campbell signed in 2000.

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Season/1999-Football/Commits/

This kid is listed as a DT but from his HUDL film he is 99% a pocket passer. He is a lot like Nix in that he escapes pressure with fluidity and keeps his eyes down field. The kid is absolutely a playmaker with his arm. As far as his legs... He is either the fastest 4.9 40 guy ive ever seen or the kids trying to catch him are 5.5 to 6.0 guys.

23 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Allen Tillman? But im pretty sure he played WR for us. But Tillman and Phillip Gargus were the 2 QBs we signed in 1999 and Campbell signed in 2000.

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Season/1999-Football/Commits/

Was there was some guy with the same name? Phil Gargis played QB for AU in 1974, '75, '76.

"Tillman, Tillman, Tillman"    or    "Tillman on the reverse"

- Jim Fyffe 

Keyes kid already has the “Meerkat “ down, so he’s ready for the HUNH—um, “HUSLL”, hurry up, stop, look, and listen, GO.” Do the hustle—sorry.

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

Was there was some guy with the same name? Phil Gargis played QB for AU in 1974, '75, '76.

I guess. Maybe his son? I misspelled his name in my earlier post. Its actually spelled how you spelt it... But if you click that link he is on the bottom of the listings. 

Kind of OT but still Auburn football related, in that same signing class, Ronney Daniels signed... He incidentally was our 2nd and most recent 1000 yard WR in our history. 

1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I guess. Maybe his son? I misspelled his name in my earlier post. Its actually spelled how you spelt it... But if you click that link he is on the bottom of the listings. 

Kind of OT but still Auburn football related, in that same signing class, Ronney Daniels signed... He incidentally was our 2nd and most recent 1000 yard WR in our history. 

I think that was his son. If I am not mistaken he played at Homewood.

1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

They changed him to a pro style. Seems more in line with his play.

Yep as they should. I said the same thing earlier in this thread that he was a pocket passer. 

• 4 weeks later...

That is a classic hurry up to go slow offense. I see lots of growth needed here. He would have been sacked a ton in the SEC. Needs some coaching on lots of stuff. On the other side, he seems to have a pretty good arm. 

18 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

That is a classic hurry up to go slow offense. I see lots of growth needed here. He would have been sacked a ton in the SEC. Needs some coaching on lots of stuff. On the other side, he seems to have a pretty good arm. 

Some of the bad habits holding onto the ball to long that would get you sacked in the SEC is the player knows the level of competition and knows they can get away with it. It is an adjustment most players have to make when going from HS to college. The O-lineman who beats everybody because he is bigger, stronger, faster and don't develop great technique. Coaches recruit talent and potential.  His having a very good arm and some elusiveness is what they are recruiting.

Archived