2021 4* LB/Buck Jeremiah "Scoob" Williams (Florida)

ellitor

24 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

JLEE flat out said it wouldn't be Auburn today if he had to pick now.

That's interesting. Tay just had his weekly update which I was coming here to post & said he was confident it's AU even though Florida is in it & said a commitment would come next week.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeremiah Williams mulling options as decision nears

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports
Senior Editor

The Rivals250 outside linebacker from Ramsay released a final group of schools in June and will make a commitment to one next week.

“I feel like I will be ready,” Williams said. “I am still considering all of my finalists, but there are 2-3 schools sticking out right now. I want to use the next week to focus on my decision because this is a very important decision for me.”

p7ib8nrsoqliesuopzzk

Williams’ finalists are Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, LSU and Oklahoma.

“All of them are great schools with great coaches,” Williams said. “I can’t go wrong choosing any of them.”

Williams, who is the No. 6 overall recruit in Alabama, will spend the next few days talking with his family.

“I want to make the best decision for me,” Williams said. “I want to make the best decision for me and my family. I’m going to talk more with my parents. I want to take time this week, not do anymore interviews, and really think hard about this decision. It’s a decision that will affect me for the rest of my life.”

Williams hasn’t set a date for his announcement.

“It will be sometime next week (July 27-31),” he said.

Rivals ranks Williams, who is 6-foot-4 and 225 pounds, the No. 17 outside linebacker in the 2021 class and No. 227 in the Rivals250.

9 hours ago, Tiger said:

LOL JLee was getting pretty graphic about the discrepancy in predictions 

Is this a reference to some recruiting beat infighting? I saw some references to it on twitter. What a hilarious bit of drama that might be. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Is this a reference to some recruiting beat infighting? I saw some references to it on twitter. What a hilarious bit of drama that might be. 

What'd they say?

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

What'd they say?

Basically somebody was making fun of AU twitter yesterday, and made a checklist of all the stupidity, with something about as vague as my post. The vibe I got from that and some stuff that Dukes posted- again, kind of vague- was that there's beef brewing between him and one or more of the established guys. Sorry I can't be more specific than that but it's about all I have. I'm guessing somebody around here might be able to illuminate us more, although it could be even more stupid than I'm making it sound. 

I'm just looking for some sort of drama to laugh at, as opposed to all the real drama. 

11 hours ago, Tiger said:

LOL JLee was getting pretty graphic about the discrepancy in predictions 

@Tiger what are you referring too? Granted I haven't listened to this week's Rundown yet, but on twitter there's not much there. On the Bumker the big beef & miscommunication was with Dukes & JGT, not JLee, but I thinks that's been cleared up.

8 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

He’s terrible 

He's actually been a lot better than he used to be.

5 minutes ago, Tiger said:

@ellitorand @McLoofus

This is what JLee said (this is a blank video with the audio from the episode) Jay G Tate also kind of said some stuff prior but wasn't nearly as pointed as below: 

Uh oh! Petty Wap has his one good eye trained on the new kid! Sounds a little shook if he's getting that raw about it.

49 minutes ago, Tiger said:

@ellitorand @McLoofus

This is what JLee said (this is a blank video with the audio from the episode) Jay G Tate also kind of said some stuff prior but wasn't nearly as pointed as below: 

@Tiger Sounds like it's from the Rundown. How did you clip it so precisely.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Tiger Sounds like it's from the Rundown. How did you clip it so precisely.

I just found that part of the episode and played it while recording a video. You're correct it's from the Rundown 

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

@ellitorand @McLoofus

It seems like Tay has been right on most everything he has put out so far. I don't think it's anything like what JLee was describing. Most of what Tay has said has in fact "stuck."

24 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

It seems like Tay has been right on most everything he has put out so far. I don't think it's anything like what JLee was describing. Most of what Tay has said has in fact "stuck."

I think he might have been lumping him in with all the non-paid recruiting guys that pop up, making predictions that usually aren't informed at all. Not saying Tay belongs in that group, just saying I think that's what JLee was doing.

Feels like KN has been trying to spoon feed people in his unique verbiage that Scooby is going to Florida or he's trying to prepare people for that possibility. Or at least that is how I have been taking it. 

58 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Feels like KN has been trying to spoon feed people in his unique verbiage that Scooby is going to Florida or he's trying to prepare people for that possibility. Or at least that is how I have been taking it. 

I haven't with him saying a couple times in the past few days that AU is more confident than they were a week ago.

The staff was already cautiously optimistic before then.

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Thought he was a lock to AU? 

45 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

The only lock to any school is when they sign and fax in the NLIT.  Earlier it seemed we were looking good then Florida got involved for a while it looked like Florida had moved ahead.  Now I think if is a toss-up but based on E's last post our staff feels good and more importantly feel better than a week or two ago. Now I will cross my fingers and hope.

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

@ClaytonAU We've went back & forth on JBoy prediction enough. No need to antagonize.

27 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

The only lock to any school is when they sign and fax in the NLIT.  Earlier it seemed we were looking good then Florida got involved for a while it looked like Florida had moved ahead.  Now I think if is a toss-up but based on E's last post our staff feels good and more importantly feel better than a week or two ago. Now I will cross my fingers and hope.

@AuburnNTexas He was making fun of JBoy's picks.

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

Would you rather everyone use Bigbird's method of saying it's 50/50?

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Stop it. Folks are already one whiff away from a full blown meltdown as it is lol 

1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Stop it. Folks are already one whiff away from a full blown meltdown as it is lol 

Crutin And Gus blew a big lead are the best kind of meltdowns. Actually pretty fun after the anger goes away!!!  Lmao

Archived